I did my Divemaster at Trawangan dive and it was the peak of excellence. Its right on the beach, so you can't do any better for location.
The food at Trawangan Dive is very good. Especially the breakfast, the ala carte menu allows for many creative combinations, and the salads are refreshingly delicious to those vegggie-lovers who are sick of mie goreng. Great beachfront outdoor dining area. The lunches and dinners are always wonderful, the affable and delightful chef Rodrigo Rodriguez DJ's a party at Blue Marlin on mondays, which is not a party to be lightly missed (especially if its themed, and the TDC divemasters and divemasters in training are going in costume).
Also sunday night roasts and trivia are not to be missed. Banana juice is HIGHLY recommended.
The diving is incomparable. The surrounding sites are rates some of the best in southeast asia. The instructors at Trawangan Dive are all experienced, patient, and knowledgeable about local marine life, diving practices, gear, and the dive sites. All are friendly, funny, expert divers with experience in everything from penetration and cave diving to TEC. The divermasters are very capable (and frequently hilariosu), and great at providing a safe and fun experience for everyone.
Great people, great diving. Also if you are considering doing your rescue, Trawangan Dive is a particularly good and fun place to do it. If you are looking to do your Divemaster, this is the only place on the Island as far as I'm concerned. The people are what make it. They're just the best.
The deluxe rooms are VERY nice, with the good showers and everything. The backpackers rooms....are backpacker rooms. Fantastic for a budget, unbeatable in fact!
The ambiance of the place is one of low-key amiability, where everyone is comfortable and having a great time. The instructors and divemasters all get along very well with each other, they work (and play) well together. Everyone has great attitudes and a solid sense of humor.
Because the restaurant and dive shop are in the same area, diners may often be amused at diver's antics, especially if theres a rescue course going on. Sometimes its very quiet, other times there can be a hustle in and out of the water. The rooms are low-key and quiet.
The best thing about trawangan dive is that its FUN.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Trawangan Dive is situated on the most idyllic stretch of beach Gili Trawangan has to offer. An award winning scuba dive center we offer courses from beginner up to professional level including tecnical diving and coral reef restoration study. Offering a wide variety of room types including economy, standard, luxury and a two bedroom villa, we have something to suite all budget. All of our rooms have air conditioning, hot fresh water showers, TV, private balcony, mini bar and safety box. Our luxury rooms have private gardens and tea and coffee making facilities. Your buffet breakfast can be enjoyed in our beach front restaurant which also offers a variety of food and beverages throughout the day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Trawangan Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trawangan Dive Bungalows Hotel Gili Trawangan
- Trawangan Dive Resort Gili Islands/Gili Trawangan