“Wish I was back there now.”
Review of Ko-Ko-Mo Resort

Ko-Ko-Mo Resort
Ranked #1 of 154 Gili Trawangan B&B and Inns
Melbourne, Australia
“Wish I was back there now.”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

By far the best resort on Gili T, my partner and I spent three nights in Villa Merah and didn't want to leave. The jacuzzi and the outdoor living area is very luxurious, the bed by far the most comfortable we've had and the staff made us feel completely at home. Helped us out with anything from fixing our DVD player to organizing a private glass bottom boat trip.
Breakfast is massive and the food we tried at the restaurant was delicious and very fresh.
Great location in terms of just being at the end of the main strip of the busy part of Gili T but it's all within reach with a couple of minutes walk so it's a little bit quieter and a much prettier location. The lounge area is great with views across to Lombok on the beach. My only regret is we didn't stay longer. :(

Shannon

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Shannonjanes
LindaHE, Owner at Ko-Ko-Mo Resort, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Hi Shannon

Thank you so much for your review and we're so happy that ko-ko-mo was able to give you everything you wanted from a holiday!

We have passed your positive comments onto the staff, who were thrilled to receive your positive feedback

Hopefully we'll be able to welcome you back on your next trip

Our best wishes

Ko-ko-mo management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the Ganesha villa for 5 nights and had a wonderful time. The resort is situated a few steps from the hustle and bustle from the main area which enables you to have a peaceful little slice on the island.
The taxi/boat transfer was easy enough when booked in advance.

The pool and villa are in excellent condition. The villa itself is immaculate and the staff does a wonderful job maintaining the grounds.

The service is what really makes this place special. The staff takes the time to learn every single guests name and actually gets to know you as a person, versus just a random. They actually remember details about you and ask how you are doing etc.

Beach is a little rocky due to the coral, but this is just part of the islands charm. The locals are very passionate about preserving it and don't want you treading on it, which is great in my opinion

The food is good and the service in room and in the restaurant was excellent. We had breakfast included and you could order until one pm. This was a nice perk, since most ones that I've stayed at close at 10 am and I may not be up by then.
If you get bored of their food, I highly recommend pearl beach resort for dining. We actually found scallywags to be quite overrated. (Service and food quality).

There was never a shortage of beach chairs and the loungers already came with towels which was a very nice touch.

Other positives:
- good wifi
- surfing close by and cheap lessons
- lots if little stores and shopping just steps away
- night life if you want it
- lots of dining options
- lots if walking trails and beach walks
- great snorkelling (if that's your thing)
- great views
-overall quiet and peaceful retreat

Rent bikes and explore the island - especially the multiple sunset bars. Exhile bar was my favourite.

Overall, I have no complaints about this resort. Everything worked, service was spectacular and the island has such a great vibe. Id highly recommend this place to anyone who is looking to stay at gili t. I just can't express how nice of a time I had here. By far my favourite place in Indonesia (having spent time in Bali and very north of Bali)

Other fun facts : giant spiders may come to your room through the bathroom. But they are harmless, just keep your bathroom door closed. There are also loud beach parties once in a while next door. The staff comes around and gives out ear plugs and apologize for the in incidence - very proactive!

Thanks again ko ko mo!!

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank LexEva
London
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

Well appointed, tastefully decorated and seriously chilled! Plunge pool was welcome relief to the unrelenting Indonesian sun (and I went in Feb!)

Staff are great (especially Denzel) and while I can't comment the restaurant, the breakfast (served until 1pm!) which was brought to our rooms was fit for kings! A real feat when you consider it's a remote island with motorised transportation!

It's on the posh side of the Gili T strip so away from the hustle and bustle but as the island is the size a pound coin, you can walk or bicycle anywhere!

Will stay again for sure!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank nkglobe
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Kokomo villas are just wonderful. We booked a one bedroom villa with own jakusi that was beautiful but the ac wasn't as cool as I am use to so, after I talk to them, they changed us villas right away. Upgraded us to a 2 bedroom with private pool. They didn't hesitate to do it. The food at restaurant is just beautiful. Great atmosphere, wonderful location and the staff is the friendliest I've seeing. The breakfast was included and it was so big, and loads to choose from that we didn't need lunch. We had a wonderful experience and a romantic getaway. Will definitely go back.

Room Tip: The "Ganesh" villa has a super big pool.
1 Thank Marisol6009
ajaccio
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Kokomo is located south of the island. Close to the action but quiet .

We started our stay in the villa Ganesha.
This one has two bedrooms, a large outdoor living room with bar, comfortable sofas and a big flat screen tv .
This is a well designed villa. The pool is large, the queen size bed comfortable and the outdoor bathroom is beautiful.

The staff is very friendly, except only one smileless guy at the reception (but still very effective).
The guy (I'll say no name) smiled only one time when I told him that I won't go again on the smallest boat of the resort as it had 2 failures the 2 times we used it...
Nothing serious just a broken trim...

Our villa was spotless and our pool very clean.
An employee spent an hour each day in our villa to clean it up.

The outdoor areas of the villas are a little aging but nothing strange considering the hot weather and the rainy season.
Overall this is a very good place with an excellent service.

We spent the last two days in the largest villa overlooking the beach: The Penyu
We were only the two us and this villa is huge (three bedrooms, huge outdoor living room and pool).

Well.... Too large for two, Penyu is made for party and nothing else .
On the left the music of the restaurant is fairly strong and on the right the music from the surf bar is as loud.
So , since it is a bit noisy and since the sound dock sends music throughout the whole villa ... Well, let's party! Yes we were two, so what?

Penyu was the final goal of our trip but we were not enough.

In summary If you are young and above all at least six, go to Penyu.
If you are 2, stay in the Ganesha.

I liked this place and I'll come back at Ko-Ko-Mo with pleasure.

Room Tip: If you are young and above all at least six go to Penyu.. If you are 2 stay in the Ganesha villa...
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Pros: great location with a nice beachfront, nice villa with good pool, comfortable bed and pillows, very friendly staff
cons: food wasn't very good aside from the breakfast (free till 1pm) and the fallen chocolate desert

We stayed in villa Ganesha (booked early for only a few hundred per night) which has a medium sized pool and two rooms. good air con with a door to a semi closed washroom. keep the doors closed for the bugs and it's fine.

All in all a great place. Service is great especially for Indonesia. The lunch and breakfast isn't that great but the pearl restaurant next door has amazing food and a good atmosphere. So it's nothing to be concerned about.
The beds are comfortable and nice soft pillows. TV's in each bedroom and a larger one in the outside covered living room.

If I were to come back to this island it would definitely be to this villa.

Room Tip: stayed in Ganesha. Great villa
2 Thank AdamLVW
Reviewed February 22, 2014

The best resort on the island, I'm still here as I'm writing this review, friendly staff we love it here I don't want to leave, beautiful table setting on the beach, beachfront is great for swimming, clear water, so relaxing the resort itself is beautiful. I've been around Bali and malaysia and this has got to be one of the best places I've stayed.

• Stayed February 2014