“Luxury away from the hustle and bustle”

The Trawangan Resort
Ranked #17 of 37 Hotels in Gili Trawangan
“Luxury away from the hustle and bustle”
Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

Just out of the main strip of gili, but not too far.
Staff are super friendly and welcoming, as is the resident cat =)
We stayed in a basic room, however, it was perfect, the pool was a few meters away and we had a fantastic outdoor bathroom.
Breakfast included and you get to choose from the ala carte menu, the Mexican option was small but the quality and taste was divine, my partner had the full English breakfast, again, quality was great.
I would certainly stay here again ♥♡♥

• Stayed October 2013
thetrawangan r, Guest Relations Manager at The Trawangan Resort, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Hi. The staff and management are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and very much appreciate you taking the time to write a lovely review about your experience here. Our location is one of the best on Gili T as you say and our breakfast we offer gets many a praise form patrons. We very much look forward to you returning to us soon and once again, thank you for your kind words.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for 3 nights after reading very positive reviews and it definitely surpassed our expectations. For around 60-70USD a night, you get a high ceiling villa for a single room with a front terrace and outdoor bathroom (amazing showers). Unlike the typical hotel, this hotel made you feel like you were living in the most peaceful rainforest (without the insects as they fumigated on a regular basis). Due to its location at the tip of the strip, you are able to enjoy a serene and calm atmosphere at the cost of having to walk around 20 minutes to the center of the island where the majority of the bars and restaurants are located.

Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel. We enjoyed being able to come back to this little haven after tiring days of swimming and snorkeling. Another great thing about this hotel is since it is located further down the strip, the beach is much less crowded than the hotels further up.

Room Tip: Definitely get a villa! (Have a look at the photos I took)
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Luxury_with_a_budget
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Myself and two friends stayed at the Trawangan Resort in September for 5 nights. The resort is down the south end of the island, away from the busy area of the island where most of the ferry's dock. In saying that, it was a very easy 5 - 10 minute walk to places like Scallywags and the Irish Bar. You can hire bikes from the resort which I'd suggest if you want to go north to places near where the ferry's dock or further round the south of the island to the sunset bar.

We took a horse and carriage to the resort and were greeted by friendly reception staff. The room we stayed in was nice, a two bedroom villa, with a private pool. The bedrooms were airconditioned, however the main living and dining areas were not - so we just stuck to the rooms when it got hot!

We had several issues whilst staying at the resort - there was no water when we arrived which we weren't told about and had to wait most of the day for the plumbing to be fixed, we requested a third sun bed several times which never arrived and only one of us could connect to wifi at a time.

The owner of the resort was friendly and he and his friend gave us lots of suggestions for activities and the best places for snorkelling which was really helpful.

The resort is in a quieter part of the island, which is perfect for relaxing and sleeping. But as said, a quick 10 minute walk and you're in the busier part of the island anyway so you can choose what kind of day/night you want to have.

Gili T is beautiful. The whole atmosphere of the island is laidback and nothing happens quickly...which you get used to! Would go back tomorrow if I could!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We stayed at the Trawangan resort for our honeymoon at the end of August for 10 days in a 2 bedroon villa and it was undoubtedly the best holiday we have ever had. We have been fortunate enough to do a lot of travelling over the past few years but would easily say Gili T was the most relaxed Island we've been to.

Everyone at the Trawangan resort was so friendly and instantly made us feel at ease. Nothing was too much trouble for the extremely friendly staff. Breakfast was faultless every morning and we ate at the Tranwangan resort a few lunch times and evenings, with such good food is was nice not to have to go out some evenings. The resort is ideally positioned as you can walk down to lots of different restaurants and bars should you want them but it's just far enough out to be quiet and secluded. The bar just down from the resort does have full/dark moon parties and the dark moon party was on while we were staying however it didn't disturb us at all.

Allan the manager was a really nice guy and helped us to arrange boat trips and different things we wanted to do whilst staying on Gili T. We hired bikes and rode around the Island stopping at a couple of bars on the way. The rooms and pool were very clean along with the other areas of the resort.

We will definitely return here one day and will definitely stay at the Trawangan resort. Huge thanks to all of the staff for making it a honeymoon that we will never forget :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Darwin, Australia
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stayed here as a group of 9 in the 4 bedroom villa. It was a lovely but maybe slightly overpriced. Breakfast was great, however we had room service lunch and it was not very good. Great location if you hire a bike to ride everywhere. Staff were very nice

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Very very satisfied with the surroundings and also room location.pools direct in the front of deluxe room is very warm and clean.definitelly will stay here for our next trip :)
Note: please add more variety on breakfast menu, specially for moslems*

• Stayed October 2013
Miami
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Date: October 14th
Time of infraction: 12:05pm

Out of all my years traveling this is the first time I've ever encountered such a rude receptionist. This is also the first time I felt obligated to write a bad review on a hotel. I've stayed on this island several times since I started living part time in Bali....Kokomo & Scallywags are where are usually stay and have to point out that they are both charming with excellent service.

I came to Gili Trawangan unexpectedly without a hotel reservation and found much to my dismay that my preferred hotels were both full. I hopped over to the Trawangan Resort to ask for availability. They had a room at over 3million rps which I found steep for the shanty unappealing entrance and reception but agreed to pay it nonetheless. Before swiping the card I got a call from Kokomo saying a room opened up. I told the receptionist that this stay will have to be for another time.

He then told me I will have to pay 10,000 (approx $1 USD) for the water that was offered to me at the entrance which is fine. I handed him a 100,000 (approx $10 USD) bill and he told me he had no change...I tell him well I don't either...He then proceeds to yell at me to "get out!" in a rude voice in front of other hotel guests. Now I am not a drama queen but if this is the service I get from this 3million rps/night hotel just because THEY didn't have change for a mini bottle of water I was obliged but willing to pay then I can only imagine what the rest of the service will be like. Rest assure I will never step foot here again.

Gili trawangan is a charming island with other cuter and more beautiful hotels that will offer you better service for a matching price or less...don't waste your time here.

Management please note the date and time mentioned above so you can give your receptionist a crash course on hospitality.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends