Pondok Santi Estate(Gili Trawangan)
$204
$196
  • Breakfast included
The Trawangan Resort(Gili Trawangan)
$76
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $87/night.

Jambuluwuk Oceano Resort(Gili Trawangan)
$125
Wilson's Retreat(Gili Trawangan)
$122
$110
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $131/night.

Hotel Ombak Sunset(Gili Trawangan)
$273
$55
$50
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Vila Ombak(Gili Trawangan)
$111
Cancelon
  • Pool
All reviewsopen water courseadvanced open waterjapanese wreckinstructor nickexcellent divingshark pointgili tdiving coursediving schooldiving centercall to prayerswim up barair conrooms are cleannice bathroomevery morningbuffet breakfast
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I've just spent a week staying here and diving with trawangan Dive, Adam Baxter (very experiened in the industry) manages the facility but is also hands on diving instructing as well, the atmosphere around the shop is very good with a strong focus on education and all the staff are friendly and approachable.

The lay out is good with a dive pool/pool bar well positioned. The food was good the staff were excellent a special thanks to Herman and Adriana, both very professional and safe operators. (I should know I am a master instructor trainer), I was a full paying customer, I expected no favours and received none! Which is what I wanted or I could not write an honest review, I've dived all over the world and dive wise these guys are right there!

The mosque is close and there are early morning prays but you quickly get used to it and then you don't notice it much.

The rooms are clean and comfortable and conveniently located

The dives are well organised (I particularly enjoyed a nitrox dive to 45m on a Japanese patrol boat), the only negative I found was the entry procedure from the dive boat, they need to change their entry procedure so divers role in and meet at the front of the boat not the back.

Room Tip: Rooms are all similar there are more rooms being built which will reduce noise even further but overall the rooms are quite quiet for a good nights sleep
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
TrawanganDive, General Manager at Trawangan Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Hi Steve

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a positive and honest review of your stay at Trawangan Dive. We’re glad that overall you had such positive things to say about your time spent here with us, and that you shared your positive experiences.
We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Note: we did not stay in the bungalows, we only went diving with the shop.

Great shop and had a great vibe. Our dive master Kat was fantastic and very professional. She addressed geat failures under water quickly and safely. We are so pleased enough with the shop and our dive master that we will be diving with them again tomorrow morning. Their commitment to reef conservation and education is to be commended.

Our one complaint is that the equiptment could and should be better maintained. Neither of our depth gages worked correctly on our first dive but we are hopeful for tomorrow. If our outlook changes one way or the other we will update our comments.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
TrawanganDive, General Manager at Trawangan Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Hi Guys
Thanks so much for taking the time to write a good honest review on Trip Advisor. I’m glad that you enjoyed your dive and will be joining us for a second day.
I appreciate your comments about the equipment. We do try to keep things serviced regularly, and while a leaky hose is obvious to spot by the staff, it’s not always easy to notice a depth gauge (unless you dive with that particular regulator). I definitely plan to rectify this issue and have placed an order for 50 new depth gauges so that every regulator in the shop will be fitted with a new one.
Thanks again.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

The location of this hotel is perfect! It's near the harbour and the right place to watch the sunrise! I stayed 4 days in luxury double room with a friend of mine. The room is quite nice. It's simple and clean. I think the picture i found in the internet was really honest. It looks just like in the ads. What annoyed me was the fact that every morning after they cleaned up our room, i smelled cigarette.
The toilet is nice. I like the design! Yes, the male staffs like to flirt. However if you know how to handle them, they are very helpful and kind! They gave us much info about Gili T.

The breakfast menu is so good! Tho it's not all you can eat menu, i can still choose food i want to eat. They serve good bread and bagel. Their cocktails are so so.

If you go to Gili T for diving. Trawangan Dive is the place! They are very professional. They taught us the very basic info so we feel comfortable when we dived in the ocean. They offer several courses. If you stay longer than 4 days, maybe you should take the course or else you'll regret it later just like me

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 19, 2013

best beach spot IMO for swimming & snorkeling, compared to other spots, it's the cleanest here, less crowded, lots of fish!
and it's just across the hotel restaurants!
for divers, this hotel offers a diving service, licensed with PADI

great location, not many night bars around, pretty quiet at night.
the rooms are very clean, we booked 5 rooms here, but one room didnt have a proper bathroom, not that cozy in the very end,
and the AC in one of the other room wasn't working for 2days.

the staffs are friendly & helpful, slow response, but still cooperative
sadly we experienced an uncomfortable situation with one of the male restaurant staff being rude in one morning, pretty annoying actually.

bike rentals are around the hotel, it's easy to get one & rushed the other side of the island for sunset,
there's a mini market next to the hotel, easy to grab something whenever u need one,
overall, i enjoy my stay here, might come back later someday :)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JunCiptadi
TrawanganDive, General Manager at Trawangan Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Hi Jun
Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review. I’m glad that you had a good stay with us, and we would love for you to come back in the future.
If you have any constructive feedback, I’d love to hear it. We’re always looking to improve our services, and it’s incredibly helpful for us to hear what you have to say. Please feel free to email me at info@trawangandive.com.
I’m sorry that you had a run in with one of our waiters. When you come back, please come and enjoy a couple of cocktails on us.
We look forward to seeing you in the future. Thanks again!!

Reviewed August 17, 2013

This is not a standard family package club type holiday, but if you're looking for something a bit more exciting then this is it.

We stayed in the newly built 2 bedroom "villa" above Trawangan dive shop, with three boisterous boys aged 5, 7 and 9. As soon as we were met at Lombok airport this became a dream holiday - the transfer was seamless (and the boys LOVED the speedboat trip), and arriving at night was magical.

The room was minimalistic but luxurious, and near enough to "town" to be convenient but far enough away to be quiet at night. The beach is great and right on the door step, and the dive staff and restaurant staff were fantastic with the kids - it became a home from home where everybody felt welcome - not a mean feat with our three boys.

Mum and dad took it in turns to dive - after 12 years out from diving I had thought my diving days were over, but having dived all around the world I was so impressed with the dive shop that I got back in the water! And as an over-protective and neurotic mum I confidently let my 9 year old do his scuba bubbles course and go out diving with the instructors.

The island itself wraps itself around you - no cars, bikes to rent and great food. Lots of nightlife on the island if you have teenagers - but also evening activities at the restaurant at Trawangan Dive.

Can't speak highly enough of the managers Sarah and Adam - the transfers, accommodation, diving and outfit ran like clockwork but felt friendly and relaxed. Definitely will be going back. Top tip - amongst the wonderful Indonesian cuisine this little island is blessed with the best pizza's outside Italy - ask Sarah for details

Room Tip: we had three boys - the villa room is a double and two singles but you can easily sleep three in the double bed if you're kids are able to share.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank alistalb

Thanks so much for the wonderful review! Very much looking forward to seeing all of you here again in the near future.