In july 2013 I stayed ten days in one of Trawangan Dive's eleven simple "backpacker rooms". IDR 60.000/night excluding breakfast. A small tidy room, tiled floor easy to keep clean (in the cheap backpacker room you clean your own room), with a bed and cupboard and electric fan. No AC. As the BP rooms are close to the compressor room they are noisy during the day - but daytime you are probably out diving so who cares? - quiet nights, the other guests were mostly young people busy doing their Divemaster training. The rooms could be hot during the nights - if you open the window you're fine. I purchased a mosquito net from the supermarket (IDR 200.000) to be sure of a peaceful sleep - the summer of 2013 was a wet one with more mossies than a normal year. Trawangan Dive is close to the mosque and during Ramadan the call for prayer can disturb guests with light sleep, no problem for me as I have lived in the Middle East for years.
Trawanagan Dive's well run dive center is very professional and friendly, even if you arrive alone (as I did) you feel at home very quick. The staff look after you very good to make sure you have a good time. Lots of dive courses to choose from, Trawangan Dive is one of Indonesia's four "Career Development Centres".
Good diving equipment in top shape. Nice looking clean boats. Flexibility in choosing dive sites.
A great experience, highly recommended, I'll will come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Trawangan Dive is situated on the most idyllic stretch of beach Gili Trawangan has to offer. An award winning scuba dive center we offer courses from beginner up to professional level including tecnical diving and coral reef restoration study. Offering a wide variety of room types including economy, standard, luxury and a two bedroom villa, we have something to suite all budget. All of our rooms have air conditioning, hot fresh water showers, TV, private balcony, mini bar and safety box. Our luxury rooms have private gardens and tea and coffee making facilities. Your buffet breakfast can be enjoyed in our beach front restaurant which also offers a variety of food and beverages throughout the day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Trawangan Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trawangan Dive Bungalows Hotel Gili Trawangan
- Trawangan Dive Resort Gili Islands/Gili Trawangan