“Good if you just need a place where to sleep”
Review of Lumbung Cottage 1

Lumbung Cottage 1
Lausanne, Switzerland
“Good if you just need a place where to sleep”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We haven't made any reservation and a really nice local man brought us there. This cottage has anything you need to: WIFI, télévision, couch, bed, hot shower, aircon, etc.

It is indeed a little bit rudimentary, but it does the job.

The omelette breakfast was every day very yummy!!!

Room Tip: The closer you are from the pool, the better chance you will have to catch the WiFi.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Indonesian first
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We didn't pre-book when we arrived on the Gilis but we didn't need to as a man was there when we got off the boat to take us to the cottages. We were very happy with the place, although fairly basic, it had everything we needed for 3 nights stay, including A/C, which is always a bonus. There is a toilet and shower, which is cold salt water, but we didn't mind as it was quite refreshing. It wasn't right on the beach but only about a 5 min walk from the harbour. I would have liked one extra pillow as they were quite thin. The place was perfect for what we were looking for, a cheap place to sleep.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Florianópolis, Santa Catarina, Brazil
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We choose the Lumbung Cottage 2, which is a bit far from the main street (but is nice to rent a bike for 40.000 per day). It is a nice place, very quiet and with a big swimming pool. They don't have internet in Lunbung 2 but you can use the wi-fi in Lungung 1 (far from two blocks). The bungalow is really nice, with ar-cond and two big single beds - big enough for a couple. They offer towels. The breakfast is included, and we have banana pancake, omelet, coffe and juice or black tea. We payed 250.000 rupias per night.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
George Town, Malaysia
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I've made many trips to Gili T and it was my first time staying here. It was just an okay value for what you get. The room was pretty big, including a small sofa. The AC took a long time to cool down the room. I think it was too small for the size of the room. The bathroom was half open, so lots of mosquitoes could make their way in. However, the room and bathroom were pretty clean. The pool was a bit dirty. The atmosphere was the best part. It is quiet. It's also close to all the action. I was quoted one price and was charged less when I checked out, so that was great.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Sowerby Bridge, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice - once in 2010 when I lived in Indonesia, and again in 2012 when I came back for a holiday. On the whole this is a nice hotel in a quiet area. There is a handy little swimming pool and it is a good place to meet other travellers. It is a short walk to the main beach / strip.

However, my second stay was slightly spoiled over a problem with the bicycle hire. I had hired a bike for myself and my girlfriend. Unfortunately, on the last evening of our stay my bike got stolen (which was my fault). I of course offered to pay for the bike but the owner of the hotel charged me Rp1,000,000!! I explained to him that I had payed Rp400,000 for a bike when I lived in Indonesia and even that was way too expensive, so 1 million was out of the question. He threatened to call the island security so I thought it was best to pay up just to avoid a scene. Even a guide who I met at the hotel and signed me up for a trek up Rinjani volcano confirmed that 1 million for a bike was a total rip-off.

This is a nice place to stay, but the service is a bit patchy and the manager has a really bad temper!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 22, 2013

They will promise you heaven and earth and at first it looks fine... But they lied about warm water in the showers, they said we would pay 300.000 rp without breakfast, but when We checked out they charged us more for all kinds of stuff we didn't have... When we refused to pay they threatened to get island security but we had to catch our boat back. And the worst of all: in the middle of the night we woke up with thousands of ants everywhere! In our clothes, beds, pillow, luggage!!! And they didn't care about it, and suddenly no one spoke english! They made it clear it was not their fault and we just had to deal with it. I've travelled the world, seen a lot of great places but this is the worst i had!

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Celinejanssens

Travelers are raving about these Gili Trawangan hotels

Gianyar, Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I was staying at Lumbung Cottage Gili Terawangan for two nights on 8-10 Mar 13. First time overnight there. My first impression, the room was clean and spacious. The building so unique with wooden house "Lumbung" architecture. The AC worked properly. The bathroom was nice. Really huge and cleanliness was ok. Be careful the water were not fresh. A bit salty, same condition with the pool.

We've got breakfast with toast bread and scramble egg. The taste standard, but the coffee was fantastic. Strong enough to woke me up!

Unfortunately on the second day, they didn't do clean up in my room. But anyway for the budget hotel standard, they were fine.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple