“Nice location and great food”

Ko Ko Mo Restaurant
Cuisines: Barbecue, Indonesian, Contemporary, Cafe
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Elegant restaurant set on the beach with stunning views to Lombok. An innovative mix of Asian, French and Italian inspired fusion dishes, focusing on fresh seafood, quality imported meats and homemade pastas, breads, desserts and pastries
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We spent four days on Gili T and visited some great places including Ko Ko Mo. One of the more high end restaurants on the island. A bit more expensive, but its money well spent! I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

We ate at Ko Ko Mo a couple of times during our week on Gili T. The food was delicious - I had the tenderloin one night, which was very tasty but my absolute favourite was the fish and chips... I can't believe someone in a previous review said it wasn't that great - I could have eaten another plate of it... the fish was so fresh and the batter so light and crispy... simply perfect!
The desserts were not anything amazing... after reading so many reviews about the chocolate souffle, I opted for that one night but it was burnt a bit to the bottom of the cup it was cooked in, and very dry at the top, so I didn't really enjoy it. The other chocolate dessert (can't remember the name) which I tried on our 2nd visit was a lot better.
I can understand what people are saying about the service... we really had to wave people over and at one point, I was even ready to get up and walk to get someone as they don't seem to look up or look around to see if anyone is trying to catch their eye, so the management can definitely improve this aspect, if they are interested in doing so (although as many people have mentioned this issue for quite a while and nothing appears to have been done about it, you wonder if the management cares that much?)
I would definitely recommend this place for the great food and beautiful setting.

1  Thank nipon4
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This meal cost 4x what we had been paying for dinner for two on the island - and it was *definitely* not worth it. We went there looking for fresh fish and good preparations/presentation - but found none of the above. Most of their fish on the menu appears to be imported and frozen - I'm talking Atlantic salmon and Canadian scallops. It should be a crime to import fish like that when you're right on the ocean.

We ordered some "tapas" as well for starters - extremely overpriced for small, tasteless servings.

The real kicker for me was the service, though. The waiter knocked everything on the table over a few times, almost took my wine with him a number of times. The service was also incredibly slow. When we were finished with our mains, we tried to order dessert - had to wait about 15 minutes to flag someone down, and then another 30 to actually get the desserts. So weird for such an expensive restaurant - they didn't seem like they were interested in serving at all.

I feel ripped off.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We went to this lovely looking restaurant for desserts. The level of service we received went noticeably downhill after the waiter established we weren't staying at the hotel. One by one two of the choices we had made we're no longer available yet we could see these desserts continuing to leave the kitchen.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

We were very excited to try this restaurant given all of the excellent reviews. However, the food was incredibly average.

We chose the pork belly as an entree. It was mostly fat with a tiny slither of pork belly - the sauce was delicious though.

We also had the fish and chips. The fried fish was inedible as it was encased in a very thick and tough batter.

The salmon was completely raw.

However, the location, presentation and service was very good, but not enough to overcome our disappointing meals.