“Hospitable atmosphere and great diving :)”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gili Trawangan
Big Bubble Dive Official
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Learning to dive with Big Bubble was an amazing experience. For starters, the organisation of the course was great: I emailed Big Bubble a few days before arriving, so that the day after arriving in Gili T I found myself in the ocean on an Open Water course. After this, I took an Advanced Open Water course, with the instructors advising me the best optional modules to take with regards to my aims. The professional nature of the qualified instructors went a long way to making my dive experience in Gili T a comfortable and safe one.

I travelled to Gili Trawangan with the intent of volunteering for the Gili Eco Trust, with which Big Bubble works closely. For this reason I was instantly made aware of the ecological and conservation work Big Bubble is involved with, with it's contribution to the BioRocks- artificial reefs that can be found off shore in front of Big Bubble- as well as being one of the only places surrounding the harbour not to have extended its building onto the beach, preferring to plant trees there, as a barrier to coastal erosion.

Further to this, one other thing to note about the staff at Big Bubble is the overwhelming hospitability. It is hard to spend a minute here in which you don't see someone smiling. The dive instructors and dive guides are full of jokes, as are the receptionists and kitchen staff. I spent 3 months volunteering on the island, diving from Big Bubble, and not once was I made to feel unwelcome amongst the staff and guests here. There are many people at Big Bubble, from staff to dive instructors to other customers and guests, that I would now consider good friends.

Its location is central to the night-life of the island, with the night market only a minute away, and many other restaurants and bars on the doorstep.

I look forward to coming back to Indonesia next year, to see everyone at Big Bubble and go diving again. I had an amazing time and met some great people that I really miss!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Me and my daugther took our Open Water certificates here. Fantastic instructors and a very friendly atmosphere. We stayed at another homestay but spent a lot of time in BB's facilities. If ever on Gili T - GO THERE.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 31, 2013

My friends and I spent a night at Big Bubble. The staff were friendly and the room was good, clean and good value for money. I loved the outside bed we had on our patio. The location is superb, just across from the ocean. It was also central to everything without being over crowded. A good place to crash for the night.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Big Bubble is mostly dive focused centre with bungalows to rent. The bungalows are very simple and have seen their days (especially the bathroom). The patio in front of the bungalow is a nice touch but besides that not a lot of creativity to make the stay comfortable. Caution required on slick floor tiles which get very slippery when wet.
On a positive side the service is good, the staff is very accommodating. Whatever requested - additional fan, change of reservation - was provided without a question. The dive centre seemed to be also very professionally run and popular. The bungalows are better suited for friends/couples who want to be in the middle of Trawangan action and bungalow is needed just for sleeping, less so for families. Yes, the area is a little noisy in evenings but Big Bubble did clearly warn about this when making the booking therefore no complaints.
Stars given reflects purely bungalow quality, I am sure the dive centre deserves more credit (did not take).

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 9, 2013

It started as an ordinary encounter but became so much more! :)

While doing volunteer work on Gili T I dove with many of the dive centers on the island and I can say from experience that I would only recommend Big Bubble if you want to dive on Gili Trawangan.

The instructors are qualified and will take you on great dives on the many dive sites surrounding the island.
The staff is friendly and competent and the place has a truly welcoming and inviting feel to it.

The center is located right on the beach with the best snorkeling right out front. It's close to the harbor and the best night life is just around the corner.

Just like everyone else that come to stay and dive with Big Bubble, I can't wait to come back. I had an amazing time and really miss all of you at BB Dive.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Fantastic, friendly, eco conscious Dive Centre with proffesional experienced staff, a great relaxed atmostphere and lovely Anna the owner. Our 8 year old son Geroge hasnt stopped talking about his birthday Bubble Maker in August and Evie (11) cant wait to be old enough to do her Padi course.Really recommend this place to anyone with children and my husband who hadnt dived for 15 years was able to do a refresher course and loved his dives. Thankyou Big Bubble see you next year.
Claire, Jon, Evie and George

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 3, 2012

My partner, myself and my son stayed with Big Bubble for 8 days at the begining of Nov and we had the most fantastic diving, great accommodation and the best welcome we could have wished for. Everyone from the dive instuctors/guides, boat boys to the housekeeping staff couldn't have done more for us. The email booking was friendly and efficient - the rooms were perfect for our needs and great value- It can be noisy at night from the other resorts but this was clearly stated on the website - it wasnt a problem for us. We all highly recommend Big Bubble and definitely hope to return as soon as possible ! Thanks to all the team from Carolyn Nick & Andy

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family