“Gorgeous facility, delicious food, excellent value! :)”

The Trawangan Resort
Ranked #15 of 37 Hotels in Gili Trawangan
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Had the pleasure of staying at The Trawangan Resort for one night last month... it is located on the quiet southern tip of the island which is about a 10min walk from the ferry terminal or a quick horse-cart ride. The hotel appears very new, facilities were pristine - my room was gorgeous, spacious, outdoor bathroom/shower was very nice. Staff was very accommodating, food was excellent! Surprising good wifi both in hotel and in restaurant and on beach. Excellent value for the money - will definitely be staying here again! Thank you! :)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

Hotel is in good location. Far enough away from the busy area to not be disturbed but close enough to easily reach everything on foot. Hotel had bizarre layout ... You walk passed an open and smelly kitchen to reach the rooms. Beds are EXTREMELY uncomfortable. Creak every time you move an inch. Walls with neighbours are paper thin. Heard some pretty personal stuff going on between a loved up couple next door! Also bathrooms are outside which is nice anywhere else but since the villas are jammed right next to each other you can hear your neighbour on the toilet and showering. Pool very small and freezing but really doesn't matter because you have the most pristine gorgeous beach out front. Breakfasts were really nice. Banana pancakes were great. Staff were nice, but not as friendly as everywhere in Bali. They didn't acknowledge us as we walked in/out of the hotel in the mornings but I'm probably being a bit prissy there! Overall - probably wouldn't stay again if I can book into somewhere nicer like Kokomo or EcoVillas. They were booked out when we were looking.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

Just got back from a 2-night stay with a group of friends. We got a 2BR villa and I echo all the good things other travelers have said about this place. Lovely villa with our own pool, everything worked fine, and I thought service was good overall. Stayed in Villa #2, which is next to a building (another villa?) being built. The building was at least 2 stories high and from the open-air bathroom I can see there are slats for windows that are still bare. Didn't think much of it as have seen other reviewers complain about construction workers being able to see into the bathroom - thought management would have addressed that. And the windows look like they could be pretty high up in a room (not eye-sight level). WRONG. Was in the bathroom and caught a man looking down from the window. He immediately disappeared. I don't want to think about what else he (or others) has seen. This happened right before I was about to check out so there was not much I can ask the staff to do. They said they would ask the construction workers not to work in the mornings while the guests are still in. Really???? Uhm I think you should stop renting out the villa while people could see into the bathroom.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

I went with six girlfriends and it was the perfect place to stay. Wonderful staff, beautiful accommodation and just around the corner from where you can watch the sun set! I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

We paid for a 2 bedroom villa just for myself and my partner, we willing to pay the extra price for more space. On arrival check in was prompt, staff showed us to our 2 bedroom villa however he asked me what room my partner and I planned to stay in and so i chose bedroom A. He then insisted that i did not need the key to the other room which we have booked and paid for. I found it rather odd so the next day i complained to the front desk that i am paying for 2 rooms not one and they agreed to give me the other key to unlock the other bedroom. Really annoying.
Food is ok, room service is timely. Breakfast is limited, we only enjoyed the pancakes.
Front desk staff seem unfriendly they do not greet you and calling front desk is a nightmare, they never pick up. Waiter and waitresses in the front beach bar are nice and friendly though. Air con is noisy and i disliked that our villa overlooked the palm tree field. Tourist and locals regularly walked passed and had full view and/or access to our villa. I felt unsafe at night.
All in all I could not justify why i paid over $1200 AUD for 4 nights here. Wish i stayed at ko-ko-mo or ombak villa

Room Tip: There is construction towards the front. Book a villa from room 6 and onwards. If you want full priv...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Oreolily
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We stayed at The Trawangan for 3 nights. Unfortunately we didnt stayed at the Villa, because we thought it will be too big for us. But looking at the review that i ve got in here.., next time we will just going to booked the villa.

Location not very close but also not very far from the center of party places in Gili.

Staff are very friendly. They are very helpful and nice.

One thing im not really like is the outdoor bathroom. Not because it is outdoor, but it just not clean enough for me, there are a few fungus that we found at the shower, and speaking about privacy, we can hear sounds from the our neighbor bathroom because the bathroom is just next to eachother. Also we can hear people talking from outside the hotel when we are at the bathroom. For me its not too comfortable.

Bed is kinda old, but ok. Lighting inside the room is not very bright at night.

Breakfast are nice. We can choose which meals that we like. For me, i tried banana pancake and the next day toasts, bacon and egg. Plus the fruits or yoghurt!!

Tree House and the private beach outside the hotel are very nice!! Price of the foods and drinks are resonable and also tasty!

You can get a special price for the room rate if you try to email them directly.

1  Thank ailurophobia
Reviewed June 11, 2012

This was our first visit to Gili T. We t ok a recommendation from Trip Advisor and stayed at The Trewangen Resort....a good find! Although there was only two of us, we selected a two bedroom villa with private pool....good move! They are private and our overlooked a beautiful estate next door.
The rooms were very clean, nicely air conditioned with outdoor showers...lovely. We were advised to get a villa at the rear of the resort because of building works...not bad really but it was good advice.
Gili T is great fun and food...just be aware that the boat transfers can be pretty chaotic on the way home...organizational skills are not too apparent...still, a small price to pay. We'll be back!!

Room Tip: Choose Villa 5 or 7
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple