We spent just under a week at the Pesona resort. We enjoyed our stay on the whole. The hotel is made up of separate, stand alone rooms that are air conditioned and clean. They have their own bathrooms with salt-water showers (this is the case everywhere on the island). The hotel is in a lovely spot in the centre of "town" and with a beach front restaurant. Our stay was slightly spoilt by finding out on our penultimate day that the hotel had double booked us and required us to move elsewhere initially with no compensation/sweetener. It took some serious discussion to get a fair deal.
Gili Trawangan is a stunning island with excellent snorkelling and atmosphere. It has lots of lovely beach front restaurants serving fresh grilled fish. The locals are friendly and nice. Returning to Bali, we found our 4/5 star hotel there sterile and atmosphereless after GT. However, GT is basic- there is no fresh water for showers, regular power cuts and the roads are all dirt tracks. It is special though and well worth the visit- in 10yrs it will be very different as big hotels are already buying up land.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pesona Beach Resort is located on the idyllic island of Gili Trawangan, just off the northwest coast of Lombok. Situated just a short walk south of the jetty on Gili Trawangan, Pesona Resort is an ideal place to spend your time here. We recently opened a 5* Dive center called Dive Central Gili which is PADI certified and a Spa to pamper yourself with all sorts of treatments. The pool overlooks the white sandy private beach and the turquoise ocean, with Gunung Rinjani as its backdrop. We have 6 types of accommodation available to our guests (2 Bed Villa Suite, Villa Rooms, Deluxe Rooms, Sea-View Rooms, Deluxe Bungalows & Standard AC Rooms. All of our rooms are considerately furnished with quality in mind and have en-suite western standard bathrooms. If you want to experience something different from the local nasi dishes or the western fusion menus, why not come for some authentic INDIAN FOOD? Our specialist chefs lovingly prepare the food using the best imported ingredients and we have a comprehensive menu of authentic Indian cuisine to delight your taste buds as well as a new Lunch Menu serving up western food. The Sheesha lounge on the beach is a perfect way to end of the evenings. Book transfers from Bali or Lombok through easygili transfers to get here! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire and Booking.com so you can book your Pesona Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pesona Hotel Gili Trawangan
- Pesona Beach Resort & Spa Gili Islands/Gili Trawangan