Alam Gili(Gili Trawangan)
Kelapa Villas(Gili Trawangan)
$137
$114
  • Breakfast included
The Trawangan Resort(Gili Trawangan)
$110
$98
Wilson's Retreat(Gili Trawangan)
$151
$131
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Vila Ombak(Gili Trawangan)
$164
$147
  • Pool
Jambuluwuk Oceano Resort(Gili Trawangan)
$45
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $53/night.

Hotel Ombak Sunset(Gili Trawangan)
$172
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Gili Nyepi(Gili Trawangan)(Great Value!)
$51
$42
  • Breakfast included
Gili Palms Resort(Gili Trawangan)(Great Value!)
$68
$65
Orbitz.com
$75
$55
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsopen water courseadvanced open waterjapanese wreckinstructor nickexcellent divingshark pointgili tdiving coursediving schooldiving centercall to prayerswim up barair conrooms are cleannice bathroomevery morningbuffet breakfast
Reviewed August 17, 2013

This is not a standard family package club type holiday, but if you're looking for something a bit more exciting then this is it.

We stayed in the newly built 2 bedroom "villa" above Trawangan dive shop, with three boisterous boys aged 5, 7 and 9. As soon as we were met at Lombok airport this became a dream holiday - the transfer was seamless (and the boys LOVED the speedboat trip), and arriving at night was magical.

The room was minimalistic but luxurious, and near enough to "town" to be convenient but far enough away to be quiet at night. The beach is great and right on the door step, and the dive staff and restaurant staff were fantastic with the kids - it became a home from home where everybody felt welcome - not a mean feat with our three boys.

Mum and dad took it in turns to dive - after 12 years out from diving I had thought my diving days were over, but having dived all around the world I was so impressed with the dive shop that I got back in the water! And as an over-protective and neurotic mum I confidently let my 9 year old do his scuba bubbles course and go out diving with the instructors.

The island itself wraps itself around you - no cars, bikes to rent and great food. Lots of nightlife on the island if you have teenagers - but also evening activities at the restaurant at Trawangan Dive.

Can't speak highly enough of the managers Sarah and Adam - the transfers, accommodation, diving and outfit ran like clockwork but felt friendly and relaxed. Definitely will be going back. Top tip - amongst the wonderful Indonesian cuisine this little island is blessed with the best pizza's outside Italy - ask Sarah for details

Room Tip: we had three boys - the villa room is a double and two singles but you can easily sleep three in the double bed if you're kids are able to share.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank alistalb
TrawanganDive, General Manager at Trawangan Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Thanks so much for the wonderful review! Very much looking forward to seeing all of you here again in the near future.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

In july 2013 I stayed ten days in one of Trawangan Dive's eleven simple "backpacker rooms". IDR 60.000/night excluding breakfast. A small tidy room, tiled floor easy to keep clean (in the cheap backpacker room you clean your own room), with a bed and cupboard and electric fan. No AC. As the BP rooms are close to the compressor room they are noisy during the day - but daytime you are probably out diving so who cares? - quiet nights, the other guests were mostly young people busy doing their Divemaster training. The rooms could be hot during the nights - if you open the window you're fine. I purchased a mosquito net from the supermarket (IDR 200.000) to be sure of a peaceful sleep - the summer of 2013 was a wet one with more mossies than a normal year. Trawangan Dive is close to the mosque and during Ramadan the call for prayer can disturb guests with light sleep, no problem for me as I have lived in the Middle East for years.
Trawanagan Dive's well run dive center is very professional and friendly, even if you arrive alone (as I did) you feel at home very quick. The staff look after you very good to make sure you have a good time. Lots of dive courses to choose from, Trawangan Dive is one of Indonesia's four "Career Development Centres".
Good diving equipment in top shape. Nice looking clean boats. Flexibility in choosing dive sites.
A great experience, highly recommended, I'll will come back.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
TrawanganDive, General Manager at Trawangan Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Hi Bo. Great to hear from you, and thanks so much for taking the time to write a review for us. We’re so glad that you had a good time, and we’ll look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I can only comment on the diving (I lodged elsewhere), but Trawangan Dive runs a tight ship. I never questioned their safety policies. Knowledgeable and down-to-earth dive masters (Sian was awesome). Large selection of gear. The boat was crowded, with ~25 divers, but diving groups were ~4 clients max. Only downside was on one dive where one of their trainees ran out of air first, because she was working to restore corals, so the rest of us had to surface after ~35 min. Restoration work should be done on dedicated dives, not on dives with clients. That said, the staff is down-to-earth and accommodating, so speaking up about things that don't work are well received. Overall great experience and I would definitely dive with them again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
TrawanganDive, General Manager at Trawangan Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Hi K C
Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review for us. We really appreciate your comments..
I have taken your feedback on board regarding the conservation work, and will ask the Divemaster trainees to not combine conservation work with fun dives.
Glad you had a good time overall, and if you’re ever back in the area, hopefully you will be able to see the results of the conservation work, and we’ll happily shout you a fun dive to make up for your shorter dive time.
Thanks again – your feedback helps us to maintain a high quality service.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

The staff was efficient friendly and professional. There was flexibility in choosing the dive site which is always nice.. The equipment was very nice. The boat was one of the best boats in SE Asia that I've been on for tours. Overall great experience. The diving was a little expensive in my opinion for SE Asia..

• Stayed: August 2013

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review for Trawangan Dive. We’re so happy that you had a good time diving with us. We’re very proud of our good quality equipment and especially our dive boats. I’m sorry to hear that you think things were a little pricey. There is a price agreement on the island, which means that all shops have agreed to charge exactly the same amount to customers. These prices have to reflect the prices for the larger companies, but also the smaller businesses. Hopefully we’ll be able to see you back here soon. Thanks again!

Reviewed August 9, 2013

I was planning a trip of 3 days to Gili Trawangan and end up staying there for 10... I didn't stay in the bungalow resorts but met the instructors during a night out. They convinced me to take my open water course at there school and didn't regret it for a second. I met some people in my hostel which was a SSI diving school and they did their course at the hostel. I saw them studying in books every night and it didn't look like fun, where as I didn't touch a book but just watched some DVD's in a very nice lounge condo and discussed some of the parts I didn't get with my instructor who was really helpful and nice. After I completed the open water course I did an extra dive with my friends from my hostel at this dive center and they where all very impressed with the nice facility's, professional gear and nice people. So to everyone... I would highly recommend this dive center because it's definitely an address to which I will return!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
TrawanganDive, General Manager at Trawangan Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Hey Theo

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review and share your positive experiences with Trawangan Dive.

We’re so glad that you had a good time, and hope to see you again for more diving fun in the future!!!