“One of the best experiences on Gili Trawangan.”
Review of Diversia Diving

Diversia Diving
Ranked #1 of 44 Tours in Gili Trawangan
More attraction details
Owner description: Diversia Diving is located on Gili Trawangan - the biggest of the Gili Islands: one of the best places to dive and/or to do a PADI dive course in indonesia. On Gili T we have no cars and no motorbikes, only perfect beaches, beautiful coral reefs and a great nightlife. Diversia Diving is just a short walk from the harbor of Gili Trawangan- next to Sama Sama reggae bar. Our dive shop combines Italian design with Indonesian hospitality. We have brand new bungalows (see Tripadvisor Diversia Bungalows or our website), a private beach area and swimming pool where you can relax and enjoy the sun. ​Our diving boat is located in front of the shop. Within 10-20 minutes we can reach almost all dive sites around the three Gili islands.Diving at the Gili islands you will most probably see turtles and reef sharks amongst all other tropical fish. We also offer muck diving and underwater photography dives and/or courses. If you want to have a look around Gili T before or after your dives we are very happy to tell you the best places to watch the sunset or to rent a bike. A presto!
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Diving with Diversia is an absolutely wonderful experience. Their very professional instructors and dive masters cater to absolutely everyones needs. In the time that I was diving there during August I was fortunate enough to see schools of bump head parrotfish, giant and bluefin Trevally, heaps of octopi and cuttlefish and dozens and dozens of turtles. If you do have a chance to dive with them you should definitely consider doing an adventurous night dive on the dive site "Bio rocks". These are steel reenforcing cages that have been built to encourage reef and coral growth. The chances of seeing dwarf cuttlefish, sleeping parrotfish, crabs and shrimp here are brilliant. Overall the diving and staff are excellent and I would have no qualms about diving with them again and again and again.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

I have known Diversia, already more than 2 years, ever since my first visits to the really fun Gili islands, when I started my second patent "advance" with the instructor Corrado.
His generous and patient management of all staff, the care of the equipment in addition to the careful attention to both new and veteran divers, immediately made ​​me feel like I was in a cozy family, despite the continuous efforts, due to the many travelers in the high season. This made it much easier and less anxious, every dive I made with them, allowing me to fully enjoy the many different dive spots located around the three atolls that make up the Gili Islands.
I am particularly grateful to Corrado and Ambra who pointed out and corrected my every mistake or distraction that I made, allowing me to greatly improve my diving techniques in greater safety.
I can not wait to come back to see you guys: well done to everyone.
P.S. "The penne alla Siciliana" by Silvia, I add, have contributed to feel me like at home!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

I completed the Open water course with Diversia a couple of weeks ago and loved it. The Manager was really accommodating and the schedule was very flexible.
All the staff were friendly and all the different groups seemed to be having a great time.
I would recommend this dive shop to anyone who want s to start diving.

The parties are good too:)

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Some of the instructors here aren't fluent in English and also seemingly aren't that great at teaching in their own language. I did a refresher course along with another fellow who was doing a intro dive. The teacher didn't communicate properly how to clear the mask - blow out of your nose while pushing back on the corners of the mask. The newbie simply kept on pushing on the corners and blowing out of his mouth. This happened 8-10 times and each time the instructor just kept telling him to repeat instead of surfacing to tell him to blow out of his nose. Surprisingly, the mask was never really cleared and we just moved on to the next stuff.

The other thing that bothered me was that they put this newbie out in rough open water to practice mask clearing without proper instruction - it could have really ended badly.

The same instructor also kept on putting the wrong size equipment on me while I kept on saying it was too small as well as putting on the wrong weights.

Another time, my oxygen gauge malfunctioned and stayed at the same PSI for awhile and then suddenly dropped to its proper level when surfacing.

Add all of this to bad visibility and almost 80% coral reef destruction in the Gili Islands = an unhappy diver.

I'm sure that the other instructors here are probably top notch and Diversia also can't control visibility and coral reef death, but if you want some good diving I'd probably go somewhere less populated like Kuta in Lombok (not Bali) or the Komodo Islands.

5  Thank noappendix
corradogasparro, Manager at Diversia Diving, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Dear guest ,

First of all I would like to thank you for your review cause we can appreciate all feedback and learn from it. We apologize for the fact that you left Diversia as an unhappy diver. We are not happy with the situation that you describe and we want to assure you that normally high safety and teaching standards are on top of our priority list. Our gauges as all our other equipment is regularly certified by our own Acqualung certified technician. It’s however possible a problem with the gauge during the dive is the cause of the situation you describe.

At the moment we have instructors from England and Italy so we are happy to teach in all these languages (mother tongue) and some other languages like French. As for the coral condition in Gili- this is well known to all divers and described in most (online) tourist guides. Unfortunately most of our shallow dive sites have parts with broken coral. We are however very happy to take advanced divers to some of our deeper dive sites where the coral is still untouched, like Mirkos, Deep Turbo and Simons Reef.

We would definitely recommend to go diving in the South of Lombok and Komodo as well, but it’s important to realize that there can be some strong currents/dive sites that are only suited for experienced divers. We just applied to be a PADI 5 star dive resort, which includes a complete check of the dive school and all equipment. We are confident to get good results and get certified by PADI again.

Thanks again for your review, too bad we couldn’t give you a better experience on Gili Trawangan and we wish you a lot of fun diving on your next trips.

Corrado – Diversia Diving

Reviewed July 27, 2013

I have just completed my PADI Open Water Certificate with Diversia and overall I was thrilled with the experience, the people here and of course the diving.
We had James as our course guide/instructor and he was superb. Amazing amount of knowledge and a really friendly guy. Everyone here was really nice, the atmosphere is all about enjoying yourself and doing lots of diving. I am definitely going back here for my Advanced PADI.

Would recommend to anyone.