“Not so much”

Scallywags Seafood Bar & Grill
Ranked #18 of 117 Restaurants in Gili Trawangan
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Scallywags restaurant has become a favorite for locals and tourist alike. Food is shipped in daily, with organic greens from Bali. The beautiful island location and the freshest food on the island makes it a great place for breakfast, lunch, sunset, dinner and party nights. Scallywags is the original and the best place to enjoy our nightly BBQ, starting at 6pm. Guests can choose from a large range of sashimi grade fish and Australian imported steaks, to name a few. A complimentary salad bar is included for all BBQ items. Not hungry? Our trained bartenders can whip you up an amazing refreshing cocktail for you to enjoy while soaking up the views over the ocean.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Not so much”
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Served me the toughest piece of red snapper ever, so disappointing after looking at the seafood on the BBQ. Thought the portion was super small too. We started off with a waiter who was super nice and attentive (longer haired guy), but another guy came in and from there on it was a nightmare. Forgot to bring out 60% of the stuff and we only like about half of it.

• Visited May 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
“Great food, nice sunbeds!”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I really liked hanging aroud at Scallywags. Confy sunbeds on the beach from which you can even order food&drinks, very nice. The free wifi also works on the beach! :)

Visited August 2011
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
“Go elsewhere!”
Reviewed May 22, 2012 via mobile

The only place I've been in Gilis with dismal service & no smiles. Food average at best - virtually everything on BBQ grill had run out by 9pm & we were last people there at 11 & asked to leave by waiter. Def lots of better places! Sister restaurant Echo Beach on Bali much better - new management needed on Gili T!

1 Thank A1Traveller100
Perth, Australia
“a great find..”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

we have eaten here three times and i'll be heading back on our last night.. grab a cafe latte and lounge back on the massive welcoming seats that look out over the track and the beach.. its sheer relaxation.. grab a full monty breakfast, the bomb and get your mouth around the breakfast wrap with yummy flavours, egg bacon (pork) cheese and tomato.. very tasty breakfast.. our dinner had no complaints at the table of 6.. we all ordered 'tapas' and instead of one each, we moved the plates around after a mouth full or two of each dish.. a great way to sample most tapas.. we then rated the plates and had a laugh at the best and worse.. varied tastes, varied opinions..

another thing i will comment on is the service.. we were so impressed.. a very happy bunch.. as i said, we will be back.. and we only speak highly of this place.. experience it yourself and keep in mind, that you cant please everyone who cant be pleased.. bon appetit..

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank leelee009
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Scallywags restaurant- don't bother”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

My husband and I have just returned from the scallywags restaurant , south beach on Gili islands. We had heard a lot of good things about the place and decided to try it. Unfortunately both the service and the food were appalling. We ordered our drinks after being seated for 20 mins and having to grab someones attention, the we ordered our meals at the same time. I was shown the salad bar which was a disgrace, the salad bowls were empty, the trolley was dirty and no one appeared to be responsible for restocking at all. My husbands food came but mine did not, after about 20 mins we had to flag down various members of staff to find out where my food was, they kept saying it was coming. After 45 mins, my food eventually came after yet another flag down and when I recieved it the food was cold and uncooked. I had to send it back, it returned 5 mins later but by that time I had lost my appetite. I asked to speak to the manager, after 10 mins, he graced us with his presence, mumbling something about a discount and finding out what went wrong- well he never returned to us wit an apology or offer of a drink etc. I found this exceptionally rude.

When we asked for the bill, the meal was on there, I sent it back to the manager with the hopes we might receive an explanation, but nothing. Save to say we will not return nor will we recommend to anyone we meet.

Bad food is one thing but bad service took ths place to another level.

If you want a lovely meal with attentive staff, visit the beach house instead.

1 Thank sabrina s