“Amazing - Thank you for a wonderful stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ko Ko Mo Restaurant

Ko Ko Mo Restaurant
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Elegant restaurant set on the beach with stunning views to Lombok. An innovative mix of Asian, French and Italian inspired fusion dishes, focusing on fresh seafood, quality imported meats and homemade pastas, breads, desserts and pastries
Perth, Australia
“Amazing - Thank you for a wonderful stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

My Partner and I stayed at Ko Ko Mo for 5 nights last week. We ended up staying an extra night because we loved it so much. The villa's are just beautiful, well groomed and stunning. The staff were very accommodating and such lovely people. We couldn't ask for anymore. The food was 5 star, so delicious. We will definitely be returning to Ko Ko Mo in the future - I would recommend everyone to stay there! A special thanks to Denzel for organising my boyfriends birthday cake and to Rini for all of her wonderful help with us moving villas when the others were booked up. Amazing island with beautiful people. Thank you again :)

• Visited October 2013

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Wellington, New Zealand
“Beautiful birthday dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed a beautiful birthday dinner at Ko Ko Mo.

We had the duck ravioli and meat antipasto (highlight of the meal!) for entree, shared a seafood platter for main, and finished with a fallen chocolate dessert each. Wow! What a dinner! Complimentary bread and an amuse bouche to start and fantastic service from the two staff attending us. I note other reviews say that service was hard to come by but we did not find this at all - our drinks we continuously topped up and replaced and plates cleared quickly.

This was by far the most expensive meal we had in Bali or Lombok (approximately $NZ 90) but it was worth every penny. A comparable meal in NZ would be $NZ 250+. We would definitely recommend dining here whilst on Gili T (and booking in advance for a waterfront table).

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Nice location and great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

We spent four days on Gili T and visited some great places including Ko Ko Mo. One of the more high end restaurants on the island. A bit more expensive, but its money well spent! I would highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Delicious food and a classy, luxurious setting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

We ate at Ko Ko Mo a couple of times during our week on Gili T. The food was delicious - I had the tenderloin one night, which was very tasty but my absolute favourite was the fish and chips... I can't believe someone in a previous review said it wasn't that great - I could have eaten another plate of it... the fish was so fresh and the batter so light and crispy... simply perfect!
The desserts were not anything amazing... after reading so many reviews about the chocolate souffle, I opted for that one night but it was burnt a bit to the bottom of the cup it was cooked in, and very dry at the top, so I didn't really enjoy it. The other chocolate dessert (can't remember the name) which I tried on our 2nd visit was a lot better.
I can understand what people are saying about the service... we really had to wave people over and at one point, I was even ready to get up and walk to get someone as they don't seem to look up or look around to see if anyone is trying to catch their eye, so the management can definitely improve this aspect, if they are interested in doing so (although as many people have mentioned this issue for quite a while and nothing appears to have been done about it, you wonder if the management cares that much?)
I would definitely recommend this place for the great food and beautiful setting.

Visited October 2013
San Francisco, California
“Price/value is not there - and in general disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

This meal cost 4x what we had been paying for dinner for two on the island - and it was *definitely* not worth it. We went there looking for fresh fish and good preparations/presentation - but found none of the above. Most of their fish on the menu appears to be imported and frozen - I'm talking Atlantic salmon and Canadian scallops. It should be a crime to import fish like that when you're right on the ocean.

We ordered some "tapas" as well for starters - extremely overpriced for small, tasteless servings.

The real kicker for me was the service, though. The waiter knocked everything on the table over a few times, almost took my wine with him a number of times. The service was also incredibly slow. When we were finished with our mains, we tried to order dessert - had to wait about 15 minutes to flag someone down, and then another 30 to actually get the desserts. So weird for such an expensive restaurant - they didn't seem like they were interested in serving at all.

I feel ripped off.