“Deluxe room is perfect”

The Trawangan Resort
Ranked #16 of 36 Hotels in Gili Trawangan
“Deluxe room is perfect”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Very very satisfied with the surroundings and also room location.pools direct in the front of deluxe room is very warm and clean.definitelly will stay here for our next trip :)
Note: please add more variety on breakfast menu, specially for moslems*

• Stayed October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Indonesian first
Miami
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Date: October 14th
Time of infraction: 12:05pm

Out of all my years traveling this is the first time I've ever encountered such a rude receptionist. This is also the first time I felt obligated to write a bad review on a hotel. I've stayed on this island several times since I started living part time in Bali....Kokomo & Scallywags are where are usually stay and have to point out that they are both charming with excellent service.

I came to Gili Trawangan unexpectedly without a hotel reservation and found much to my dismay that my preferred hotels were both full. I hopped over to the Trawangan Resort to ask for availability. They had a room at over 3million rps which I found steep for the shanty unappealing entrance and reception but agreed to pay it nonetheless. Before swiping the card I got a call from Kokomo saying a room opened up. I told the receptionist that this stay will have to be for another time.

He then told me I will have to pay 10,000 (approx $1 USD) for the water that was offered to me at the entrance which is fine. I handed him a 100,000 (approx $10 USD) bill and he told me he had no change...I tell him well I don't either...He then proceeds to yell at me to "get out!" in a rude voice in front of other hotel guests. Now I am not a drama queen but if this is the service I get from this 3million rps/night hotel just because THEY didn't have change for a mini bottle of water I was obliged but willing to pay then I can only imagine what the rest of the service will be like. Rest assure I will never step foot here again.

Gili trawangan is a charming island with other cuter and more beautiful hotels that will offer you better service for a matching price or less...don't waste your time here.

Management please note the date and time mentioned above so you can give your receptionist a crash course on hospitality.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank TUSUBALI
Beaufort, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

This hotel is in the perfect location- just far enough away from the "action" on the main strip, but a short walk to get to it. So you have a peaceful place to stay and a short walk in to town. (Note the reviewer who mentions the Dark Moon party, which you probably can't get away from unless you are on the other side of the island- and then not even sure!)
The staff were great, helpful and responsive. Former Australian Alan White is the guest relations manager and connected us with a local fellow for a superb day of snorkeling, fishing and lunch at the breathtaking Tugu resort on Lombok, all on a traditional glass-bottom boat. Alan secured us a brilliant day for good value, as I'd poked around earlier at the endless shops that offer boat trips and what he set up for us beat anything I found in town. I say skip the overwhelming shopfront offerings and go straight to Alan-he'll get you sorted.
Hotel breakfast was outstanding and I loved the "tree huts" above the restaurant for lounging and looking out at that gorgeous blue sea with Lombok in the distance.
The Trawangan Resort will be the place I return to when I get back to Gili T- the island and this hotel are wonderful.

• Stayed October 2013
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

We wanted to stay at a nice and quiet, secluded area on Gili Trawangan. We chose the Trawangan Resort's wonderful 3-bed room, but unfortunately we didn't check the party schedule and we ended up staying on night of the "Dark Moon Party" hosted by the bar/club that's about 50m-100m next to the resort. We could hear the thumping bass in our room. This stay would be perfect had it not been for that party. Otherwise, the beach was fantastic, the restaurant is top-notch, the staff was friendly and attentive, the rooms were VERY well designed. Just make sure that you're not staying at the resort during any major parties.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

We stayed for one night in August. It was during the Indonesian Idul Fitri holidays and all hotels were full. We were welcomed warmly and treated with kindness throughout. Our room was clean and modern. The location is excellent, close to the main attractions, but still quiet. Breakfast was good. We have now stayed at 6 hotels on the Gili islands. Overall, taking everything into account including the prices, this is the best.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Neville3695
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

Definitely a pleasant 3 night stay my friend and I had. Very satisfied with the staff service as they were quick to respond to our requests and made sure we were comfortable with the condition of our room. Overall cleanliness is up to standard as the resort is relatively new (only about 3 years old). We were also promptly given with wifi passwords upon request during our check-in despite stating that it is not available in their website. Plus point!

Breakfast menu is considerably appetizing where hotel guests are given variety choices of a fruit juice, a hot beverage and a main. There are also a few small wooden huts built by the side of the beach where guests are able to enjoy their meals and sea view.

The swimming pool may not be appropriate for those who intend to swim, it's more suitable for guests to dip and soak their body for relaxation purposes as the pool size is pretty small and depth of it is very shallow.

The only set back is that the lighting may be a little bit too dim in the room as well as the pathway from the main street to the resort at night. So be sure to carry a torch light or something that is bright enough to lead you back to the resort safely although the locals there are generally nice and harmless. The bathroom is partitioned with just a 7 foot tall brick wall where it it exposed to to the outdoor/sky. Majority of the rooms are not facing the sea as it is blocked by the 4 bedroom villa (the only unit that is located facing the sea, next to the reception and cafe area). Quality of sleep was excellent! No disturbance or whatsoever.

Location wise, not the closest to the jetty but for those who do not mind walking, a 10-15 mins stroll will be able to get you there without breaking a sweat (if the weather is breezy enough). Alternatively, you can choose to hop onto a horse-cart (50,000 rupiah / RM 15 / USD 5) from the jetty to the resort especially if you have heavy luggages.

In short, I would think this resort is definitely worth the stay and value for money, ideal for couples and friends to consider staying. And if you're looking for somewhere more peaceful and quiet, I reckon this is the place as it's further away from the pubs and bistros.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Feeyona
Kerry
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

Stayed at the Trawangan Resort on a recent trip to the Gilis and really enjoyed it. We had a beautiful, spacious, bright bedroom right next to the pool with a clean and pretty outdoor bathroom. Breakfast each morning was really good, lots of healthy, fresh options. I cannot comment on the food in the evenings or the bar because there was no-one in them during our stay so we ate and drank elsewhere. The only minor blip in an otherwise very enjoyable stay was that we had booked our transfers from Lombok Airport with the hotel and presumed our emails meant that the transfer was confirmed...however on arrival there was no-one there to meet us! After we had booked the transfer I had emailed the hotel to ask if it might be possible to drop the price of same a little and hotel had taken this to mean that I no longer needed their services when they couldn't budge on price!! We were lucky enough to meet a man at Lombok (after waiting for an hour for Hotel personnel and calling hotel umpteen times) who drove us to the area where boats leave for Gili Trawangan (a trip of about 2 hours) and then found us a boatman willing to take us across in the dark of night and actually accompanied us to the reception of the hotel....a shining example of Indonesian hospitality. On arrival we decided the upheaval would just be put down to mis-communication and really enjoyed our time here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple