“Great Place in Gili T”
Review of Martas Hotel

Martas Hotel
Ranked #5 of 178 Gili Trawangan B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We really enjoyed our three night stay at Marta's in September 2013. Marta's is located close to the main strip but just far enough away so that you escape the noise and crowds, which was perfect for us. The two-floor room was spacious and clean; we especially loved breakfasting on the daybed on our porch every morning. Another thing I really appreciated, particularly after having stayed at several other places during our Bali/Lombok vacation, is the abundance of hooks and hangers so you could hang up your clothes (perhaps a small detail, but after staying in places where most of my stuff stayed in my bags, much appreciated). There is also a line outside so you can hang up beach sarongs/bathing suits/whatever outside to dry as well).

Joanna is a wonderful host. Although I did not have the chance to meet her (probably because I left early each morning to go diving and didn't return until after sunset!), she was extremely responsive to questions I had prior to arriving in Gili T as well as during our stay. She helped us book our boat tickets back to Bali. When my boyfriend told her we were heading to Uluwatu, Joanna suggested a boat company that would take us to Serengan, which is a lot closer to Uluwatu than Sanur or Padang Rai, which were the Bali routes of the other boat companies we had been considering. Her responsiveness, friendliness and efficiency really made Marta's stand out.

Also, I appreciated the little notes and tips included in the information book in our room. I loved the food at Kafe Kecil, a fun and delicious Thai place on a side street a bit away from the craziness of the main strip. That and eating at the night food market were great suggestions!

I would absolutely recommend staying at Marta's. I suggest booking in advance, as I think rooms fill up quickly. We decided to extend our stay on the island for another night, but unfortunately but the time we decided to do so, Marta's was booked up for the extra night. We ended up staying at a place across the way, which was okay, but definitely paled in comparison to Martas.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I had a wonderful 4 night stay at Martas, and highly recommend it.
From my first enquiry, to the minute I left Gili Trawangan, Joanna and her staff looked after me brilliantly.
Joanna helped with advice and booking for the transfers from the airport, and made sure someone was there to meet me from the speedboat (even though I had to stay somewhere else the first night due to availability). They also came and met me from the other hotel to help me transfer my bags over.
The rooms at Martas are actually two storey chalets and are beautiful, comfortable and spotlessly clean. I loved the day bed outside on the terrace.
The pool is divine, and comfortable sun-loungers mean you can follow the sun or the shade round the pool all day.
Breakfasts were served by the pool and were lovely.
There is free wifi. There's a book library and DVDs to borrow and watch in the rooms.
All the staff were so friendly and helpful, and obviously work really hard to keep everything running smoothly.
The location was also perfect - it's close to the beach road to walk down for dinner, but is set back slightly making it much more peaceful than on the hectic main road.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 14, 2013

This place is very well located. Just off the main strip so that you can get away from the busy main strip but easily venture out too. Breakfasts were good and we loved the fact that we could have breakfast even in the afternoon if we slept in! The staff were very helpful and Joanna gave us some good recommendations for places to eat. At night there was a slight sound of club music but this didn't stop us from sleeping and I expect this would be much worse at places that are actually on the main strip. Overall we felt that this was a great place to stay and would recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

...with Martas Hotel can be very easy.

Had the chance to stay there only for one night but would loved to stay longer. Thus make sure you book in advance if you play to stay there.
For me it was perfect. Joanna is a perfect host and very friendly an helpful. Thanks for that.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Roland K
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great Spot to stay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Comfortable beds,Spacious balcony and quiet private outlook.
Breakfast fantastic!!!
Only 300m to the bars and restaurants.
Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

....OK, a little bit emphasized, but everything depends on individual needs and perception:
- calm, far enough away from Restaurant and Bar area (Main Street), good for those going by occasion also sometimes earlier to bed.....
- near to all important places, dive centers, restaurants, bars, beach...
- nice pool area and individual terrasses per house for a good relax period
-Coffee complimentary...
- nice houses in local (Bali?) style, you feel immediately "at home"/comfortable
- all houses placed in atrium style around the garden and the pool....
- Great breakfast....
Look at Martas Web Site....the pictures and atmosphere in the photos are no fake or result of good photo shooting...it is even better!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We really enjoyed the ambience and friendly staff during our stay. Very clean, pool in great setting, wonderful service,breakfast great. Joanna very good host, friendly, knowledgeable and interesting.
Many thanks, we would definitely stay again

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple