“Execellent dive school with better-than-expected room”

Trawangan Dive Resort
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Never tried out scuba diving before and today was my first try-out. I chose this hotel exactly because it had a good diving school review from TA.
Had my half day Discover Scuba Diving today with the crew at Dive Centre, and all of the guys on TA were right! Had massive fun today. Saw some turtles, one cute baby shark (may not be the word you usually associate with sharks, but it was indeed very very cute!) and schools of pretty fish! My coach was amazing. And I almost was able to do the dive 85% independently.
Simply put, the dive school is just amazing enough that I am planning to return for my PADI certificate.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Dejavurenee
TrawanganDive, General Manager at Trawangan Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Hi Dejavurenee

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review on trip advisor for us. Indeed not many people would describe sharks as ‘cute’ but at Trawangan Dive, we completely agree with you!!! We look forward to your return, and teaching you to dive 110% independently. See you soon!!

Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

Had a look around for a dive course and place to stay on Gili T and stumbled across Trawangan Dive. So glad we did because it was the easily one of the greatest travelling experiences we had. We did our open water dive course with our Dive Master Adam. He was awesome extremely knowledgeable and easy going. Anton came along with us as he was a dive master in training. These guys were fun, professional, patient and made the dives fun and interesting! All the dive team there including the locals were friendly, welcoming, efficient .. the list could go on.
Our room was a double which the bed was comfy nice bathroom to the side. Good layout. Food was awesome and hired bikes from Ozzy across the road which got us around. Island life is so amazing and would recommend Trawangan Dive to anyone looking for a very fun and memorable trip! Stop looking and just book here!!
Thanks again to everyone at Trawangan Dive and see u all again soon!!!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 22, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here when we did our diving course. It was luxury! The rooms are incredibly clean- white, fresh sheets, clean amenities with a decent sized shower, mini fridge and TV with DVD player all accommodating for a very comfortable stay. The rooms were cleaned daily by friendly staff who were always smiling and happy to have a chat. The location is perfect- right on the beach and close to everything you could need on the main street. The breakfast is included and delicious with multiple choices of meal. I wouldn't stay elsewhere after staying here-it was super relaxing and great value!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Trawangan Dive Bungalows does nothing but make you want to stay longer.
You need to keep everything in perspective here, you are on a small tropical island, fresh water and all supplies are transported from the mainland via local boats in tubs, the small electricity station has a lot to power. We stayed in a standard twin single bed room. TDB is by far one of the cleanest and well maintained accommodation sites available. The rooms are spacious, clean and fresh. TDB ships containers of fresh water from the mainland each day to provide showers and running water - naturally they ask to conserve water use and water pressure is less than the standard high pressure & massive tap head you would have at different hotels. But remember, this is definitely a high standard for the island and only once did we struggle to get water, but its so warm you don't really want it anyway. The only and I mean ONLY negative I can think of for the rooms was the pillow - It was like a volcano. I asked reception if they had spares but they did not (Remember, remote island), I ended up buying a cheap inflatable transport pillow from a local store which was terrible but better. I was the only one with this issue in the room, but alas, it was disappointing. The restaurant was definitely my favourite place to eat on the island, you know food is prepared hygienically and it is good! A very high quality of food for the island. Another major plus of the restaurant is they don't play loud crap repetitive music all day (Which the majority of the other restaurants do), but their chairs are not suited to the tables and are pretty uncomfortable, so unfortunately you don't really enjoy sitting around for too long - really it is a small price to pay for the quality they have in every other factor!
The free WIFI is also surprisingly good! It is fast and strong enough to use Skype. So that gives you a good understanding.
Don't worry about reviews talking about the Mosk. It is loud, it does come on early, but it is a part of the experience, and it is played at a volume to capture as much of the island as possible, so there really is no escape wherever you are staying, just take it for what it is and enjoy the experience.
As for the Diving element - the boat crew, guides and instructors; in fact the staff for the whole resort are amazing. They are welcoming, really look after you and really go out of their way to make sure you enjoy your time and dives, AND they are very safe about everything. You do really feel safe diving with them.
Those 2 small negative points about the pillow and the restaurant chairs are FAR FAR FAR outweighed by the outstanding quality of the hotel in every aspect. I highly recommend staying here, it is suitable for all ages. I am already looking at going back! Enjoy

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Jared S
Reviewed February 17, 2014

The rooms are nice, big and comfortable. Mine came with a great, soft bed, work area, washroom as well as a small fridge. They each have a patio/stoop area with chairs and a table to sit out on. I found the whole place to be clean and well maintained. There are lots of choices for places to stay on the island but Trawanagan Dive is excellent because you can sleep there, dive with them and eat there. One stop shopping allows for a nice, relaxed vacation. They take care of the transfer logistics for you between the mainland and the islands as well.

The only negative about these accommodations is that they are next to a new mosque that scream out the calls to prayer 5 times a day including the one around 4am. It's part of being in an Islamic country but knowing that does not stop it from making you jump out of your skin at 4am when they scream into the loudspeakers. Remember to bring earplugs! All of the shops sell them on the island just for this reason but none of them sell any that are remotely effective. You NEED to bring the wax style earplugs that you can fully squish into your ear. You can't find this type on the island....so bring them...you'll need them.

There are more than this one mosque on the island so trying to find a place to stay where you won't hear them is almost impossible. Even the locals seem to hate the loudspeakers especially when more than one mosque is screaming to be the loudest.

None of this is the fault of the Dive company of course. The only deficiency on their part in this regard is that the washroom windows are just wood shutters with a screen...no glass...so the sound just comes roaring in. The loudspeakers from the mosque are also unfortunately on the side of the rooms where the window is. They say that some people "miss" the calls to prayer after they leave....I call BS on that.

Still, this is the best place on the island to call home while you enjoy some of the better diving in SE asia.

The beach restaurant is just across the road and has a good menu. They also do a BBQ grill for dinner where you can pick what you want BBQ from a selection of fish and meats.

No motor vehicles are allowed on the island as well as no dogs. Horse and cart are used for taxis to get up and down the island and the local cats are in heaven.

I've done a separate review for their dive shop...which is excellent.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank ColorX
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Stayed here for 8 nights was only planing on 4. Took the open water course with my wife, had an amazing instructor his name was Adam. They where very accommodating when we planed on staying longer. Breakfast was very good, on the beach plus it was included with your room! The rooms are very clean, fresh water showers with hot water. Diving was second to none, equipment is very good. Will be coming back for more diving training for sure! J and t

• Stayed: February 2014
TrawanganDive, General Manager at Trawangan Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2014

Hi Justinpen

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review for us. I’m so pleased that everything met your expectations, and we really hope to see you again in the future.

Much appreciated.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

From the moment I walked into Trawangan Dive I knew this was the place where my diving career is going to start. The staff was very competent and I could tell right away that I stepped into a dive shop with very experenced instructors. As safety was my highest priority this was obviously a very important factor.

Having completed my PADI Open Water Course with Adam and my Advanced Open Water Course with James who both have been working on Gili Trawangan for several years, I have been taught by the probably most experienced and knowledgeable dive instructors Gili Trawangan has to offer. I 100% recommend you to dive with Trawangan Dive.

The rental equipment (included in dive price) is all in top conditions, the dive boats are reliable and all staff is incredibly helpful. Customer service is clearly to a very high standard.

Despite all the professionalism, the fun part definitely didn't suffer. Meeting all the dive crew and hearing their amazing stories makes you want to be part of them. And the good thing is: They let you! Having breakfast and lunches together, afternoon cocktails and dinners in different places followed by drinks at the bar. Everyone was welcoming me and I had the most amazing holiday ever.

I was lucky enough to stay in one of their luxury rooms located right behind the dive shop. The rooms are very spacious and clean. You definitely feel like you're in paradise. The beach is located right in front of the dive shop and has got comfy sun beds. There is also a swimming pool with pool bar. The complementary breakfast is very tasty and the coffee at Trawangan Dive is delicious!!

Located a 10 min walk from the busy area Trawangan Dive is pretty much located in the perfect spot and has a lot to offer. I can recommend this place to families as well as sinlge travellers and couples, as it offers everything you can ask for.

I had an epic time and surely will be back one day! Thanks Trawangan Dive

Room Tip: Luxury rooms are all the same standard facing the same direction There is budget rooms available as...