“The best ever tortilini was sensational.”

Trattoria Cucina Italiana
Ranked #26 of 115 Restaurants in Gili Trawangan
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Trattoria Gili Trawangan is part of the Trattoria group that started in Bali 10 years ago, with restaurants in KL, Singapore, Jakarta and Bali. Trattoria Gili Trawangan offers great Italian food at affordable prices with a fantastic ocean view. Our pasta is home made, wood fire pizzas, superb mains and delicious desserts.
Seminyak, Bali, Indonesia
“The best ever tortilini was sensational.”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

The 4 of us had wonderful food at Trattoria Cucina it was some of the best Italian food I have eaten and I eat a lot of Italian food. The restaurant is by the ocean so wonderful views added to the nights delight. Cocktails weren't too bad either.

Visited September 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Slovak first
London, United Kingdom
“Best pizzas in town (and I lived in Italy for a few years! So I know what I'm talking about)”
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

We went back to Trattoria about 5 times. Delicious home-made food.

Our favourite was their PIZZA. Wood-fired oven and top-quality ingredients. It mached Italian pizzas (and was even better than many pizzerias in Italy that do not serve good pizzas).

Lovely atmosphere. Service is a bit slow but friendly and happy.

• Visited August 2013
Genoa, Italy
“Eat as if you were in Italy...”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I'm not joking, eating at trattoria is exactly like being in Italy.
The food is no different than the italian (BTW, I am Italian), I had a seafood risotto and it was perfectly cooked.
With regret, though, I have to specify that the service is italian as well. Therefore, be prepared...service can be late and double-check your bill in order to avoid mistakes.
Food and wine are wonderful. I saw the pizzas, and I believe they were good as well!

Visited August 2013
Hornsea
“Cold over-priced food.”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This is a "chain" restaurant and I would steer clear of it, the staff were friendly and helpful and there were plenty of options on the menu but both of our dishes were served lukewarm at best and therefore we didn't enjoy it.

Visited August 2013
Almere, The Netherlands
“Pasta & carpaccio are terrible!”
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

First thing: the pizza's look very good. Too bad I had a pasta :(
Actually I wanted risotto but while the starter was served I was informed that they were out of risotto. So I quickly chose the simple Italian pasta carbonara. But it was made the American style with way too much baked bacon, the sauce was clothed and the pasta was bathing in grease. It looked terrible and the taste was as bad too. I never had a carbonara this bad.
The starter (carpaccio tuna) was below average, not good and not too bad. The lettuce (oakleaf) tasted really bad (this kind of lettuce is really not suposed to taste like that), it spoiled the whole dish.
I did not finish the dishes but nobody asked or cared about it.

• Visited August 2013