“Brilliant”

Uber Scuba
Ranked #3 of 45 Tours in Gili Trawangan
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: With the emphasis on small dive groups and long dives Uber Scuba is a welcome change from the ‘factory’ approach to diving so often found in Asia. Our beachfront location is the perfect place to chill out between dives, study for courses and of course… to hold our famous beach BBQ’s! Our custom built dive boat can reach even the furthest dive sites in around 10 minutes and with maximum four people per group and no time limits on dives you can dodge the crowds and have what every diver wants… more time underwater! Whether trying diving for the first time, continuing your diving education or just fun diving, Uber Scuba's international team of Instructors and resident Course Directors allow us to offer training from Open Water to Instructor in a variety of languages. Our Instructors and guides can draw on a wealth of local diving knowledge to show you everything the Gili’s have to offer: from turtles, stingrays and sharks to pygmy seahorses and if you’re lucky…a passing manta ray!
Reviewed April 11, 2014

So many dive companies to choose from in Gili Trawangan, but in the end we went Aquaddiction - the staff was extremely warm and accommodating, rental equipment was in perfect condition, and the whole dive was well organized. Dive sites we went to were Bounty Wreck and Deep Turbo (as we requested), unmistakably one of the best dives I ever had. Definitely recommend Aquaddiction for a superb diving experience. Big thank you to Guy and Wayan.

guydivinyl, Manager at Uber Scuba, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2014

Grace - it was a pleasure. I only wish I could have come along to Deep Turbo! Do come again, and explore the other divesites!
Best wishes n keep diving......
Guy

in 6 reviews
"refresher course"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed April 10, 2014

I stayed here and took my Open Water course with the dive center. The open water course was really well run and informative and the instructor was great, friendly and helpful. All dive equipment was in good condition and dives were well organised, well ran and took in interesting dive sites.

The accommodation was good, reasonably priced (especially with the lower rate for those diving with them), comfortable with good AC and pretty quite at night which is handy if you're diving early the next day.

Hi Liam
Thanks - we are happy to help! Do come back some day, it was fun teaching you here..... and dont forget to keep diving!!

Reviewed April 2, 2014

We were looking for a place where we could dive and sleep and ended up in aquaddiction. We liked immidiatly the vibe of the stuff: relaxed, friendly and amusing. The price of the private bungalow fitted our budget, and if you sleep and dive with them you'll get a discount for the dives. We dived there 7 times, mainly with Sonia, an amazing swiss dive instructor and also with Wayan, a great local dive instructor that knows the diving spots like it's his backyard. Every single dive was great, we saw lots of interesting creatures and learned a lot from the instructors about the see life in that area. I did my advanced there with Sonia, so a night dive was also included. They always took the daily currents and our private wishes in account when they picked the diving spots! All in all: the perfect medium size diving family! We'll be back for sure!

Many thanks for the review; we are so glad that you had a good time with us, and like to share this here on T.A. with others. I would like to point out that you god a discount on the rooms, for diving, not on the Diving, for staying with us.... Just to be clear!
Anyway we would love to welcome you again - dont forget to book online to get your discount!

Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here a week. Just meters from most of speed boat drop offs. Instructors have very good eyes and find all the cool stuff to see at dives. Staff also nice. Stayed in dorms which are ok for ac, cleaned everyday & bar just outside to chill. Would like to have sockets for each bed and WiFi signal very week in dorm. Overall very happy and would stay here again.

guydivinyl, Manager at Uber Scuba, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Thank you very much for the suggestions; I will look into your ideas, of course our guests perception is really the most relevant!
Glad you enjoyed yourself and thanks for this review - maybe we'll see you again some time!

See more reviews
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I first stayed and dived at Aquaddiction around a year ago and have been back 3 times since. I did my open water with Rusydi and my advanced with Dave. Both these guys are very knowledgeable and skilled divers whom I would highly recommend at any level. The dive gear is all relatively new and well maintained. The facilities and rooms are very clean and well maintained. Outside diving times the vibe at the place is super chilled and the guys constantly go beyond the call of duty to make sure their guest feel at home. This place seems to attract some pretty cool people, so whether you want to chill out on the bean bags up on the deck or hang out the front of the shop you will have no shortage of friends to share your diving/travel experiences over a cold beer and cool tunes. Keep up the good work guys!

Frosty

1  Thank robbiedbob

Wow! Thanks for the feedback.... so enthusiastic! I almost worried I will have to give some people a payrise just because of your review ;-) ....
Seriously thanks for that, and we are very pleased that you enjoyed yourself so much.... see you back for a 5th time I hope!