“Great rooms, very friendly staff, bad location”
Review of Gili Hideaway

and 1 more site!
Gili Hideaway
Reviewed June 21, 2013

The good: really wonderful bungalows, the place is so peaceful during the day, the bungalows are very clean and nice. There are mosquitoes, but you get a mosquito net above the bed, repellent spray and electric mosquito devices so they are not a big problem. We've also had a nice wooden bench to sit and relax in front of the bungalow and the pool looked very nice too. The staff is super friendly and really kind, always ready to assist you.

The bad: The people on Bali are mostly Hindu, but the Gili islands are Muslim. There is a mosque on the island with very loud speakers. The first day we've arrived they started singing in the evening, but that was not a problem, but the next day they started around 5 in the morning and went on and on and on... I've brought ear-buds, but they didn't help. I've been in many Muslim countries, but I've never had such a problem. That's why we left one day earlier and went back to Bali. If that's not a problem for you then this is a great place. I would probably try to choose another island.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Gili Hideaway

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I spent 4 days in the Gili Hideaway and it was an experience I would like to repeat soon. The room and bathroom are big and clean. It has a fantastic pool and its staff is very kind.
Moreover, as the accomodation only has few rooms, it seems that you are staying in a private villa.
Don't forget to try the omelette for breakfast!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2013

After studying non-stop in the busy city, I came to Lombok for a break with my brother and parents. After an 3 days 2 nights climb to rinjani, my family finally settled for the party island, gili trawangan. Fortunately, this hide away, was really the cure of all my stress, if you wanted to hangout on the beach, just go outside, and if not, just stay in the niice quiet resort. I can truthfully say that the gili hideaway was really paradise on earth! Great food, a wonderful relaxing place, really nice people, an occasional cat and a pool (just in case the temperature soars). I say its a go go, no questions! The people there, especially suka, agus and dewi the owner, really made me feel at home. I could just sit in the dining area for hours reading just sipping on a cup of tea, which made my day, not talking about going out for snorkelling or other activities. I was staying in the umbrella bungalows.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Our family stayed in 2 Umbrella bungalows at Gili Hideaway after an exhilarating Mt Rinjani climb and what a restful beautiful paradise it is! Hidden away from the noise of the main beach strip, yet just minutes' walk away from the beach and all the restaurants, it's a great convenient location that gives you a glimpse of village life in the back lanes - kids playing, families sitting out in the evenings. The outdoor showers are a joy, open under the skies with birds, bees and butterflies about. We especially love it that Dewi and Hassan are trying to make this as sustainable as possible on this island when nature, tourism business, limited resources and pollution hang in precarious balance. Special thanks to the wonderful staff too - Agus and Suka - you've made us feel so at home!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LYHo
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Gili T is and incredible place, but I honestly believe that what made our stay even better was the hide away team. San and his team made us feel incredibly welcome and looked after us effortlessly.

Rooms were great, outshower is the best bit!

Can't wait to go back.

Bass

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I spent two weeks in Bali and my fondest memories are staying at Gili Hideaway. It is just a nudge past the Main Street and minutes to the best beach where I swam with turtles the size of dustbin lids. I will not consider staying anywhere else when I return. I felt very at home than with Dewi and her extended family. I loved my cosy traditional Balinese hut.Very clean and comfortable. It was a treat having an indoors open roof shower which I shared with the native wildlife under the moonshine. The gardens where joyful and at night relaxing in the candle lit pool I felt I was in a tropical forest. And Sam...you make the best coffee!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Gili hideaway is the most wonderful oasis on this beautiful island. This is my second visit and will absolutely not be my last. The staff are top notch - special thanks to Sam "the man" and the rest of the crew who made this stay unforgettable. Thanks also to Dewi for helping us plan the ultimate 5 day birthday celebration. The pools, gardens and bungalows are fantastic and the breakfasts are simply stunning! Can't wait for the next visit!

• Stayed: May 2013