“Great fresh seafood cooked italian style”
Review of Blu D'aMare - CLOSED

Blu D'aMare
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Took the day to Gili Trawangan, and being Italians, from the recommendations, felt we had to give this place a try. And boy were we not disappointed. Everything was phenomenal, and at par with top dining in Italy. The fish carpaccio was really great, and worth going on its, own and the chocolate salame, which would sound strange to others of any other nationality, was superb, and better than many I've had in Italy, and seemingly quite difficult to make in conditions like the Gilis. The owner-chef was chatty and friendly, and her husband arrived as we were finishing our lunch, having speared the huge fish that would be the special for the night's dinner.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

This place probably has about the best italian food south of the equator. It is a modest and small cozy restaurant with no airs. But the pasta is amazing rivalling the top italian restaurants back in Singapore. The menu is a little simple with not too many choices so many people with no experience of its food walk away after looking at it but not knowing what they have missed.
The bread stick are excellent. Interestingly I think this is the only Italian restaurant I have visited that does not do pizza. BTW there are numerous pizza joints on the island with varying standards of pizza so perhaps this place wants to be different. This is the only restaurant that I revisited several times on the island as everyone in my family wanted to go back again. The dessert is also excellent, Choco-salami is my favourite after the chocolate cake.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

The food was excellent! not those where you say:" Oh, yea the food was good..." the place had authentic italian cuisine, don't mind the price, just go in and order, you will be amazed! The people serving were extremely nice great manners. Every meal there made my day, (remember just 1 meal) I ate there 3 times during my stay I can honestly say that i would go back to gili trawangan just for a taste of that food again.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

The staff from Gili Hideaway recommended that we come here for dinner and boy were they right! Food at Blu D'aMare is amazing. The seafood pasta, choco salami... yum!

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Complementary bread sticks & olives, very tasty. The best tagliatelle carbonara in years. I visit this restaurant 3 times a year, always delightful, classic and traditional.