“Restful location; nice outdoor studio space” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Freedive Gili and Gili Yoga

Freedive Gili and Gili Yoga
More attraction details
Owner description: Freediving is the ultimate way to experience the underwater world! At Freedive Gili we teach you to hold your breath and dive free of tanks and bulky equipment, gliding down in silent weightlessness, all in the warm clear tropical waters of Gili Trawangan just East of Bali. Gili Yoga also gives you the opportunity to awaken your mind and body through yoga in one of our daily daily classes set in a beautiful shala in the heart of the island. Our shop an shala are situated at the harbour and are easily found on arrival.
Boston, Massachusetts
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Restful location; nice outdoor studio space”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

At the far end of the touristy center, Gili Yoga offers a good schedule of morning and evening classes taught by creative, well-trained teachers. We took a slow vinyasa class that was moderately challenging.

It's a good antidote to the "scene" nearby.

Visited October 2011
1 Thank Spark_Boston

Frankston, Victoria, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Mission Accomplished”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2011

I was in the area and wanted to further my freediving skills. Under the expert guidance of freedive gili I completed the level 3 freedive course and am now diving 40m+ . I had such a great time on gili trawangan, its very hard to leave. I will be back next year. Thanks to everyone for making this trip so memorable.

Visited November 2011
3 Thank Alan B
Linz, Austria
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“one of the best things i have ever done in my life!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2011

Freediving at freedive gili is one of the best things i have ever done!
It's such an amazing and peaceful experience to dive in the wonderful blue ocean and explore the underwater world while holding the breath. The very experienced and super nice instructors made me feel very comfortable and safe in the water and they taught me how to explore and enjoy the underwater-world.

My time at freediving gili made my holiday very special: its an amazing, relaxed and beautiful place with wonderful people and lazy cats. A home away from home! I'll be back...soon!
Helena

Visited August 2011
Prague, Czech Republic
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Freediving @ Gili - New Personal Best.. :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2011

When I was planning my holiday to Bali, I desided to check Gili and do a level 3 course to improve my deep diving. What a great idea it was. I learned so much, and most important I still remeber it..!! :)
Can't say those were my best diving days, at the begining I was fighting seasick, being hot or cold, later equalization problems. But Mike's broad smile always helped to get me through. I managed to do my PB, but what I value much more is that I learned new technique in few days time.
So big thanks goes to Mike, and also Kate and Bjorn for sharing their knowledge and good moods.. :)
If you get to Gili Trawangan, give it a go, it's not just about being better at snorkling or freediving, you'll bring back with you this one of a kind feeling of freedom which these breath-holding underwater creatures will help you to discover... ;)

Visited October 2011
2 Thank Mick_Man_xx7
Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Breathtaking diving”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2011

I did my AIDA 3-star with Björn and had a great time. At Freediving Gili I managed to relax and at the same time learn a lot about the practice and theory of freediving, as part of a well-organized and serious course. Hanging at the end of the rope in the warm, clear water and seeing the coral moving in the current far underneath was fantastic. Going back to diving in German lakes is a bit tough after this:) I can highly recommend Freediving Gili and Gili Yoga to anyone.

Visited September 2011