“Nice hotel, but beware the bike hire”
Review of Lumbung Cottage 1

Lumbung Cottage 1
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice - once in 2010 when I lived in Indonesia, and again in 2012 when I came back for a holiday. On the whole this is a nice hotel in a quiet area. There is a handy little swimming pool and it is a good place to meet other travellers. It is a short walk to the main beach / strip.

However, my second stay was slightly spoiled over a problem with the bicycle hire. I had hired a bike for myself and my girlfriend. Unfortunately, on the last evening of our stay my bike got stolen (which was my fault). I of course offered to pay for the bike but the owner of the hotel charged me Rp1,000,000!! I explained to him that I had payed Rp400,000 for a bike when I lived in Indonesia and even that was way too expensive, so 1 million was out of the question. He threatened to call the island security so I thought it was best to pay up just to avoid a scene. Even a guide who I met at the hotel and signed me up for a trek up Rinjani volcano confirmed that 1 million for a bike was a total rip-off.

This is a nice place to stay, but the service is a bit patchy and the manager has a really bad temper!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Lumbung Cottage 1

Reviewed March 22, 2013

They will promise you heaven and earth and at first it looks fine... But they lied about warm water in the showers, they said we would pay 300.000 rp without breakfast, but when We checked out they charged us more for all kinds of stuff we didn't have... When we refused to pay they threatened to get island security but we had to catch our boat back. And the worst of all: in the middle of the night we woke up with thousands of ants everywhere! In our clothes, beds, pillow, luggage!!! And they didn't care about it, and suddenly no one spoke english! They made it clear it was not their fault and we just had to deal with it. I've travelled the world, seen a lot of great places but this is the worst i had!

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Celinejanssens
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I was staying at Lumbung Cottage Gili Terawangan for two nights on 8-10 Mar 13. First time overnight there. My first impression, the room was clean and spacious. The building so unique with wooden house "Lumbung" architecture. The AC worked properly. The bathroom was nice. Really huge and cleanliness was ok. Be careful the water were not fresh. A bit salty, same condition with the pool.

We've got breakfast with toast bread and scramble egg. The taste standard, but the coffee was fantastic. Strong enough to woke me up!

Unfortunately on the second day, they didn't do clean up in my room. But anyway for the budget hotel standard, they were fine.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We came to this place following a local who brought us from the harbour. We stayed 5 nights in the last cottage at the end of the track. Its like 5 mins walk from the harbour, away from the bars and the noise!We quite liked this hotel, large rooms, hot and cold shower, AC, swimming pool,our stay was pleasant but the rooms and the bathrooms could be a little bit cleaner. We didnt have tv or dvd in the room but wasnt a problem for us. The breakfast was okay, quite basic but good. The pool wasnt really clean either, so we didnt get a chance to enjoy it...
however, the staff is really nice and helpful. They let me use their phone at night to call my bank in france after my wallet got stollen, and i dint asked me to pay for the communication. It is a good place to stay if you look for basic accomodation with AC at a good price.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 6, 2012

One stayed here for three nights in July 2012. This place is just ok. The cottages look nicer from the outside than they are inside. Inside you literally just get a bed and a desk and it's quite dark and dingy. The swimming pool is ok, but could be cleaner. The staff are pretty friendly and can sort you out bikes and a bit of Mary Jane if that's you're thing. We paid 330,000 per room which I felt was a little steep for the quality of room. Also the in house laundry service is extortionate. I payed double the amount here than I did in Kuta for the exact same amount of laundry. Overall there isn't anything badly wrong with this place but it's just ok and I'm sure there's probably better hotels on the island for a simalar price.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank dpw369
Reviewed January 13, 2012

i stay there on Dec 19 2011, the room was dirty and less worthy with i pay Rp.300.000, have a flies on the bed and dusty .the staff less friendly ,, no service.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Romida_Marbun
Reviewed November 27, 2011

Upon arriving in Trawagan, we met a local that suggested Lumbung Cottages. We stayed in the newer complex about 300 meters from the main street and beach area. There is still some construction at this location but it is amazing. The friendliest people at the reception desk (which is a palm- covered shack in front). Authentic! The cottages are very large and clean. No bugs! The private bathrooms are outside including the toilet, sink and shower. We had 2 friendly geckos keeping the bugs away outside. We had help with our transportation to Lombok along with good suggestions for snorkeling without paying for a tour. It also comes with breakfast. The pool was being redone so it was only open the first day but besides that it was a piece of heaven. I would return.

• Stayed: November 2011