“Good food and service”

Scallywags Seafood Bar & Grill
Ranked #18 of 117 Restaurants in Gili Trawangan
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Scallywags restaurant has become a favorite for locals and tourist alike. Food is shipped in daily, with organic greens from Bali. The beautiful island location and the freshest food on the island makes it a great place for breakfast, lunch, sunset, dinner and party nights. Scallywags is the original and the best place to enjoy our nightly BBQ, starting at 6pm. Guests can choose from a large range of sashimi grade fish and Australian imported steaks, to name a few. A complimentary salad bar is included for all BBQ items. Not hungry? Our trained bartenders can whip you up an amazing refreshing cocktail for you to enjoy while soaking up the views over the ocean.
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Good food and service”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We went hunting for good seafood whilst on Gili T and stumbled across Scallywags by accident. The food was really good, I had bbq'd prawns whilst my boyfriend had the swordfish fillet. Both were really good and with dessert and beer everything came in at under 300 IDR which is quite reasonable by Gili T standards.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Kent, UK
“Tapas fans and veggies rejoice!”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

My favourite restaurant on the island, and I agree with the review below ... Goat cheese salad was amazing, and the mixed tapas platter changes every day and is superb.
All the salads were great here, and if you want the tapas platter with veggie options only it can be easily arranged.
All the food we had here was terrific, just beware the individual tapas plates unless there are a few of you as they are huge!
Their famous chicken soup is fabulous too ... Just be aware it's a main and comes with rice and prawn crackers ... We ordered as a starter and it was far too much!!
Service can be a little slow but it's very friendly and we liked the fact that the price you see is the price you pay ... No added tax and service charge.
We came back twice because the food is so good, fresh and of such high quality, and also very reasonable.
Their Cosmo is a knockout cocktail too but be careful of the bloody Mary's ... They're quite heavy on the Tabasco!!
Nice atmosphere, lovely location, quite romantic if you get a beach table, friendly helpful staff and stunning food ... We loved it, our favourite place for dinner on Gili T.

Manchester, Connecticut
“Service Needs to Improve”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I really wanted to like this place but couldn't get past the service level. Went there for lunch around 2:30 pm after the crowds, was seated promptly and then waited 15-20 minutes and finally went up to the wait staff to see who could help me. There was enough wait staff that day but were more interested in chatting with their peers than serving guests. The restaurant was not full at that time and several other guests who arrived after me were being waited on promptly. My tasty grilled tuna steak finally came and it took forever to get the attention of a waiter to see about dessert options. There are other options for restaurants on the beach but for now, they need to do a reality check.

• Visited October 2012
“AWFUL EXPERIENCE!!! go next door!”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We were excited to try out Scallywags after reading all the reviews in the Lonely PLanet & online. the entire experience was terrible. the location on the beach is great but all the restaurants are on the beach. we didnt get acknowledged for service for at least 15mins and we were the only people there. We ordered a juice& a beer, and had to ask for menus. He came back with menus and my juice, no beer. 15mins later, still no beer, we ordered Fried Calamari& marinated olives as a appetizer to start. 20mins later STILL NO BEER and the calamari arrived. I asked what happened to the beer & the server looked confused & went to find out. in the meantime i had finished my juice, and the calamari was GUMMY CHEWY & tough to eat. we are NOT picky eaters & eat EVERYTHING. this was not edible. When he came back he said that that beer wasnt in stock anymore. I then had enough, i said It took u 45mins-1hr to tell us that the beer isnt in stock? and u didnt even tell us till i asked!! I picked up the calamari went inside & told the "manager" that the calamari was awful, our beer never showed& werent told it was out of stock, and our marinated olives never showed. I said let me pay for my JUICE & we are leaving. They didnt seem to really care, and u would think with the juice being only $2 they would say DONT WORRY ABOUT IT and try and save face. NOPE! they took my money. RIDICULOUS! horrendous service & food. Will NEVER go back. went to the BEACH HOUSE next door 2 nights in a row, amazing. (so it was a blessing in disguise)

• Visited September 2012
Margate, Australia
“Back again and again”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We decided to give it a go about 4 days into our trip and i think we ate there 5 times after that. The food is delicious and as always all over Trawangan great staff.

Highly recommend this place and thier prices are very reasonable also...great slushie buckets also :)

Visited October 2012