We stayed on Gili Trawangan for a total of 4 days. For us this was a perfect amount, as we were visiting Bali during this time. I wanted to stay in a hotel with a beautiful location right on the beach..... so I searched online quite a bit to check out the hotels. I can only tell you - best on the island! We rented bikes one day even to see the island, and not one hotel came close to having this nice of a beach and so close to the main village. So if you are looking for a nice place to stay with a little bit of luxury, then The Trawangan is your place to stay! Otherwise, most of the other places are for backpackers.
How to get there:
We booked our trip from padangbai through Sea Marlin for $35 per person (round trip). Unfortunately, the so-called 1 hour trip took 2 hours..... and the boat does not dock on the pier - the lay anchor in the bay, and then put you on an even smaller boat and you have to more or less jump into the water to get on the beach... once you get onto the island, take a horse-carriage... we ended up paying around $5, even though I know we could have gotten to the hotel for much less... but for $5, you get a very interesting ride.... it takes only 5 minutes, and you are at the hotel.
The rooms are very nice. But it is more like a hotel than a bungalow or villa. The rooms are great, we loved the outdoor shower. Only problem is that you hear your neighbors - but it was not really a big deal....
- directly on the beach
- great restaurant (recommend the Soto Ayam soup!! Mmmmmm....
- tasty breakfasts
- great view by breakfast (palm tree park)
- secluded, yet still within minutes from the main port for dinner
- staff was really upbeat, always smiling!
- for the hotel? NONE!
Tips for the island:
- in general, the beaches on this island are full of coral, so while walking into the water, you have to be careful when going into the water.
- bike ride around the island - you can rent a bike to go around the island.... but be forewarned... it took us about 2 hours... even though the guy said it takes 1 hour... in general, he forgot to mention that the path around the island is mostly sand... which makes life really difficult on bike...
- snorkelling is ok in Gili Trawangan, but I would almost recommend going on a hired tour. The coral riffs I saw by going from the beach were not so impressive. I assume the areas around the other Gili islands are better.
- eating out.... best place to eat is Beach House... but dont be afraid of the other smaller restaurants... they were much better in price.
All in all, great hotel, great staff, great location... would recommend to anyone who wants to relax, without all the hectic of the main villiage/port. If you want that, you can walk to it within max. 5-10 minutes!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the south beach of Gili Trawangan, THE TRAWANGAN RESORT brings a superior level of comfort and sophistication to your Gili Island experience ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotel.de and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Trawangan Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Trawangan Hotel Gili Trawangan
- The Trawangan Resort Gili Islands/Gili Trawangan