“EXCELLENT! food service & atmosphere”

Beach House Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 114 Restaurants in Gili Trawangan
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“EXCELLENT! food service & atmosphere”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

we ended up going to the Beach House after our horrible experience at SCALLYWAGS. and it was a total blessing. everything was fantastic. The staff was super attentive, professional & friendly. They went over & above. The food was made quickly & tasted great! The BBQ choices were amazing & the price was super affordable. The ambience is candle lit with great music & the sound of the ocean. It was packed every night we went. it has a fun vibe & everyones happy to be there. Would definitely recommend it and would definitely GO AGAIN!! -- side note: the side salad bar was very limited but we didnt go there to fill up on that. (the Snapper & the grilled Calamari was spectacular!)

• Visited September 2012

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Just good atmosphere and great cocktail”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I had dinner with my friends during my trip in Trawangan. I need to say that the food was just an average, well at least it was below my expectation. The salad selection was average, nothing special i guess. My friend ordered chicken taliwang, he was expecting for a very spicy and tasteful chicken taliwang. But i guess the restaurant had to lower the spiciness of the food because its customers were foreigner and not expecting a food that was too spicy. So the chicken taliwang was a letdown for us. We also ordered soto ayam, and again it was an average. For main course we ordered grilled seafood, prawn and squid. The prawn and squid were just another disappointment for us. We really think that they really have to put an extra flavoring on their grilled menu and make it more tasteful.

The cocktails were great, well at least that was what my friends said. Based on the confession of my friends, you should try their espresso martini. It was awesome.

The atmosphere was great, you can also enjoy a music from the bar next to it. The staffs were also great, and very helpful. But overall, despite the bad food they served, the ambiance and the drinks selection were great.

• Visited October 2012
Melbourne, Australia
“This was my pick on gili!”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

This places makes ridiculously good banana pancakes for breaky!
Service was attentive, quick and the quality of food is great so we came back for more @ dinner time and had the seafood grill.
We had the snapper, prawns and calamari was amazing..included in this price is the array of fresh salads, baked potato and sauces...highly recommend!
Only thing to watch out for is the stray cats on the island might want to steal your dinner!

Visited October 2012
Brussels, Belgium
“Good BBQ but uninspired sides”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We went trough quite a few “choose-your-fish/meat-and-have-it-BBQ” places on the island. All basically have the same concept of super-fresh fish and seafood you pick and have grilled by the chefs. All places also have an included buffet with veggies, sauces and such. Beach house unfortunately just had plain tomatoes, salad etc. in separate bowls.

The BBQ itself was great and flavorful, especially the scampi’s that were super yummy. The place itself is lively and you could easily hang around for a beer or two.

Best – Scampis
Good – Ambience
Not so good – Side orders

Visited September 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Might be good for seafood, but...”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Our hotel told us this was one of the top restaurants on the island, so we went there for lunch. I'm a vegetarian, so I wasn't expecting to be wowed since The Beach House is known for good seafood, but even my restrained expectations we're not met.

I have a pet peeve - menus that don't list all main ingredients (I understand a little editing is necessary). The saffron tagliatelle with roasted tomatoes and rocket arrived with a rich cream sauce and only a couple small tomatoes, cream wasn't mentioned on the menu - I never order creamy pasta dishes. We also ordered a veggie pie with pumpkin, goat cheese and spinach with mashed potatoes and a salad. It was bland, with no sign of goat cheese (which would have added a lot of flavor). The "salad" was a couple leaves of iceberg lettuce, more of a garnish than a salad. I appreciate restaurants making efforts to include vegetarian options on the menu, but I'd prefer one really well-done dish to a choice among several lackluster dishes.

If you're looking for good seafood, then this might be a good choice for you, but I'd steer clear of the non-seafood dishes.

• Visited October 2012