Pondok Santi Estate(Gili Trawangan)
$204
$189
  • Breakfast included
Jambuluwuk Oceano Resort(Gili Trawangan)
$125
$39
Agoda.com
Kelapa Villas(Gili Trawangan)
$139
$114
  • Breakfast included
The Trawangan Resort(Gili Trawangan)
$84
$75
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Ombak Sunset(Gili Trawangan)
$326
$123
$110
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Vila Ombak(Gili Trawangan)
$284
Hotwire.com
  • Pool
All reviewsopen water courseadvanced open waterjapanese wreckinstructor nickexcellent divingshark pointgili tdiving coursediving schooldiving centercall to prayerswim up barair conrooms are cleannice bathroomevery morningbuffet breakfast
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I can only comment on the diving (I lodged elsewhere), but Trawangan Dive runs a tight ship. I never questioned their safety policies. Knowledgeable and down-to-earth dive masters (Sian was awesome). Large selection of gear. The boat was crowded, with ~25 divers, but diving groups were ~4 clients max. Only downside was on one dive where one of their trainees ran out of air first, because she was working to restore corals, so the rest of us had to surface after ~35 min. Restoration work should be done on dedicated dives, not on dives with clients. That said, the staff is down-to-earth and accommodating, so speaking up about things that don't work are well received. Overall great experience and I would definitely dive with them again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
TrawanganDive, General Manager at Trawangan Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Hi K C
Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review for us. We really appreciate your comments..
I have taken your feedback on board regarding the conservation work, and will ask the Divemaster trainees to not combine conservation work with fun dives.
Glad you had a good time overall, and if you’re ever back in the area, hopefully you will be able to see the results of the conservation work, and we’ll happily shout you a fun dive to make up for your shorter dive time.
Thanks again – your feedback helps us to maintain a high quality service.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

The staff was efficient friendly and professional. There was flexibility in choosing the dive site which is always nice.. The equipment was very nice. The boat was one of the best boats in SE Asia that I've been on for tours. Overall great experience. The diving was a little expensive in my opinion for SE Asia..

• Stayed: August 2013
TrawanganDive, General Manager at Trawangan Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review for Trawangan Dive. We’re so happy that you had a good time diving with us. We’re very proud of our good quality equipment and especially our dive boats. I’m sorry to hear that you think things were a little pricey. There is a price agreement on the island, which means that all shops have agreed to charge exactly the same amount to customers. These prices have to reflect the prices for the larger companies, but also the smaller businesses. Hopefully we’ll be able to see you back here soon. Thanks again!

Reviewed August 9, 2013

I was planning a trip of 3 days to Gili Trawangan and end up staying there for 10... I didn't stay in the bungalow resorts but met the instructors during a night out. They convinced me to take my open water course at there school and didn't regret it for a second. I met some people in my hostel which was a SSI diving school and they did their course at the hostel. I saw them studying in books every night and it didn't look like fun, where as I didn't touch a book but just watched some DVD's in a very nice lounge condo and discussed some of the parts I didn't get with my instructor who was really helpful and nice. After I completed the open water course I did an extra dive with my friends from my hostel at this dive center and they where all very impressed with the nice facility's, professional gear and nice people. So to everyone... I would highly recommend this dive center because it's definitely an address to which I will return!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
TrawanganDive, General Manager at Trawangan Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Hey Theo

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review and share your positive experiences with Trawangan Dive.

We’re so glad that you had a good time, and hope to see you again for more diving fun in the future!!!

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We had a very bad experience at this dive school.

We got up in time to have breakfast before our first dive. We've booked a room in the diving resort because we didn't want to rush in the morning. Breakfast starts at 8 in the morning, you have to be at the diving school at 8.30. We've ordered our breakfast, and got it at 8.25. So, you have like 5 minutes to literally trow it down your throat. No holiday feeling at all.

Once at the diving school, nothing is organised. Way to crowded, everybody was rushing around without knowing what they do. They didn't ask us for sizes on our gear, although we've tried to tell our DM, and ended up on the boat with gear that was way to big and even not good quality. Once arrived on the diving site, we had to rush into the water, didn't had proper time to do our safety check. Didn't give us a comfortable feeling. Once in the water, our dive master immediately went down without checking on us. My wife didn't have enough weights and couldn't go under. The dive master didn't even notice, was already quit deep, so I gave some weights from myself. Once we were down, the dive master again didn't check up on us. When we finally got his attention, and we signalled that we were low on air, he still didn't go up. When we finally went to the surface to do our safety stop, our DM refused after 3 minutes to go to the surface. So we decided to go up ourselves as we only had 20 bars left. We were already on the boat, when our dive master was still doing his safety stop.

Maybe we were unlucky to have a bad DM, but safety is the number one priority in diving. We've never had an experience like this in diving!

We've decided to check out that day and didn't dive with them again.

One positive thing to mention, A couple off days later I found out that I forgot my suunto watch in the room. They did keep it, and I've got it back.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PrutserAndDutserin

Hi Purtser and Dutserin

What a shame that you had such a bad dive with us. We always strive to give the best service so that everyone can go away having had a positive experience.

All of our dive equipment is aqualung and in good working condition. It is all serviced on a regular basis so we know that our guests are being provided with the best gear possible.
Safety has always been our number one priority, which is why we always make sure that our divers are given plenty of time to run through pre dive checks. I’m very sorry that you felt that you were not given enough time, and that you felt rushed. Reading through previous comments, you will generally see that people were put at ease and we have been credited many times on our attitude to safety.

Deep Turbo is one of the most popular dive sites in the area, but that particular dive site can be exposed to some extreme currents (the clue is in the name), so it is of paramount importance that a quick descent is made so that you are not carried away from the dive site.
I would like to point out that the rest of the divers in your group had a fantastic dive, and really enjoyed themselves. I’m so sorry that you had a negative experience with us, and we have discussed the issue with your Divemaster, and how that this kind of thing can be avoided again the future.

We’re very happy to have been able to return your watch to you.

If you’re ever back in the area, we would love for you to come back and rectify your experience.

Many thanks for your comments.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Holly really excels at providing all the support and expertise required to make your dive trip a wonderful experience. She and her staff go the extra mile to assist. The PADI IDC (Dive Instructor) training is very thorough, and Holly makes sure that you are well prepared for the IE's. Well done Gili Trawangan!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hi Dave

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review. We’re very proud of our Instructor Development Programme and are happy that it met all expectations.

Many thanks again for the review.