“Lovely eating with beautiful sea view”

Scallywags Seafood Bar & Grill
Ranked #33 of 152 Restaurants in Gili Trawangan
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Scallywags restaurant has become a favorite for locals and tourist alike. Food is shipped in daily, with organic greens from Bali. The beautiful island location and the freshest food on the island makes it a great place for breakfast, lunch, sunset, dinner and party nights. Scallywags is the original and the best place to enjoy our nightly BBQ, starting at 6pm. Guests can choose from a large range of sashimi grade fish and Australian imported steaks, to name a few. A complimentary salad bar is included for all BBQ items. Not hungry? Our trained bartenders can whip you up an amazing refreshing cocktail for you to enjoy while soaking up the views over the ocean.
Reviewed December 27, 2010

Eaten at this restaurant on Thursday last week and must say it is very good. They have good staff, lovely food, good value for money and great location at the beach with nice sea view. I believe everybody who comes to Gili T and want a more special diner, so not just a Warung and not too expensive either, should come and eat at this place.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,141)

Reviewed October 22, 2010

I can honestly say that the food at Scallywags is 5 star. My wife is a vegan and they catered for her without any fuss (a few places in London could learn from this) The owner took time to sit and chat with us at the bar which made it a more homely experience. I would recommend Scallywags to anyone.

Reviewed October 4, 2010

The food in Scallywag's is amazing - I ate dinner there 7 out of my 8 nights in Gili, and had plenty of lunches and ice-cream there too. The staff were really friendly and made my birthday dinner there extra special. I ate my way through practically the entire menu. The Goats Cheese salad and calamari are a must and you can't leave the island without trying their cheese burger. It melts in your mouth and is best described as heaven in a bread bun. The atmosphere and location are both brilliant, get there early to get a table by the sea.

Reviewed August 12, 2010

My 12yr son and I ate at Scallywags 4 or 5 times when we were on Gili T in July. It's right on the beach - so gorgeous. The food is cheap and fresh. We ordered the bbq with salad each time. my tuna steak was huge and divine. The salad they give you is a really big mix of a few salads potato salad, eggs, lettuce/tomato salad, served with either rice or fries. Brilliant. Yum. However...

The staff are both hilarious and frustrating. They look gorgeous in their black Scallywags Tshirts with a witty manifesto written on the front - something like "I love customers, safety, etc." And there are a lot of them. They take your order with such a precise method, carefully writing everything down in beautiful handwriting and then insisting on reading it back to you. All good.

Then is goes pear shaped. Your drink doesn't come. Or 2 drinks come that you didn't order. One meal comes but the other doesn't. Your fish comes but no salad. Your fish comes but with fries not rice. You speak to a waiter. They run off to fix problem. You wait. And wait. Nothing happens. You get ignored. Finally you go inside to bar and state problem to cashier/manager. They know nothing about missing/wrong item. They yell into kitchen window. Cooking staff yell back. You state problem again. Yes yes kitchen finally understand. Half an hour later all items have been served. My god! Exhausting. But we went back because of the quality and style of the food and they also weren't pumping out loud rock music like The Beach House. Everytime we'd be filled with a false security upon placing our order. Surely it won't happen again. Wrong. You have to laugh.

1  Thank kob
Reviewed July 29, 2010

We ate here prawns and a dish that should be a Indonesian spacialty> Rendang. What we got looked nothing like Rendang and tasted nothing like Rendang. What is worse, it made my husband terribly sick for the whole night. If this was not enough, service is simply terrible.