“Bad timing and expensive Christmas eve diner”

Beach House Restaurant
Ranked #35 of 152 Restaurants in Gili Trawangan
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed December 27, 2010

Eaten at Beach House restaurant on Christmas eve with my family. The half of the family chosen the quite expensive (Rp 300.000 excl tax & service) Christmas eve diner and the other half of the table ordered separate dishes. We are used to the fact that not all food comes on the same time here in Indonesia, but normally at a restaurant which is a bit more expensive like this they are able to manage it better. Unfortunatly not at Beach House. One of our group got her main course before she fineshed her starter and others only got their starter. During the serving of an appetizer a waiter was holding a board slanting and thus threw half of the calamari on the ground. They also had terrible music on the back ground, which was mixed with the music from the neigbouring restaurant/bar. The setting on the beach with sea view is lovely and the food was not bad. Only for the money you have to pay at Beach House restaurant I would have expected more. There are much more restaurants on the island which have much better value for money. If I would come back on Gili T I would definitely not eat here again and therefore I would not recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed September 8, 2010

We went to Gili Trawangan for two nights and went to the Beach House Restaurant on the first evening. The seafood bbq was very nice and not expensive. The best thing is its location: If you have a table at the beach, it is very romantic. The service is very good, two.

The second evening we had a look at different restaurants: they were either not as nice as the Beach House in terms of location (it was a rainy and windy day) and food, or they were way more expensive. So we ended up in the Beach House again!

Reviewed May 18, 2010

We recently had quite a few meals at The Beach House and also a large number of tasty cocktails! The staff is really very friendly and I like the fact that the trainees have 'Trainee' on the back of their T-shirts which means' don't pick on me, I'm learning"!
We had barbecued prawns for dinner and they were amongst the best i have ever had - cooked to perfection!
Each meal was very good and apart form Ko Ko Mo, this is the beast food on the island as far as I am concerned.
I also have to mention that I love the fact that the owners are very 'hands on' in both the restaurant and the hotel which results in everything being extremely well run. It does make a difference when it is not an absentee owner!
Keep up the good work the Beach House!

1  Thank ilab
Reviewed April 27, 2010

Was in Gili T to have some fun and relax. My travel mate and I decided to follow the crowd and see what kind of action was going on. So there we were in a crowd trying desperately to get drinks with music pounding and after some time we finally get a flat and watered down rum and coke. We then decided to leave in disappointment and found our way to Beach House Restaurant's Bar.
Beach House Restaurant has what seems to be an amazing scene for food, but we had already eaten and we just wanted to kick back with some drinks so we hit up their bar. The greeting was warm and welcoming. We ordered some mixed drinks on suggestion from the bartender. I ordered my usual whiskey sour. They mixed it perfectly. The bartender even tasted it himself before serving it. This same bartender was very talkative and made us feel fantastically comfortable. We proceeded to stay and drink more than we should have, but we were having too much fun to leave. After some time we left as we left spending more money than we wanted but had a great time. I was compelled to leave a large tip.
The bar here is probably one of the best bars I have been to, with great bartenders who know how to mix with high standards and are great to talk to.

Reviewed March 30, 2010

I've stayed at The Beach House every time that I have visited the gili islands. The food is amazing, and fairly priced. Unlike many of the restaurants on the island, you recieve what you ask for, and they are more than willing to make any changes/substituitions that you request for your meal. Not only is the food great, but the resort in itself is great too. No matter which villa you stay in, it's extremely nice and comfortable, and for where you are, extremely inexpensive. The service is great, and very friendly. I highly recommend stopping over for a couple nights at The Beach House, if you are on the island.