All reviewsopen water courseadvanced open waterjapanese wreckinstructor nickexcellent divingshark pointgili tdiving coursediving schooldiving centercall to prayerswim up barair conrooms are cleannice bathroomevery morningbuffet breakfast
Reviewed May 29, 2012

This was one of the best holidays I have ever had!!! The staffs were incredibly helpful. Even before we had arrived they had helped us to organize our very affordable accommodation, transfers from Bali as well as all the diving we wanted to do.
The rooms are stunning and have everything you could possibly need or want. The place itself is beautiful, with a tropical and relaxing feel, lots of little hidden areas to chill out in the shade or lie in the sun on the sun beds on the stunning beach directly in front of the hotel. The swim up bar was great for an afternoon Bingtang or margarita and the food at the restaurant there was amazing. Hands down the best and most affordable breakfast on the island.
All the dive instructors were incredibly professional and made me feel very comfortable even on my night dive and deep dive. The staff was very helpful and informative giving advice and what to see, do and eat on the island. There we also Dive Master Trainees there as well that were amazingly friendly and made our time there really fun.
I would highly recommend this place to anyone visiting Gili Trawangan (in fact I already have) and I will definitely be visiting again and staying there again sometime soon.

Room Tip: All the room are great!!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
TrawanganDive, General Manager at Trawangan Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

Hi Emilie2800. Many thanks for taking the time to write such a nice review about Trawangan Dive and the team. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience, and I’m delighted to hear that it was so positive. We can’t wait for you to come back and stay with us. Thanks again.

Reviewed May 5, 2012

Really nice place. Absolutely recommended.
We stayed 4 days in April after moving from Trawangan Resort. We found it to be a bit nicer, a bit cheaper and way more convenient, especially if you are diving.. We ended up doing all the dives here as well. The staff was friendly and helpful, definitely going back...

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 30, 2012

I booked this trip very late over the Christmas/NY period when there was very limited accommodation on the island. The manager Sarah was ridiculously helpful trying to accommodate my friend and I for our stay on the island, even booking all of our travel to/from. The bungalows are a rare touch of luxury on the island and have HOT, FRESH water - which isn't very common on Gili T!! For the budget travelers, they have some simple but CHEAP dorms around the back (about 3 pounds/5 dollars a night). It is located directly in front of the nicest part of the beach and a pleasant distance away from most of the nightlife.

Then there's the dive shop itself, which was run with fantastic organisation, thorough and knowledgeable staff and 2 decent boats. I did a couple of PADI courses there and I was most impressed with the standard of teaching and their professionalism.

In summary - I would highly recommend Trawangan Dive to anyone visiting the island for any reason - Diving/Accommodation/Food or even just a cocktail at the swim up bar!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank tom f
Reviewed February 24, 2012

I visited this place with my sister - very nice bungalows, alternatively small cheap rooms, own pool for dive training and right on the beach for real open water diving Trawangan DIve also has small cosy semi-outdoor places to crash and watch a movie or the next video lesson for a course. The mexican chef in the restaurant prepares both burritos, nachos and classics as a club sandwich. Definitely worth a stay!

Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 29, 2012

I didn't stay at Trawangan Dive (we stayed at Ozzy's bungalows right next door) but did a rec dive there and it was a great choice. All the dive centres on Gili T charge the same (370,000 for a dive and then a compulsary 50,000 eco tax per diver for your first dive), so it's definitely worth picking a decent dive shop.
We were attracted to this place because of the lovely setting - fab pool with a swim-up bar, lovely gardens with lots of tables and chairs. The managers and staff were all friendly and super chilled out. Our instructor James took my friend and I out, told us about the place we were going, what to expect in terms of the current (very strong at the time) and we had a really fun dive. The equipment was all in good condition, set up for us by the staff and the boat crew helped us on and off the boat on the beach and at the dive site.
The credit card machine was broken when we went to pay after our dive so they told us to come back another time - we completely forgot until we were leaving the island 3 days later - they are very trusting! But obviously we did go back and pay...who wants karma coming after them?!
All in all a great diving experience - although I obviously can't comment on the accomodation.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends