“So Professional, So Customer Oriented, So Nice”

DSM Dive Gili Diving Center
Ranked #4 of 44 Tours in Gili Trawangan
More attraction details
Owner description: DSM Dive is a 5 Star PADI & FFESSM international Dive Resort located on Gili Trawangan's main beach, chosen for its picturesque and friendly "local living" experience, and of course, its spectacular natural environment and beaches. The friendly staff at DSM Dive will gladly offer you a wealth of information on any questions you may present, such as local accommodation, restaurants, activities, night life etc.. Our instructors have dived all around of the world. We are proud to our local and western Staff using multilingual as French, German, Spanish, German Japanese, English. The French safety, ambiance & knowledge will bring you to an incredible training or fun diving experience.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Reviewed August 10, 2012

When I was scanning Gilis' Dive Centers on Tripadvisor, I spotted DSM and carefully, as I usually do, read the 'terrible' reviews, which can be a show stopper for my choice. However, I found strange that this beginner diver was advising a next door competitor!

After 5 days of diving with DSM, I do not regret my choice. Honestly, I am sometimes wondering if tripadvisor's reviewers are really true ones! As far as I am concerned, I am a real trip advisor's reviewer and moreover a real diver with my wife, also a diver and 2 boys (5 and 8).

Our whole family spent great moments with the staff (from the boats, the dive masters, the administrative). Special thanks to William who allowed us to bring the family to the Gilis from Lombok every day with no extra cost (compared to Dream Divers who is asking for extra).

My wife and I really enjoyed the dives (special thanks to the turtles!), even though it is not what we were used to (that is true we are spoilt divers!). My eldest son did his bubblemaker twice: he loved it (special thanks to the turtle again!) and is really looking forward his 10 years old to move forward on diving.

Their professionalism, their gentleness, their sense of service (you do not have to worry about your gear, they set it up and carry it for you) made the difference. We are already missing them.

We are wishing them the best, maybe to expand and have a larger shop which could accommodate happy divers like us.

2  Thank Ravouth

Reviewed August 5, 2012

The DSM Diving Center team is really nice, the Dive Masters are well trained and will take care you enjoy a very nice dive trip on the Gilis. We went to "Shark Point", didn't see sharks but murey eel, turtles, squids and a lot more, the diving was fun, the boat team took care of assembly and test of the equipment, equipment is fairly new and in a very good condition, I'll definitely recommend diving with DSM, give it a try!

Reviewed July 30, 2012

When you come to Gili Trawangan in Indonesia you should visit the small french dive shop on the main road of Gili T. I had so much fun diving with them. The divemasters are locals with more than 15 years diving experience on Gili T. and they really know every corner and every hidden fish personally. Every time they find an octopus, a turtle, a little crab or a nudi branch they try to reach your attention to show you the fascinating underwaterworld. You can even see them smiling with their regulator on. And for your safety they are excellent. They calm you down, help you getting ready, explain you everything about the dive, how the divesite looks like and remind you on all the hand signals you are using etc. so diving with them makes you feel relaxed and you cant even wait to jump into the water. During diving you are fullfilled with so much joy because the divesites are so diverse and you stay in small groups. The whole staff is so friendly and helpful, even the capitane smiles and I really liked hanging around with the guys who are doing their divemaster training there. You are welcome from the very first minute on and it makes you feel you are all one big family with their french charme and humour.
Go there and I promise that you dont wanna leave ;-)

Reviewed July 7, 2012

We have been diving with DSM in 2011 and 2012 and we can highly recommend this dive center and its wonderful team! Ong and Tony are very experienced professional divemaster and perfect guides for the Gilis. They take very well care of all details and spread a lot of fun. We were staying near Sengiggi. The daily transfer by car and boat as well as the reservation were perfectly managed by Wiliam and his team.

We were able to see turtles, a pygmy sea horse, bumphead parrod fishes, lion fishes, stonefish, octopus, many different nudibranches, morey eals, garden eels, ghost pipe fish, snakes, pufferfishes, the bounty wreck and many other attractions. The visibility and conditions were very good on most dives.

Summarizing we enjoyed our time with DSM a lot! Many thanks to the whole team of DSM!

Best regards,

Kirsten & Ingo

2  Thank InKi2007
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised that this small dive operator could deliver much more than what I was looking for. I was in good hands right from my online enquiry. Everything was thought out for me and the entire trip was hassle free. My room in Puri Bunga was huge with sea view, my daily pick ups were on time, airport transfers were absolutely efficient.

The dive shop was kept smaller than most of the other shops in Gili Trawangan, so that they could focus on the guests' diving experience. Resident dive guides Ong and Anding, brought me through the wide varieties of underwater creatures in Gilis. All my dives were nothing short of pigmy seahorses, sharks, huge turtles and colourful crustaceans.

Thank you William and Team. I really enjoyed my dive week in Gilis. Hope to see you guys again soon!

3  Thank Stella_Tay