“Rubbish Reservation”
Review of Tanah Qita

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gili Trawangan
Tanah Qita
Bali, Indonesia
“Rubbish Reservation”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We booked 3 rooms for 5 nights starting on my birthday, for my wife and I and two friends. When we arrived off the boat at 12pm (approx 30 minutes behind schedule due to the boat leaving Bali late) we were told we were late and the rooms had been given to other guests!

Now there was no communication problem here as my wife did the booking by phone and she speaks fluent Indonesian - because she is Indonesian. She offered to pay a deposit but the hotel said it wasn't necessary. Not a great start to my birthday celebrations and as it was August it was peak season; mega busy and ramadan so everywhere was understaffed and we knew there would be no other rooms free on the island.

So after shattering everyone's peace and screaming at the manager for 30 minutes he managed to free up 2 rooms for us by chucking out the guests he had just taken in. The manager blamed the double booking on his boss in Lombok and said that was who we were communicating with when we made the booking. However after a little investigation we found out that the boss lived in Europe and the person who we had been dealing with was the guy who gave the rooms away. No doubt he was marking up the rate dramatically to walk-ins and pocketing the difference, hence why he didn't want to take our deposit.

Other than that the rooms were decent enough, although my friend had to sleep on a mattress on the floor because his room had been given away. I've been going to the Gili's regularly for 10 years and this is the worst experience I've had there by a long shot. I wouldn't recommend going during peak season or staying here unless the owners read this and get rid of the manager. The other staff were very pleasant insistently.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Herb447, Owner at Tanah Qita, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Dear Guests;
My name is Herbert Caceres and I reside in Berlin, Germany. I am an American living in Germany for 20 years.
Firstly, I want to apologize for the terrible experience in Tanah Qita Bungalows; and in passing I wish you a belated Happy Birthday> FOR REAL!
I have been doing some investigations of my own concerning the incident and you are the 2nd guest and the last to have such problems and negative experiences. I am personally also involved in the airline service industry and understand that our guest are KING and should be treated as such. Once again, I am deeply sorry for your experience and I wish to personally as owner of Tanah Qita Bungalow offer you one week FREE OF CHARGE as my Belated Birthday Gift for you and your wife. Please accept my personal apology and also from my staff who are ashamed of the behavior of my manager. I will be in Tanah Qita from the 13th of September thru the 30th of September 2013; you can also contact me directly at: herb.caceres@gmail.com
I would appreciate a detailed account on all that happened, because there will be a VERY SEVERE consequence for his behavior. And concerning pocking for his own benefit, it is a lot worse than I expected!!! There will be changes!!!! Once again my deepest apologies to you, your wife and guests. Maybe, if you come again we will show what we are really all about; your Happiness and Pleasure as our Guests.
All the Best, Herbert Caceres (Owner) - Tanah Qita Bungalows

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2013

It appears that this establishment is under new management and the system of reserving a room is a farce. We reserved 3 nights here this week and received email and telephone confirmation of our reservation directly from the manager zan. However upon arrival we were told by a random employee that the manager was away and that although we had reserved there was no room for us. As it is August most other places were already booked on Gili T. Speaking to other couples we met outside the place, there was no guarantee of a room even if a deposit had been paid. One couple were awaiting a refund three days later. The staff member then tried to press other expensive alternatives on is. We believe they deliberately overbook and that the set up is a scam. We returned later in the day and still no management available. Note on booking we were requested to pay a deposit using a suspect website but we refused. Avoid, avoid, avoid...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chris K
Herb447, Owner at Tanah Qita, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Dear Guests;
My name is Herbert Caceres, I reside in Berlin, Germany and I am the owner of Tanah Qita Bungalows in Gili Trawangan. Firstly I want to apologize for all the inconveniences you went thru, due to my managers failure to ensure a high quality of service and proper booking practices for our Guests. This is not our customary service practice, and once again I deeply sorry and apologize for your negative experience.
I wish to offer you as owner of Tanah Qita Bungalows one week FREE OF CHARGE for the negative experience you had to go thru. We do not have any official booking agency yet, but I am exploring Booking.com as our future booking service. I will be in Tanah Qita on the 13th of September thru the 30 th of September to check the business. Their will be a very serious consequence to Zan's actions, because there have been other instances, in addition to other questionable accounting practices. Once again I am very sorry for your experience, but rest assured it has been noted and change is on the way. I would appreciate a detailed report on what happened to you and send it to my personal e-mail: herb.caceres@gmail.com.
Have a Great remaining Summer Season!!!
All the Best,
Herbert Caceres (Owner)
Tanah Qita Bungalows

Travelers are raving about these Gili Trawangan hotels

Portsmouth
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stayed here for 9 nights. Grounds immaculate and the bungalows have loads of character - some minor repairs needed but adds to the character and for the price fantastic value for money. We were in bungalow number 1 which overlooks the beach - just lovely.

Location great as not too far from main restaurants etc.

Nothing was too much trouble. Breakfast simple and nice cooked only those staying in the bungalows as no restaurant attached.

Gili Trawangan is a lovely place to stay.

Would definitely recommend and would visit again.

Room Tip: Bungalow number 1 best for view and location
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights recently with my boyfriend. The bungalows are lovely, right opposite the beach, and on the main strip of activity. The owners were super friendly, happy to help, and the setting is beautiful with gorgeous flowers! Definately recommend!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Grover Beach, California
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for three nights and had a wonderful experience. Charming little bungalows set in a beautiful garden. The grounds were so well maintained not one stone was out of place. The bungalows themselves consisted of a large bed with towels and flowers arranged on the bedspread. Large bathroom with fresh hot and cold running water. Air conditioning and wifi were available. Large terrace to enjoy the landscape. The location was a few minutes walk to the harbor for a snorkeling adventure. Close to the nightlife,food market and had a private beach with lounge chairs. The breakfast was very simple but good. The only negative was the mosquitoes. I recommend this hotel and would stay again. I very much enjoyed the atmosphere on this island. The locals were fun and very silly. Silly gili !!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank lori l
Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

I can fully recommend the Tanah Quita for a trip to Gili. As shown by the pictures the hotel consists of several bungalows which have ac, hot/cold (fresh) water shower, beds with mosquito net and free WiFi access (at least at our bungalow 3).

However, some improvements would be nice: more sun loungers at the beach and our bungalow desperately requires some repairs ("bathroom" door was broken, missing hooks for towels, almost half inch gap accross our entrance door).

• Stayed September 2012
4 Thank Ciboxx80
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed January 27, 2012

250 000 Rp. for a bungalow with double bed, bathroom (cold and FRESH water), fan and breakfast.
Very nice place to stay. Bungalows are clean, staff and owner (Martin) were very nice and helpfull. Great breakfast, nice garden and a cute little cat! The place has a private beach and fresh water is provided from Lombok.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank AllonsNousPerdre
Herb447, Owner at Tanah Qita, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for your positive review, but I just want to clarify that the owner is Mr.Herbert Caceres presently living in Berlin, Germany, and ( Martin) was my manager for 1 1/2 years.
The present manager is (Zan). You can contact him at 006237006139159 or e-mail at : tanahqita@ yahoo.de for information and or reservations. Thank You for your patronage!
Herbert Caceres (Herb)