“Dive only with Aquaddiction”
Review of Uber Scuba

Uber Scuba
Ranked #8 of 44 Tours in Gili Trawangan
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: With the emphasis on small dive groups and long dives Uber Scuba is a welcome change from the ‘factory’ approach to diving so often found in Asia. Our beachfront location is the perfect place to chill out between dives, study for courses and of course… to hold our famous beach BBQ’s! Our custom built dive boat can reach even the furthest dive sites in around 10 minutes and with maximum four people per group and no time limits on dives you can dodge the crowds and have what every diver wants… more time underwater! Whether trying diving for the first time, continuing your diving education or just fun diving, Uber Scuba's international team of Instructors and resident Course Directors allow us to offer training from Open Water to Instructor in a variety of languages. Our Instructors and guides can draw on a wealth of local diving knowledge to show you everything the Gili’s have to offer: from turtles, stingrays and sharks to pygmy seahorses and if you’re lucky…a passing manta ray!
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We were lucky to accidentally walk into Aquaddiction dive shop: this team is like a little family, atmosphere there is amazing. We can't thank them enough not only for introducing us to the underwater world and organizing underwater wedding for my friends with high quality photo shoot, but also thank you for being so sweet and nice and awesome. All the guys are very professional, you would feel very safe with them underwater, and at the same time you would really enjoy their briefings and company on the ground. Dani - you are an absolute rock star! My Open water I will do with you only, guys! Cheers

1  Thank AnastasiyaKul
gili-advisor, Manager at Uber Scuba, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2016

The wedding was just amazing for us as well thank you.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Recently i went to Trawangan, and stayed in Aquaddiction's bungalow. For a bungalow, the price was quite reasonable and affordable. The location is beachfront and only 100m away from the harbor. But it is too bad, that their beachfront is not very spacious, that you cannot do sunbath or just laying down in the beach.

Me and my friend stayed for 2 nights and i did 1 dive with them. The bungalow was nice, and has a traditional architecture home as their bungalow with an outdoor bathroom. The facilities were very minimum indeed, they only provide you with a towel, no toiletries, no tv, and no air-con so please do expect an excessive sweat during the day. Other than the bungalow, they also offer a dorm for backpackers with a very affordable cost.

The staffs were very nice and very helpful, my dive instructor was also very friendly. It was great to dive with such friendly dive instructor. I loved that they accept a solo diver to do dive with them, while some dive shop only do dive with minimum diver requirement. I think the small group dive will give a quality dive experience. I would like to do some more dive with them some time. The dive charge was IDR370 thousand per dive, with additional charge IDR50 thousand for ecological charge (only charged once). They do accept payment with credit card with additional 3% fee.

1  Thank Rizki P

Thank you for the great review.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Stephen was our dive master and throughout my trip in Southeast Asia he was by far the most professional and safe divemaster I have had. He went through all the briefing a divemaster should and had us put our own gear together while explaining each step and why you do it. I have been diving for awhile without guides and I know how to put together my gear, but I still found this little refresher useful. You can always learn something new. He kept close during the dive and checked on us an adequate amount of times. Also we actually saw a manta at Manta Point and it was stunning. His excitement was contagious. Thank you Aquaddiction and props to Stephen. Good luck in Canada!

We have amazing people because of our passion and energy for diving and our guests are a huge part of this thank you.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I did ten dives last year and now five dives with Aquaddiction. They have the fastest dive boat and friendly and professional staff. They also have bungalows and a backpacker hostel.

I highly recommend diving with Aquaddiction.

Thank you for the wonderful review.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

As soon as I saw the sign for Aquaddicition I was sold! Little did I know that I would extend my stay to almost 3 weeks because of the diving here. The diving is fantastic of course but the dive shop made it for me. The staff made me feel like part of their family. I loved the small dive groups, the great quality dive equipment, and the long bottom times. The dive shop is a great place to hang out and meet people. It has a hostel that is really affordable and clean. My experiences were so incredible that I am returning in May of this coming year to start my dive master training. Their courses are taught by some of the best instructors I have ever dived with around the world. Aquaddiction sucked me in, I love it there and cant wait to get back. I definitely recommend it to everyone!!

1  Thank Chenna41

Come back soon we miss you.