All reviewsopen water courseadvanced open waterjapanese wreckinstructor nickexcellent divingshark pointgili tdiving coursediving schooldiving centercall to prayerswim up barair conrooms are cleannice bathroomevery morningbuffet breakfast
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Holly really excels at providing all the support and expertise required to make your dive trip a wonderful experience. She and her staff go the extra mile to assist. The PADI IDC (Dive Instructor) training is very thorough, and Holly makes sure that you are well prepared for the IE's. Well done Gili Trawangan!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
TrawanganDive, General Manager at Trawangan Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Hi Dave

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review. We’re very proud of our Instructor Development Programme and are happy that it met all expectations.

Many thanks again for the review.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I have been abroad for the last 3 months and decided to do my open water dive at Trawangan Dive School as it was recommended to me by another traveller. I was a tad nervous as I was going to do this on my own, when I turned up everyone was so friendly and helpful. The place is clean and I felt at home straight away. Adam was my instructor for the 3 days, I was so impressed as he seemed to be the scuba diver GURU - he  was very professional but a great laugh too. I felt very safe and enjoyed every moment of the course. That's the thing I want to highlight - the safety aspect - as it was at such a high standard.

The dives were great, I saw so many turtles, sea snake, shark etc and the reef/coral is the brightest I've ever seen.

If you are wanting to dive then look no further, go to Trawangan Dive school.

The staff and other divers are all so lovely and trustworthy.

I already miss it and I only just left an hour ago!

Thanks to everyone there x

• Stayed: July 2013
TrawanganDive, General Manager at Trawangan Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Hi Hayley – thanks so much for taking the time to write a review. We’re so glad that you had a great time diving with Adam, (who has been telling everyone that he is a ‘Dive Guru’!) We’ll look forward to hopefully seeing you again sometime in the future.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

We stayed 6 nights in Gili T and wanted to do some diving. Our kids (12 & 10) did the introductory dive course and managed 3 amazing dives on Gili T. we saw 4 sharks, hundreds of turtles, clown fish, cuttle fish, octopus and much more. Big thanks to Adam and Karina and the rest of the team for making me feel comfortable with my kids being under water diving in such capable hands. The team were amazingly helpful and we couldn't recommend this dive shop enough. Thank you

Stayed: July 2013

Hi Justine

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review. We’re so glad that your whole family had such a positive experience diving with us, and the pleasure was all ours.

Many thanks again for sharing your positive experience.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Have just returned from spending eight days on a return visit to Gili Trawangan. Having dived with Trawangan dive two years ago and completing some additional Padi courses it was great to see the standards are of the same high quality. I was treated to good quality equipment, very knowlegable staff and an overall willingness to accommodate my specific needs being AOW/ Nitrox certified. I decided to add my Deep Diver certification to my qualifications and found Adam my instructor to be thorough and very professional in his approach to what can be a challenging course due to currents encountered. Plus seeing my first whale shark made the whole experience memorable. I would not hesitate recommending Trawangan dive for all divers from first timers all the way through to people wanting technical courses/dives. Plus the muesli with banana with pineapple was a great way to start the day.Thanks again to Sarah and Adam, Herwin and the dive crew.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Steve

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review. We always love seeing a familiar face, and glad we met all of your expectations for a second time round.

Hopefully we’ll see you again in the future, and you can do more dives that make the entire team jealous!!!

Until next time…

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I had a good time there. The room was nice, clean and very confortable. In the front there's a a commom place where people get together. The pool has a bar and it is almost in the sidewalk so, very good to chill and watch people in the street.
I did the discovering scuba dive which was awesome. Unfortunately, i didn't have enought time to go for the certification.
Crew ans instructors are all nice.

Room Tip: I don't think there's a big difference between the rooms, they're all in the same place.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo