“Like a glade on Gili Trawangan”

Freedive Gili and Gili Yoga
More attraction details
Owner description: Freediving is the ultimate way to experience the underwater world! At Freedive Gili we teach you to hold your breath and dive free of tanks and bulky equipment, gliding down in silent weightlessness, all in the warm clear tropical waters of Gili Trawangan just East of Bali. Gili Yoga also gives you the opportunity to awaken your mind and body through yoga in one of our daily daily classes set in a beautiful shala in the heart of the island. Our shop an shala are situated at the harbour and are easily found on arrival.
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Gili Trawangan has its restaurants, its diving places, its nightlife. Although the Island is without cars and scooters the feel of it can be quite hectic. And then you come to Freedive Gili and Gili Yoga, it is like a glade in the woods. I was there on a visit in february 2012 and lots had changed since then. They have their new lovely bungalows and a pool. If you come for yoga, the shala is a beautiful place without walls but it is behind the shop so the noise from the street doesnt reach the back. If you come for freediving, it's just a few steps from the ocean. You can get all the equipment you need for freediving and the boat picks you up and drops you of on the beach nearby the shop. The instructors is as happy as you are for your progress in freediving and when you leave you feel lika you need to go back again and dive some more.
The staff is so friendly and the cats that hang out around the shop is as calm as yogis. That is what radiates from Freedive Gili and Gili Yoga.

1  Thank Majjis

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Finally its not about diving (even if it is freediving), yoga or food. It's all about people. And this is what made our stay here exceptional. Mike & Kate were one of the most pleasant hosts and coaches I ever met. Unexpected little present for our daughter's 3rd birthday that we found in our brand new bungalow was very representative small thing that made our 4-day stay at this place the beginning of long history of returning back here again and again (at least we hope so).

This is great place to do yoga, to freedive and to stay with family, without family and with the purpose to make family.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Freedive Gili got me hooked of freediving! The staff are awesome, and great coaches. I started with Level 1 and ended up coming back and doing my masters. Highly recomennded for anyone looking to improve their freediving.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

...and what better way to share it than with the awesome folks at Freedive Gili. The unflappable Dean and lovely Jackie took me from complete novice through Level 1 and 2 and down to 30 meters.

Freediving is one of the best experiences I've had in the water, and one I'd recommend without hesitation. Already looking forward to the Level 3 course!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I didn't have the opportunity to stay at the hotel but a friend and I signed up for the 10 class card (65$) when we were staying on Gili Trawangan. I just wanted to pass on how awesome it was!! The staff are so incredibly friendly and the space for the classes is perfect.
Most importantly, Kristina, our yoga teacher was so incredible! Our wonderful experience of Gili T wouldn't be the same without her. I mean it was obvious by the perma smiles everyone had at the end of each class. Her classes were so peaceful and filled with joy. She is very very knowledgeable and passed on so much of her insights. I'm extremely happy I was given the chance to try new things and grow as a student in her class.