Luce D Alma is a very charming resort. The room and the pool - its highlight - are quite attractive. I particularly liked the ceiling & lighting. The loungers on the patio, by the poolside are also very comfortable.
The reception has a good collection of DVDs, which we browsed through, but didn't use. We chose to spend time on the loungers under the clear night sky than to watch a movie indoors.
We saw a variety of fish and crabs, snorkeling just a few meters off the shore, from the resorts private beach.
The resort provides free bicycles for use, which we used to go around the entire island. everyone must visit the quieter side of the island. beautiful is an understatement!
Mr Antonio and the staff are very friendly and courteous. The receptionist is very efficient and fluent in English. They help with travel reservations and special meal requests (i am a vegetarian), with ease. the cake of the day was delicious on both days.
A few recommendations, though : food menu could be better, taste wise the food was fine. I understand that the owners are Italian, thus most of the dishes on the menu belong to their home cuisine, with few Indonesian entries. Its OK for a stand alone restaurant, but for a resort, in a place like Gili T, we would prefer to spend all our time within the resort & beach than to venture out in search of other restaurants. A few more options on the menu will be appreciated.
Though the bicycles are in good condition, the headlight depends on the speed of the cycle. On a road full of pot holes and wet sand patches, the cycle just doesn't catch up enough speed for sufficient brightness. This is a serious concern, as it was pitch dark after sunset. For a 4 star resort, they must take initiative to fix their approach road, and put up some street lights to make it a smooth ride.
Most of the books at the reception, available for guests to read, were in Italiano. A few more English titles would be great, on a rainy day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luce d'Alma is the newest resort to open its doors on the island of Gili Trawangan. This beautiful resort is surrounded by dancing coconut palms and is built around its private 230 foot long pool. Each room has direct access to the pool from its own terrace. If you are an ocean lover for your daily swim this resort's own private beach is just five minutes from your villa door. All the villas are elegantly furnished and come with: tv, dvd, air conditioning, mini bar, safety box, coffee and tea making, fresh hot water shower and bathtub, bathrobe, hairdryer, idd telephone, free bicycles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Luce d'Alma Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luce d`Alma Resort And Spa
- Luce d`Alma Hotel Gili Trawangan
- Luce D'Alma Resort & Spa Gili Islands/Gili Trawangan