“Saya Suka Lumbung Cottages.”
Review of Lumbung Cottage 1

Lumbung Cottage 1
Molde, More og Romsdal, Norway
“Saya Suka Lumbung Cottages.”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I have stayed here at several times at my trips to Gili Trawangan. The cottages are really charming, private and feels like you have your own little home. They have a terrace in the front where the staff come and serve you breakfast in the morning. The breakfast is SO good. The banana-pancake and the toast and omelette is delicious. And offcourse the Indonesian coffee which I had to buy and bring back home to Norway after. The room are big, and in the back you have the bathroom, once I had a open bathroom, really cool (but maybe not so practical at rainseason). I wish there was better light in the room, and also a little bit cleaner. And when the air con was on, the blanket was way to thin and cold. But they did had thicker blanket when I mentioned it. Problem solved. :)

They also have a "public area" with swimmingpool, 4 gazeboos where it is really easy to meet and talk to people if you are travelling alone. The staff is really nice, funny and helpful.

Lumbung is in behind of the main street and you need a couple of minutes of walking or biking.
But because of the partys in the night I prefer to stay a little bit behind in the village. So I can get my precious sleep. In that way Lumbung has a good position. But it is a little bit loud from the mosque.

All in all. A really nice place.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Gunn_Girl

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

It's my first vacation @ Gili Trawangan & I searched myself this cottage on internet. The host, Mr. Hairul really nice. He picked us @ the harbour & put our bags on his bike. There are 2 different location. Lumbung 1 & Lumbung 2. I took Lumbung 2 coz Lumbung 1 was full & do the bargain before by phone. I paid Rp. 400k a night (around $40) added w/ TV n DVD player which was not needed. It's big & it has 2 single bed w/ AC. The bathroom was ok but its door was transparent. The pool not good & Lumbung 2 a bit noisy at noon coz during my staying, there's a construction. He offered us to rent a bike to explore the island. The beach is awesome & the cafe alongside the beach really cool. Try Taliwang Chicken & Sasak Sauce. I'll come back next year.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 2, 2013

actually the room really nice big spacious, with Air conditioner, and loads of electricity plug for charger, and big shower room which become one with the loo as welland the location also nice, it's not at the front beach directly, but its not far to the centre of crowd and beach, it's only 7 minutes away I reckon, best thing rent a bike to go everywhere while you at Gili, I got at the end of the corner room, the wi fi connection is bad, but if you got the room which not really far from the reception desk, I bet the connection will be fine, One thing I dissapointed was the service, once my friend ask one of the staff to keep one of our drink in their fridge, but they ignore it, untill its not proper to drink again, other thing when one of my friend ask for the staff to change the bike we rent, they also ignore it, they only answer" who the person rent it for you, find him for yourself", that two thing is bad, because we reckon the staff should know the contact person of this guy who bring us to stay at their cottage , but the rest they were okay, breakfast is average but quite nice, there is a swimming pool as well

Room Tip: I'm ok to stay there again, with one condition, you better keep the number of the persosn who br...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Lausanne, Switzerland
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We haven't made any reservation and a really nice local man brought us there. This cottage has anything you need to: WIFI, télévision, couch, bed, hot shower, aircon, etc.

It is indeed a little bit rudimentary, but it does the job.

The omelette breakfast was every day very yummy!!!

Room Tip: The closer you are from the pool, the better chance you will have to catch the WiFi.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We didn't pre-book when we arrived on the Gilis but we didn't need to as a man was there when we got off the boat to take us to the cottages. We were very happy with the place, although fairly basic, it had everything we needed for 3 nights stay, including A/C, which is always a bonus. There is a toilet and shower, which is cold salt water, but we didn't mind as it was quite refreshing. It wasn't right on the beach but only about a 5 min walk from the harbour. I would have liked one extra pillow as they were quite thin. The place was perfect for what we were looking for, a cheap place to sleep.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Florianópolis, Santa Catarina, Brazil
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We choose the Lumbung Cottage 2, which is a bit far from the main street (but is nice to rent a bike for 40.000 per day). It is a nice place, very quiet and with a big swimming pool. They don't have internet in Lunbung 2 but you can use the wi-fi in Lungung 1 (far from two blocks). The bungalow is really nice, with ar-cond and two big single beds - big enough for a couple. They offer towels. The breakfast is included, and we have banana pancake, omelet, coffe and juice or black tea. We payed 250.000 rupias per night.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
George Town, Malaysia
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I've made many trips to Gili T and it was my first time staying here. It was just an okay value for what you get. The room was pretty big, including a small sofa. The AC took a long time to cool down the room. I think it was too small for the size of the room. The bathroom was half open, so lots of mosquitoes could make their way in. However, the room and bathroom were pretty clean. The pool was a bit dirty. The atmosphere was the best part. It is quiet. It's also close to all the action. I was quoted one price and was charged less when I checked out, so that was great.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple