“Great sunset”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

As most do, we came for the sunset. They had al their seats directed to the lowering sun which was nice. Though most people leave after after sunset, we staid for diner.

The food (tapas) wasn't that great, the only thing we can recommend are the meatballs in tomato sauce, or as the Spanish call it; albondigas.

We found it relatively expensive, you can get much better value on the island.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

i was here on march 2013, the location of this restaurant is great,nice taste menu but the portion is too small, and really expensive compare with other restaurant at GILI trawangan
i will not recommend

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Thank you to Noel and Sandra and the guys for making our holiday so fab! Karma Kayak is amazing! Wonderful food, fantastic music and chilled atmosphere. We will be back! Best location on Gili T!

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I have to say I was really shocked by the portions of the food and size (forget the prices for now). I ordered the veggie baguette. OMG - where were the veggies? I got not half but a quarter end of a baguette (which was fresh and tasty) and then insulted with super thin slices of zuccini. There were so few pieces not only was I able to count them with my eyes but because they were so thin I could see the bread through them. I new this was wrong. I asked for more veggies and got a small butter bowl. It was better than nothing. My friend ate the noodles with the meatballs which looked nice but he said he was starving 30 minutes later. Now to the price! After eating at other establishments from high end to low this was the most expensive for its value. A large beer was Rp38,000 plus 15% tax. That was beyond normal. Average was Rp30,000 - 35,000. I complained and told the staff the very next restaurant to them was only charging Rp29,000 plus tax. The sandwich was Rp45,000 with no frills - just bread and couple of veggies. Even a tomato or lettuce garnish would have been thoughtful. I also complained about that and told them most places at least served fries or rice, BUT not here. Beyond that the setting is nice, the staff is super friendly and location is away from the main activity. I just think the person creating the menu needs to review the prices and portions compared to the rest of the other establishments. It's nice to do your own thing, be your own establishment, make your own rules and have it your way but when its so far off balance its time to zoom back to reality.

1  Thank Good_Karma_2012
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Excellent place for a nice lunch on the quiet end of the island, great juices and lovely tapas. enjoy