We really enjoyed our three night stay at Marta's in September 2013. Marta's is located close to the main strip but just far enough away so that you escape the noise and crowds, which was perfect for us. The two-floor room was spacious and clean; we especially loved breakfasting on the daybed on our porch every morning. Another thing I really appreciated, particularly after having stayed at several other places during our Bali/Lombok vacation, is the abundance of hooks and hangers so you could hang up your clothes (perhaps a small detail, but after staying in places where most of my stuff stayed in my bags, much appreciated). There is also a line outside so you can hang up beach sarongs/bathing suits/whatever outside to dry as well).
Joanna is a wonderful host. Although I did not have the chance to meet her (probably because I left early each morning to go diving and didn't return until after sunset!), she was extremely responsive to questions I had prior to arriving in Gili T as well as during our stay. She helped us book our boat tickets back to Bali. When my boyfriend told her we were heading to Uluwatu, Joanna suggested a boat company that would take us to Serengan, which is a lot closer to Uluwatu than Sanur or Padang Rai, which were the Bali routes of the other boat companies we had been considering. Her responsiveness, friendliness and efficiency really made Marta's stand out.
Also, I appreciated the little notes and tips included in the information book in our room. I loved the food at Kafe Kecil, a fun and delicious Thai place on a side street a bit away from the craziness of the main strip. That and eating at the night food market were great suggestions!
I would absolutely recommend staying at Marta's. I suggest booking in advance, as I think rooms fill up quickly. We decided to extend our stay on the island for another night, but unfortunately but the time we decided to do so, Marta's was booked up for the extra night. We ended up staying at a place across the way, which was okay, but definitely paled in comparison to Martas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst lush tropical gardens, just a stones throw from the main hub of island activity, Martas offers a collection of beautiful 2-storey detached bungalows situated around a central swimming pool. Mixing traditional Lombok design with modern comforts, each bungalow features carved wood and natural stone decors, air-conditioning, king-size bed, private bathroom with fresh hot water shower and free toiletries, flat-screen TV and mini fridge. Larger bungalows for families and groups of friends are also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz and Agoda so you can book your Martas Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Martas Hotel Gili Trawangan
- Martas Hotel Gili Islands/Gili Trawangan