Tripadvisor
Inbox
Search
Open today: 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Review Highlights
Can’t wait to go back here!

I had an amazing time diving with Blue Marlin. I did both my Open Water, Advanced and Enriched Air... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
dave2humphreys
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
via mobile
Open Water Dive Course - Amazing

I had never dive before but I decided to do the open water course with Blue Marlin since they are a... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
catarinaccmateus

Recommended experiences in and around Gili Trawangan
from $31.61
from $75.00
from $76.93
from $32.70
1,605 results
All reviews open water course gili t monday night diving experience advanced open water my boyfriend made us feel these guys great diving a lot of fun special thanks padi course feel comfortable an amazing experience three days turtle heaven swimming pool
Selected filters
Reviewed August 8, 2019 via mobile

Blue Marlin is a great, reputable place to dive with in Gili T! Bonus points to Andres for being the greatest instructor!!

Date of experience: August 2019
BlueMarlinDive, Bookings at Blue Marlin Dive Gili Trawangan, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write this review!
First of all, congratulations to you for becoming a certified Open Water Diver and welcome to the Blue Marlin family.
We are happy that you had a great time diving with us and that you enjoyed Andres as your instructor!

Happy diving and welcome back to us at any time!

Reviewed August 7, 2019

We did several dives with Blue Marlin and had an incredible time with them under the waters around the Gili Islands. They are all extremely friendly, obviously experienced and all work well together to ensure everyone has the best experience and understands the safety/skills necessary to have a relaxed, pleasurable dive.

We saw many turtles, a mantis shrimp and numerous other denizens of the ocean while down there, so Gili Islands is really a great spot to do dives for beginners - everything is close-by, the waters are calm and clear. Our favourite spot was probably Menno Wall. If you’re visiting Gili and at all remotely interested in scuba diving, it would be a huge shame not to dive here.

We would like to mention our instructor Neil who was a very clear communicator both above and below the waves, and a genuinely nice, easy going and knowledgeable guy. We also highly recommend the photography of Álvaro Herrero of Mekan Photography (works with Blue Marlin), he took some truly mind blowing underwater photos of our family dive.

Date of experience: August 2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review for us at Blue Marlin on Gili Trawangan.
We are happy that you had such a great experience diving with us.
The safety of all people diving with us is our number one priority, thank you for highlighting that. Putting safety first doesn't mean that diving cannot be fun, this is what makes diving fun actually! Feeling safe and relaxed make you enjoy your diving and the all-over experience to the fullest. And like you also mentioned, we are blessed with some amazing dive sites around the Gili and we all do agree with you it would a shame not to seize the opportunity when here.

Neil and Mekan will be delighted to hear what you said about them, I will make sure the words are passed on to them!

We hope you come back soon again for some more diving with us!

Reviewed August 7, 2019 via mobile

My partner and I did the Advanced & Nitrox courses with Sarah and it was first class - very professional and great tuition!

Date of experience: August 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write this review for Blue Marlin Gili Trawangan.
Congratulations on becoming certified Advanced Open Water divers and to your Nitrox certification as well. Sarah loves teaching the Nitrox Course and as her students, I bet you could tell.

Welcome to the Blue Marlin family, we hope you come back soon again to explore the depths of the dive sites around the Gili's taking advantage of your newly acquired skills.

Happy diving

Reviewed August 6, 2019 via mobile

Was amazing!
Sarah my instructor was 10/10 explained everything reassured and was so helpful! Great to dive with and so knowledgeable
I also had the photos and they came out amazing cannot recommend it enough

Date of experience: August 2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review for us at Blue Marlin.
We are happy to hear that you had such a great time diving with us and Sarah as your instructor.
Great that you seized the opportunity to have pictures taken of your first dive, it is a first time experience that can not be repeated.

Welcome come back at any time!

Reviewed August 4, 2019

I attended an EFR course at BMD prior to starting my Dive Master Training
Neil Baxter was my instructor. He carried out the training to an excellent standard.
I have an extensive military background with quals in advanced combat first aid and am an advanced first aid instructor. Neil made the training for myself and other students on the course fun and easy to learn. He was also eager to learn from my experience and knowledge at the same time.

I rate BMD Gili T as an excellent dive shop that carries out impeccable training to very high standards

I will be returning to cary out more training and diving in the future

Date of experience: June 2019

Thank you very much Jonesy for taking the time writing this review for us!
We appreciate your feedback and I am sure that Baxter will enjoy them most of all.
It was a pleasure having you with us diving every day!

You became such a big part of the Blue Marlin family and we can't wait to have you back with us for more fun, games and diving!
Take care, we miss you and Aimee already!

Anna and the whole Blue Marlin team