Alam Gili(Gili Trawangan)
Kelapa Villas(Gili Trawangan)
$141
$114
  • Breakfast included
The Trawangan Resort(Gili Trawangan)
$110
$95
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Vila Ombak(Gili Trawangan)
$175
$157
  • Pool
Wilson's Retreat(Gili Trawangan)
$151
$131
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $164/night.

Jambuluwuk Oceano Resort(Gili Trawangan)
$46
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $53/night.

Hotel Ombak Sunset(Gili Trawangan)
$172
  • Breakfast included
The Beach House Resort(Gili Trawangan)(Great Value!)
$96
$75
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Gili Palms Resort(Gili Trawangan)(Great Value!)
$68
$65
$60
$54
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsopen water courseadvanced open waterjapanese wreckinstructor nickexcellent divingshark pointgili tdiving coursediving schooldiving centercall to prayerswim up barair conrooms are cleannice bathroomevery morningbuffet breakfast
Reviewed May 11, 2011

I came to Trawangan Dive after searching up and down the strip of dive shops looking to take my Dive Master training. Amy, the shop and bungalow manager was the first to help me. She was very friendly and informative but at the same time had a easy going attitude which i found refreshing. I was only inquiring yet she took the time to introduce me to the Dive Instructors and Dive Masters which I found to be going the extra mile to already make me feel apart of the team. That was the deciding factor for me and 10 mins later I came back and said "sign me up!"
I loved taking my course there! I had sooo much fun! The instructors where all so wonderful, I really felt apart of a little family for the two mths I stayed there. Lots of laughs but when it came down to it the instructors where amazing teachers that I feel made me a strong Dive Master. Before going to TDC i was a novice, now i feel more comfortable and confident in the water and while guiding. I plan on going back to TDC in the near future to obtain my IDC and give new divers the same welcoming feel they all gave me. I personally feel the the Trawangan Dive Center & Bungalow Suites are the best on the island. They came highly recommeded to me as I am highly recommending them to you. Enjoy!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2011

In my opinion The Trawangan Dive Center is probably the most sympathetic Dive Center all over the three Gili islands. I am supporting my statement because first TDC provides an excellent customer service. Second the atmosphere is familiar and you feel very welcome. Third the diving facilities, the infrastructure and accommodation are in an excellent condition.

First of all the excellent customer service is the result of well trained and experienced Dive Instructors and Divemasters. They do a great job by teaching all kind of PADI courses with lots of patience, pleasure and joy. Also the local staffs are very friendly and helpful. For instance I came the first time to the island in 2007. I did just a couple of fun dives with TDC but because I had so much fun and such a good time I came back in 2008, 2009, 2010 and already in 2011 (and that was not the last time this year). I did my Rescue Course following by a six months Divemaster Traineeship.

In addition I had the time of my life diving with TDC not only because there was so much to see and learn underwater, also because I feel like part of the family. Every time I get there it’s like coming home. For example I love the time after an exhausting day diving when we all sitting together, talking, playing on the guitar, singing and drinking a beer or having a barbecue by grilling fish at the beach.

Besides to my mind TDC offers proper diving facilities in any sizes as e.g. BCD’s, wetsuits, fins, masks, etc… and I think that is very handy cause I don’t have to bring my equipment all way long from Switzerland. There is also the possibility to rent an underwater camera. The other Big-Ultra-Plus is the Mexican Restaurant where you eat authentic Mexican food. Also the breakfast menu is excellent (they have Müsli with yoghurt and milk AND tropic fruits!!!) I love the Barukas - that’s the Indonesian style of garden furniture where you can relax and hang out – which are located in the green and flowered garden of TDC (good for studying student books) as well as the bar stools in the pool. The accommodations are very new, clean and high quality – u even get hot water, air con and DVD composition. For budget travellers they have very cosy and cheap rooms (10$)!

Taking all points above in consideration, I recommend Trawangan Dive Center as one of the most sympathetic Dive Center on the Gili’s. My specific recommendation is a night dive with TDC because after that you will drink hot chocolate on the boat under moon stars. I also suggest the rescue course because its so much fun and you will learn a lesson for your lifetime!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 9, 2011

I did my Divemaster at Trawangan dive and it was the peak of excellence. Its right on the beach, so you can't do any better for location.

The food at Trawangan Dive is very good. Especially the breakfast, the ala carte menu allows for many creative combinations, and the salads are refreshingly delicious to those vegggie-lovers who are sick of mie goreng. Great beachfront outdoor dining area. The lunches and dinners are always wonderful, the affable and delightful chef Rodrigo Rodriguez DJ's a party at Blue Marlin on mondays, which is not a party to be lightly missed (especially if its themed, and the TDC divemasters and divemasters in training are going in costume).

Also sunday night roasts and trivia are not to be missed. Banana juice is HIGHLY recommended.

The diving is incomparable. The surrounding sites are rates some of the best in southeast asia. The instructors at Trawangan Dive are all experienced, patient, and knowledgeable about local marine life, diving practices, gear, and the dive sites. All are friendly, funny, expert divers with experience in everything from penetration and cave diving to TEC. The divermasters are very capable (and frequently hilariosu), and great at providing a safe and fun experience for everyone.

Great people, great diving. Also if you are considering doing your rescue, Trawangan Dive is a particularly good and fun place to do it. If you are looking to do your Divemaster, this is the only place on the Island as far as I'm concerned. The people are what make it. They're just the best.

The deluxe rooms are VERY nice, with the good showers and everything. The backpackers rooms....are backpacker rooms. Fantastic for a budget, unbeatable in fact!

The ambiance of the place is one of low-key amiability, where everyone is comfortable and having a great time. The instructors and divemasters all get along very well with each other, they work (and play) well together. Everyone has great attitudes and a solid sense of humor.

Because the restaurant and dive shop are in the same area, diners may often be amused at diver's antics, especially if theres a rescue course going on. Sometimes its very quiet, other times there can be a hustle in and out of the water. The rooms are low-key and quiet.

The best thing about trawangan dive is that its FUN.

Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank orarian42
Reviewed May 2, 2011

My partner and I, both divers, stayed few days in Gili Trawangan at the Trawangan dive bungalows.
We were extremely disappointed for the following reasons, already flagged in another review:
- we had Room 1 that extremely noisy (muslim prier twice a day + close to the kitchen and bathrooms)
- the staff is ultra busy, unfriendly and hopeless in case of problem
- the food from the cafe is very average ans the included brekky is a joke
- general atmosphere amongst divers is bad- first time ever I didn t feel comfy
- the dive school is WAY too crowed; too many people on the pool, on the boat, on dive sites
TO AVOID :(

Room Tip: Not room Number 1
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2011

First off, I can understand the reviews that said Trawangan Dive is a bit "cliquey," because this place definitely has repeat customers who know the staff well. That said, it was our first time and while I felt we needed to "break the ice" more with staff than is generally necessary at a hotel, it was well worth it. If you are here to dive, the divemasters could not be better: they know their stuff and will take you to great sites.

The rooms are comfortable and surprisingly clean for an island with this much sand. The air conditioner worked perfectly, and I would not be afraid to stay in midsummer. The bed was soft and the bathroom well-appointed with plenty of hot water. You can pay more and get a lot less on the island. That said, I wish the doors had slightly better locks, because it would not be difficult to break in. For a dive hotel where tenants bring lots of expensive equipment, this is an oversight. That said, I did not get the impression that Gili has a high crime rate.

Lack of internet access is a bit annoying, especially since there is obviously a wifi network there, for use by the divers. But they don't promise internet access, and there are several nearby cafes that will let you use their wireless while eating.

One word of caution: bring enough cash to pay your bill. I would have given a four star review, but on the day we checked out the telephone service to the island got cut, and Trawangan Dive had no way of taking a credit card payment without it. I ended up paying via Paypal.

Room Tip: Rooms towards the front seemed a bit nicer.
  • Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple