“Big Bubble Dive Gili Trawangan”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gili Trawangan
Big Bubble Dive Official
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Although i had an confirmed booking by email from Steph and Chris from Big Bubble,
for an aircondition room.
Upon arrival there was no airco room available for me only fan room,
which i definitely did not want!!
I showed reception my confirmed reservation email but they were not impressed at all and did not even bother to say sorry.
As a result i also cancelled my planned diving with them. I confirmed this by email and Steph or Chris did not react to this email at all !!
Please take my advice and do not go to a dive resort where they do not care for their guests or divers. Waste of your time and money.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jacqueline d

Reviewed September 9, 2013

This place was awesome, stayed here for 3 nights, comfortable rooms with opted air-con. It is really chilled out with breakfast delivered to your room and tea and coffee available for free all day.
I didn't dive with these guys because we had friends working at Gili Divers so we went with them, but from watching their operations, they appeared to be very professional.
Did I mention that their pool is awesome and about 10m from the beach?
The location is good, on the East side of the Island close to many good food spots and good nightlife.
Definitely recommend!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Adski87
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

We got our ssi dive certification at big bubble, and really enjoyed it. The dive instructor, Made, was great, and helped us learn quickly. The rooms were clean, but got very hot throughout the day, and as there were no screened windows, you couldn't get a breeze at night. The food was also pricey, but bintang is cheaper here than the neighboring bars! Definitely would recommend getting certified here, but try to find cheaper accommodations. During high season you need to book way in advance.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Didn't stay here but diving was great - professional, friendly and flexible.

Child note - ask for Kelly. Couldn't have had a better instructor for the first open water dive. Encouraging and very kind.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed July 25, 2013

When we initially arrived, as said in previous reviews, their is a strange atmosphere in regard to exclusivity - so I completely understand those who have written that they felt excluded. HOWEVER, after signing up to our course we felt much better. The room was clean, big and the outside area is very nice. The local staff were lovely. With regards to the loud music, although we could hear it from our room it really wasn't an issue. The breakfast was nice. Our diving instructor was amazing (Victor). All in all we had a lovely stay here and did not want to leave one bit. I particularly recommend this place to young people who can or wish to start diving. Both my boyfriend and I had an unforgettable experience here.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I spent 6 weeks at Big bubble dive and accommodation doing my Dive Master course with shop manager Stephanie Khan. I can honestly say that the shop itself is the best on the island. I did a lot of research before i arrived, having spent 6 weeks here I also got to chat to many other dive shops and it became clear that Big Bubble not only had an excellent reputation for the quality of their diving instruction but also a reputation for having a really 'family' feel.

The diving instructors/guides and local teams work seamlessly together to create a slick, safe and friendly environment to dive, stay and have fun in.

The accommodation is excellent and extremely well serviced by the local staff. They run a great kitchen at the front which serves delicious pancakes, breakfast and smoothies all day + free tea and coffee!

I cant recommend this shop more highly, i feel my DM qualification was taught to the highest standards and i've felt extremely confident taking other divers out to experience the diving in this incredibly beautiful part of the world.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 19, 2013

The rooms were good and were cleaned everyday with fresh towels. The Indonesian people who worked there were lovely and friendly and made a special effort to include us in the hotel as it was very small. We did diving with a man called Victor who was very helpful, made us feel very welcome and was very friendly. However there was a young girl named Sarah who was very hostile and rude to hotel guests by being very segregational and had a distasteful attitude,along with a number of other staff who made it clear that they had no interest in speaking to anyone outside of the divint group. It took them at least 5 days to acknowledge our existence or even manage to muster a hello at breakfast. Despite this the other diving members such as Steve, Dave and Leah were very helpful and overall made our time at big bubble worthwhile. As a hotel I would recommend it if you are looking for a nice, clean and affordabl accommodation with an excellent location. However if you are desiring a welcoming and non-intimidating arrival then I would recommend looking elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2013