“Best dive shop on gili T”
Review of Gili Divers

Gili Divers
Ranked #7 of 46 Tours in Gili Trawangan
More attraction details
Owner description: Gili Divers is a Swedish/English-run dive shop with an experienced team of instructors and divemasters. At Gili Divers, we believe in very personalized, high standard customer service. Diving in small groups will give you the ultimate experience! We offer all dive courses from beginner up to professional level. Our instructor team is multilingual so we can provide your diving education and course materials in your native language. We are very lucky to be located on the main beach road only 50 meters from the sea. Gili Trawangan offers great warm water diving, lots of turtles and colourful reef fish! On the beach we have a chilled out beach bar, perfect for a cold beer after diving. "Come as a stranger - Leave as a friend".
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Where to start.... Upon arrival at Gili Divers, i was greeted with a warm welcome from everyone. The atmosphere is great, its like a family. When you are not diving everyone sits around on the bean bags to socialize and enjoy a bit of friendly banter. I only planned to do my open water training at gili divers, however the instruction from Greg Portugais was second to none! So I then progressed on to my Advanced diver training with a few extra fun dives. I will be making sure i visit gili divers on a regular basis to continue further training as a Dive Master. Thanks again to all the guys there, and I would highly recommend everyone to dive with Gili Divers!

All reviews
in 20 reviews
"great instructor"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed July 3, 2014

We loved it because it was small groups, for the morning dive it was just us 3 friends and an instructor. For the afternoon 4 divers and 2 instructors.
It was very relaxing and the location was amazing, the debrief was good as well because they go through all the fish you see and very detailed.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

As we love to dive we decided to book a diver's accomodation and based on reviews this hotel seemed fantastic. Our expectations were set high and we looked forward to our 2-night stay. When I think of our overall experience I am not giving them a high rating. All was basic and our expectations were not exceeded, perhaps not even met. Concerning the accomodation, in my opinion the price is too high for what you get. The diving staff is friendly but all seemed busy with one another and we felt left behind. We asked for info on an upcoming dive and we were told that we could join two others that same nigt. Awesome. We payed 45USD pp, which seems a little exoensive to me but okay, it's something we haven't done before in tropical waters. We embarked their boat and after only two minutes we arrived at Bio Rocks. We quickly jumped in and did our dive. I have to say that we were not amazed.. Since everything went so fast it feels as if they took the easy way by diving an artificial reef that is closeby and doesn't take too long in terms of the total time span. Also, what I don't really understand is why we, as their hotel guests, pay the same price as someone who just walks in from outside and books a dive. Would be great if guests could enjoy priviliges such as discounts on fundives. Anyway, overall we've had a great time and as we are open-minded we couldn't be bothered by any if this. But, for those who do I hope this review is helpful in your preps.

2  Thank Kefiano
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We spent a lot of time here .. Its a beautiful beach with clean sand and clear water, a very romantic place for couples to make love. sex and drunk on the beach every day and night. In the morning, we can enjoy the sunset in front of the villa and in the afternoon you can enjoy the beautiful sunrise with a cold beer accompanied by reggae music just 5 minutes riding from villa.Thank you for everything Gili Trawangan