“I didn't want to leave!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gili Hideaway

and 1 more site!
Gili Hideaway
Singapore
“I didn't want to leave!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

Gili hideaway lives up to its name tucked away in a quieter part of Gili T. Amazingly wonderful staff whose endless smiles & help make your stay truly memorable. Beautiful bungalows & bathrooms & yes amazing pancakes too! I enjoyed it so much I came back at the end of my trip to stay once more! The beach is less than 2mins walk away & right by the start of the good snorkelling area. The main party drag is around 10mins walk & its a great walk along the beach & restaurants! Having travelled around the world I have seen many beautiful places but the Gilis definitely are in my top 3 destinations and the hideaway for all their help & kindness during my stay top my top 3 stays also. Thank you again to you all & for making my birthday such a wonderful day, I will never forget it and cant wait to visit you soon!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Indonesian first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

wonderful little paradise
i tried different accomodations within diffetent price ranges in gili t and i must say the hideaway is the best place i've stayed! since the ecological thought is important, the rooms are basic but very clean and the openair bathroom is very charming and each bungalow has a little garden. good breakfast, water, coffee and tee are offerd throughout the afternoom and the staff is simply just wonderful!  furthermore they offer bikes for ~ 4$ /day and they have very good and nonprofit activites suggestions.
the hideaway is located 3 min. away for the beach and the main road on gili t. perfect location!

• Stayed September 2012
Liege, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

I spent three weeks in Indonesia in July and started my vacations by staying one week at Gili Hideaway. It was the second time I stayed there, the first time was in 2011, and it was a good decision. The staffs are friendly, the room is unique and cleaned everyday, the pancake was delicious as always, the beach is not too far, I just loved it! I will surely stay there again next time!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Seminyak
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

I've lived in Bali for 7 years now and never grow tired of the Gili Isles for a long weekend, a well earned bit of R n R, Xmas or some fun in the sun and sand. Friends ask what keeps me going back there when they know I also like to explore new places as much as possible, and my answer these days is Gili Hideaway! A couple of years ago I discovered this fantastic hotel and had such a wonderful, relaxing holiday that I just have to keep going back there and tell any friends visiting the Gilis to go there too. The staff are so kind and attentive and the surroundings are beautiful. It really is its own little paradise on this beautiful island. Set back just one minute from the noise of the road by the beach it is so peaceful and calm. The joglos are tucked away in a lush garden so there is plenty of privacy. Each time I go the garden seems to have become more established and I end up taking hundreds of photos of the flowers there. Last trip too there were lots of yummy sweet treats added to the menu to enjoy in the afternoon after a well earned siesta or swim in the pool- the chocolate mousse was delicious! Can't wait to see what else has been added to the menu when I go back with my husband to Gili Hideaway tomorrow!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gingerkate99
Haarlem, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

Great first time on Gili T. No need to repeat all the positive feedback on the rooms and fantastic breakfast etc. What made our time at Gili Hideaway special was the genuinely warm and friendly service. The pool was so clean and refreshing in a quiet oasis away from the main drag. Sam was very helpful, who along with Dewi made our stay stress free and relaxing.
The complimentary afternoon tea and inexpensive but amazingly delicious cakes were something we looked forward to every day.
The only reason it gets a 4 for cleanliness was the ambient dust in the dry season; no fault of theirs as the room and surroundings were thoroughly cleaned every day.
Do try and get away to Meno for the day if you are after that "Castaway" experience - virtually no one on a perfect white sand beach with great snorkelling offshore.
We certainly left Gili Hideaway feeling relaxed. A fantastic 7 days!

• Stayed July 2012
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

We spend 3 nights at Gili Hideaway and they made our stay fabulous! The staff was very friendly and always approached us by name. It made our stay very individually. The traditional bungalow was very clean and cosy and had everything we needed. We especially liked the open air bathroom. Although we had a salt water shower, they also offered fresh water in every bathroom. The breakfast was amazing and the location close to the beach, dive schools and restaurants perfect and still enough distance to noisy bars. We appreciated the additional services, like the ferry organization. We would definitely go back there again. Thanks for the nice and warm stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

This was my 5th personal trip to Gili T, but the 3rd travelling with my family. There were 11 of us in total and Gili Hideaway accomodated all of us perfectly in their Umbrella bungalows. Our group took up 4 of the 5 full of ambience bungalows. Stunning gardens and a cute little kubu area attached to each bungalow was a perfect place to chill in the afternoon after a full day of exploring Gili T. The staff at Gili Hideaway were fantastic, friendly and super helpful, our bicycles for all our group were arranged cheaply and hassle free and as other travellers have stated the breakfast is awesome and very generous. Dewi the owner, was very helpful in arranging and confirming our accommodation when I found it over the internet. Would highly recommend to others.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family