Pesona Beach Resort & Spa
Jambuluwuk Oceano Resort(Gili Trawangan)
$59
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Vila Ombak(Gili Trawangan)
$267
$75
  • Pool
The Trawangan Resort(Gili Trawangan)
$75
$81
$88
$70
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Ombak Sunset(Gili Trawangan)
$72
$66
  • Breakfast included
Les Villas Ottalia(Gili Trawangan)(Great Value!)
$81
$74
Wilson's Retreat(Gili Trawangan)
$210
$122
  • Breakfast included
Sunset Palms Resort(Gili Trawangan)
$113
$105
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsindian fooddive central gilishisha barbutter chickenair condiving lessonsthe main stripdive centreawesome locationcentral locationgreat place to stayclean roomsdive schoolhot watercleaned every daystandard roomthree nights
Reviewed February 18, 2010

This is a decent place to stay on an island with limited infrastructure. The power cuts are experienced island wide, the salt water showers are the norm, I think they do a good job here and was impressed by the staff overall. The location is central and with rooms set back from the main 'road' / track, it is suprisingly quiet in the evening which makes it a relaxing place, day and night. The staff were keen to help with any request. I don't think that the food looked too great so avoided it.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 15, 2010

I don't want t o say that in some rooms on the 2nd floor water smells like stink damp, i also don't want to say that the hotel's view on the picture is better than real view, all the more i don't want to say that there's no light and water during the day in this hotel (this problem almost solved on the island (apart from penny pincher's places as Pesona)). I just want to say that my clothes weку unpunished stolen from the laundry and manager of this hotel (Sally) were on the side of her thievish staff. Only absence of police and presence in the middle part of Gily make the staff of Pesona feel themselves like local gods.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank alexzero
Management response:Responded December 24, 2010

As the owner: I feel obliged to respond to this mail personally as I spoke to our manager about this incident personally. I'll address each of your complaints:
- Damp Smell: You were one of the few guests to stay in our new rooms. There was an issue in the way the back flush was working. This has now been resolved and the damp smell has gone and no other guests have complained about this since your review.
- No light and Water: We have a new big generator which allows us to have electric when there is a power cut and will address this issue, and the water pump was broken during your stay, which again has been rectified.
- Laundry Stolen: I'm told you are over 6 foot..my staff hardly make it to 5 feet tall. You tried to bully my staff at which point my Manager Sally intervened and you tried to bulldoze her too. I personally don’t advocate that behavior and don’t want such guests staying at my place. In terms of stealing they repeatedly told you that you marked the trousers incorrectly and as laundry is outsourced we cannot steal it. We checked with the laundry supplier, but they too saw no trousers on the invoice. In future please give the local staff respect.
Best regards, Sandesh

Reviewed January 14, 2010

Even before arrival I had a strange feeling about this place. after communicating with the manager, Sally. Her emails seemed pretty unfriendly and after talking to her one day on the phone that impression was confirmed.
Rooms itself are ok. The place (in fact whole island( has a power problems, multiple outages per day are common. Small pool. Kitchen smell and noise from next door dive centre. Overall I would not go there again especially when comparing to other places we stayed in Lombok.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mattse
Reviewed December 27, 2009

We stayed here, half way our 2 week holiday for 3 nights. We arrived from Lombok .We booked this hotel with a package deal from the Netherlands. The first view of the hotel is nice, but kind of budget with a very small pool. They told us the rooms where with airco. That was also what our travel agent at the Netherlands told us. Wel let me tell you about that. The airco is only turned on from 12.30 in the morning till 7 ore 8.30 in the morning. During that time it is possible to sleep, but as our door from the bathroom didn't close the warm air and smell from the kitchen swarmed into the room. I put some incense on the keep the smell out a little bit. It was so hot and claustrophobic in the room you can not imagine. The room has no glass windows, only wooden panels. And when you open them you will be hit by mosquitoes and of course lots of noise. As we are there to rest and wanted to sleep before midnight this is not possible because of the terrible heat. I tried to sleep one night, despite the heat. I discovered at our new hotel the next day, where finally we had some cool air, my back was covered with little spots because of the heat. My husband asked several times during the night if they could please turn the airco on, but the said the owner did not want to invest in a good generator so that when the power shuts out they can proved with there own generator. Also they told us the hotel was so cheap that we shouldn’t bother about it. Well as we booked a package deal the price was not an issue for us. Also the fan was not working all the time. For the nice an clean beached you have to walk a long way out of the town.
The good thing is the dvd player in the room, but you can not watch a movie because of the heat. Futher the room is modern and nice an big bathroom with good shower.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Saskianista
Reviewed November 21, 2009

outstanding relaxing...in low season it is super cheap with western valuta..rich coral reefs perfect for diving and scooba diving ...Lombok is in 30 minutes with boat(depends what kind of boat) Bali is 4 hours medium speed boat or speedferry 80 minutes.. FOR THE HIPPIES -MAGIC MUSHROOMS ARE LEGAL ON THE ISLAND-

Gili Air and Gili Meno also at swimming distance ...BUT DONT SWIM IT!!

Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family