Trawangan Dive Bungalows does nothing but make you want to stay longer.
You need to keep everything in perspective here, you are on a small tropical island, fresh water and all supplies are transported from the mainland via local boats in tubs, the small electricity station has a lot to power. We stayed in a standard twin single bed room. TDB is by far one of the cleanest and well maintained accommodation sites available. The rooms are spacious, clean and fresh. TDB ships containers of fresh water from the mainland each day to provide showers and running water - naturally they ask to conserve water use and water pressure is less than the standard high pressure & massive tap head you would have at different hotels. But remember, this is definitely a high standard for the island and only once did we struggle to get water, but its so warm you don't really want it anyway. The only and I mean ONLY negative I can think of for the rooms was the pillow - It was like a volcano. I asked reception if they had spares but they did not (Remember, remote island), I ended up buying a cheap inflatable transport pillow from a local store which was terrible but better. I was the only one with this issue in the room, but alas, it was disappointing. The restaurant was definitely my favourite place to eat on the island, you know food is prepared hygienically and it is good! A very high quality of food for the island. Another major plus of the restaurant is they don't play loud crap repetitive music all day (Which the majority of the other restaurants do), but their chairs are not suited to the tables and are pretty uncomfortable, so unfortunately you don't really enjoy sitting around for too long - really it is a small price to pay for the quality they have in every other factor!
The free WIFI is also surprisingly good! It is fast and strong enough to use Skype. So that gives you a good understanding.
Don't worry about reviews talking about the Mosk. It is loud, it does come on early, but it is a part of the experience, and it is played at a volume to capture as much of the island as possible, so there really is no escape wherever you are staying, just take it for what it is and enjoy the experience.
As for the Diving element - the boat crew, guides and instructors; in fact the staff for the whole resort are amazing. They are welcoming, really look after you and really go out of their way to make sure you enjoy your time and dives, AND they are very safe about everything. You do really feel safe diving with them.
Those 2 small negative points about the pillow and the restaurant chairs are FAR FAR FAR outweighed by the outstanding quality of the hotel in every aspect. I highly recommend staying here, it is suitable for all ages. I am already looking at going back! Enjoy
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Trawangan Dive is situated on the most idyllic stretch of beach Gili Trawangan has to offer. An award winning scuba dive center we offer courses from beginner up to professional level including tecnical diving and coral reef restoration study. Offering a wide variety of room types including economy, standard, luxury and a two bedroom villa, we have something to suite all budget. All of our rooms have air conditioning, hot fresh water showers, TV, private balcony, mini bar and safety box. Our luxury rooms have private gardens and tea and coffee making facilities. Your buffet breakfast can be enjoyed in our beach front restaurant which also offers a variety of food and beverages throughout the day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia and Hotwire so you can book your Trawangan Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trawangan Dive Bungalows Hotel Gili Trawangan
- Trawangan Dive Resort Gili Islands/Gili Trawangan