“This was my pick on gili!”

Beach House Restaurant
Ranked #34 of 132 Restaurants in Gili Trawangan
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed October 10, 2012

This places makes ridiculously good banana pancakes for breaky!
Service was attentive, quick and the quality of food is great so we came back for more @ dinner time and had the seafood grill.
We had the snapper, prawns and calamari was amazing..included in this price is the array of fresh salads, baked potato and sauces...highly recommend!
Only thing to watch out for is the stray cats on the island might want to steal your dinner!

Reviewed October 10, 2012

We went trough quite a few “choose-your-fish/meat-and-have-it-BBQ” places on the island. All basically have the same concept of super-fresh fish and seafood you pick and have grilled by the chefs. All places also have an included buffet with veggies, sauces and such. Beach house unfortunately just had plain tomatoes, salad etc. in separate bowls.

The BBQ itself was great and flavorful, especially the scampi’s that were super yummy. The place itself is lively and you could easily hang around for a beer or two.

Best – Scampis
Good – Ambience
Not so good – Side orders

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Our hotel told us this was one of the top restaurants on the island, so we went there for lunch. I'm a vegetarian, so I wasn't expecting to be wowed since The Beach House is known for good seafood, but even my restrained expectations we're not met.

I have a pet peeve - menus that don't list all main ingredients (I understand a little editing is necessary). The saffron tagliatelle with roasted tomatoes and rocket arrived with a rich cream sauce and only a couple small tomatoes, cream wasn't mentioned on the menu - I never order creamy pasta dishes. We also ordered a veggie pie with pumpkin, goat cheese and spinach with mashed potatoes and a salad. It was bland, with no sign of goat cheese (which would have added a lot of flavor). The "salad" was a couple leaves of iceberg lettuce, more of a garnish than a salad. I appreciate restaurants making efforts to include vegetarian options on the menu, but I'd prefer one really well-done dish to a choice among several lackluster dishes.

If you're looking for good seafood, then this might be a good choice for you, but I'd steer clear of the non-seafood dishes.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Tuna tartar is good, spring roll is very tasty. Grill seafood is prepared rather good. We would recommend go there.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

We tried several seafood BBQs here and while all were very good this was the only one we came back to twice - brilliant. Great drinks too.