“Perfect!”
Review of Gili Hideaway

Gili Hideaway
Reviewed August 20, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at Gili Hideaway last October and while have been too lazy to write a review until now I thought I should as I realised we have done a lot of travelling since then but we always still talk about what a perfect and relaxing time we had at Gili Hideaway!

It is my idea of the perfect beach holiday - basic but beautifully thought out bungalows, outside bathrooms and plenty of space to relax in the garden as well as go to the beach. As an added bonus everyone there is so friendly and welcoming. The staff are terrific and will organise anything for you - bikes, snorkels. The new pool area for the Umbrella Bungalows was an added bonus! The booking process was super easy and Dewi organised all our boats to the island from Bali. The breakfast was also delicious. All for a great price and in a great location.

I cannot recommend Gili Hideaway enough. The Gili Islands (and Gili Hideaway) have totally sold going to Bali / Lombok for us! We will most certainly be back. :)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Gili Hideaway is a real gem, and we will definitely be staying there again should we return to Gili Trawangan. The location is perfect - far enough from the busy main stretch to be quiet and peaceful, but still only a 2 minute walk away from the action. The staff were impeccable - so polite, and catered for our every need. The umbrella bungalow was so cute, we loved the open indoor / outdoor flow. Gili Hideaway is perfect for a couple our group who wish to escape life for a few days and relax in paradise!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Umbrella Bungalow - very cute, fits in entirely with the tropical island feel of th...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Gili Hideaway for three nights - and really loved it. This has easily been the best accomodation during our trip through Indonesia. The bungalows are situated in a beautiful tropical garden with a small pool and a relaxing library. The interior of the bungalows is simple but tasteful and has all the necessities - from mosquito net to beachtowel. Huge and cool semi outside bathroom and a small patio, everything is just done well.
Best of all is the wonderful and hospital staff. They make you feel at home right away and made our stay really memorable. Only missed the fruit carving we saw on some of the photo's. We will come
back for that!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 15, 2013

A fantastic little "hideaway" round the back from the main beach strip. It was really cute with authentic little huts which were clean and fun to stay in. We had a fresh water shower - Don't expect rich flowing water, just enjoy going back to the basics in a beautiful place! The staff were really friendly and cooked a great banana pancake, we also hired bikes from them which was really fun. The Hideaway is just a 5 minute walk from the front and to be honest i was nervous at first about being off of the main beach front but it was a blessing as it can be quiet noisy down there!
My sister and I fell in love with Gili T and have recommended it to a number of friends as well as recommending this place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I stayed at Gili Hideaway for a week in July while on Gili T, which was my 2nd visit to the island. I stayed in a bungalow at the Hideaway compound (as opposed to the Umbrella Bungalows). I was excited about it before I got there, based on all the good reviews I read. I even had a few questions before my trip and Dewi was more than happy to correspond via email before I arrived.

When I first arrived at the Hideaway, to be quite honest, I was a bit skeptical of the place upon finally seeing it in person. I think I might of built it up too much in my head from all the pictures and descriptions. I was slightly worried that it was a little far from the main beach strip, and it all seemed a little more rustic than what I expected.

Of course, it took less than a day there to prove this skepticism totally false. The location was perfect. Close enough to the beach action, but also far enough away to feel like you were in your own special retreat. The place was beautiful. Just a great place to relax. Sami and his staff were fantastic. So friendly. The breakfasts in the mornings always good. And I especially liked coming back in the late afternoon and having a coffee by the pool or on my little bungalow porch.

Another aspect I greatly enjoyed is meeting and hanging out with the other people whoe were staying there. I was travelling on my own. And met a few of the other travellers. Had great conversations over breakfast, or while lounging around in the common area. Even went out for dinner and drinks with people I met there, and had a great time. Its one of the best parts of travelling solo... meeting people and hearing about where they are from... and the experiences they've had. Gili Hideaway was a perfect spot for this.

All in all, I had an excellent time. There was a special kind of vibe there that made you feel comfortable, relaxed and at home. I would definitely like to go back for another stay!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank kbell33
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

We spend our last night at trawangan here and what a treat this was. We staid at the umbrella side.

The resort is so nice, everything is well kept, small paths, beautiful garden and a small but good swimming pool. It kinda feels as the tropical version of a hobbit village.

The rooms are like little huts and have so much atmosphere. The roofs are open, so at night you can clearly hear the wind and the ocean, so relaxing. Being so open is no problem hence they provide good mosquito nets.

The staff is nothing short of great. Though we arrived early at 10am, we where warmly welcomed with drinks and they took good care of our luggage.

The ask not the buy plastic water bottles but to refill your bottle at their dispenser. They seems eco friendly at more points, for instance refillable shampoo bottle instead of single use. Nice touch.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed at the Gili Hideaway for 3 nights in April. It was absolutely perfect. It is the best place to relax & rejuvenate yourself. The bungalows are beautifully built to a good size & the beds are comfortable. The bathrooms are huge & it is such a pleasing experience showering underneath the stars in the open air. The gardens are lush & make you feel like you are in the middle of a rainforest. The location couldn't be better, just a 2 minute walk to the beach with a selection of restaurants & 10 minutes to where the boats dock. We found that this was perfect as whilst you were close to everything, you are far away enough to be amongst constant peace & quiet. We awoke each morning to the sound of the call the prayer which we found refreshing, we wish we could wake up the same way in London! The service here is first rate, efficient & always with a smile, you are served gorgeous breakfasts of fresh fruit with a different sculptured animal each day, banana pancakes & smoothies, the afternoon tea is spectacular too with home made cakes. We travel a lot & the quality of everything that you receive at the Gili Hideaway is priced 4 times as much in other countries. Gili Hideaway & the Gili Islands are absolutely everything that we have ever looked for in a holiday & we would definitely stay at the Gili Hideaway if we are ever lucky enough to return to this part of the world. Thank you Debbie!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple