“Couldn't ask for more!”

Ranked #20 of 37 Hotels in Gili Trawangan
Melbourne, Australia
“Couldn't ask for more!”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

All the positive remarks about Pesona are spot on! I stayed here over the New Years Period for 2 weeks and had an awesome time. The location is perfect right near the heart of the action. The rooms are nice and the staff are fantastic. The owners (Sumeena and Sandesh) will go out of their way to ensure you have a wonderful stay. Im going back in just under 1 month - can't wait!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Pak_Denis

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I stayed 4 months on The Gili's, with my girlfriend. We stayed pretty much every night in Pesona's chill out area smoking the best Sheesha on The Island. (I Stayed 1 year in Egypt) and this sheesha is at least as good as it was in Egypt.
The owners are very friendly and helps you out with whatever problem you might have. They will give you great advise on where to go and what to see on The Island.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kasperdue
UK
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I stayed at Pesona for 3 nights and was very impressed with the place. I had one of the fan rooms at the back which is cheaper than the other rooms but by no means budget standards. The room was very clean, fresh sheets on the bed and lovely finishing touches all round. Big bathroom which was immaculate with hot water shower. The room had a safety box and plenty of drawers etc. I went diving each day and left my lap top in the room and in the afternoons I left my underwater camera there and it was very safe. The staff were grea - the inclusive breakfast was very good and I ate there two times for the Indian food which was awesome. I had the chicken saag both times and it was fab - popodoms too and pickles.
There is a nice pool and sun loungers, good cocktails, friendly staff and very good service. I will recommend this place to everyone. The location is also second to none. Thannk you Pesona for a great holiday - I will be back!

Room Tip: Rooms at the back have less noise thann the ones near the front. Get up early to get your sun lounge...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank swormald
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Great little resort in the heart of main srtip.
Great service at the bar and restaurant at all times.
Rooms were nice but the only downfall was the bathroom was a bit smelly, but nothing to complain to management about.
Great value for money thats for sure.
The restaurant and sheesha lounge was very hippie and relaxed, which was good. Great views from the restaurant.
At the end our stay sumeena came up to us asked if we enjoyed our stay etc, which was lovely.
Would definately stay again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank rh81
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 29, 2012

The management/owner was very helpful and the service was great. The food was excellent (the place serves Indian food and it was fantastic).

We didn't dislike this place, but I just can't quite bring myself to rate it "very good" (though it was close). We're backpackers but were on a 2 week holiday this time (staying at Persona for 5 nights), and this place had a hostel-like feel but with hotel (ish) prices. However, judging from the look of other places on the island (and the associated costs) perhaps the value for money here is correct (I think perhaps the island is just a relatively expensive place to stay). Also, we're not fussy people - particularly as we were here for the diving and spent very little time in the hotel. I don't think this is the kind of place you want if you want to spend hours by the pool.

The rooms (deluxe bungalow for 4 nights and fan room for the last day) felt a bit dark and dingy with mosquito nets with holes in them (not that we appeared to need the nets). The aircon was needed as the fan room we stayed in for the last night was intensely hot (but brought on by weather change - I don't think it's always that hot with the requirement for aircon). It was extremely noisy until 4am two of the nights we were there due to the proximity to a popular bar next door (and this is of course out of the control of the hotel). The bed we were in was a twin pushed together with a significant ridge in the middle (not the most comfortable for a couple).

It's a nice enough place, but I don't think it would suit everybody. I would urge those looking for luxury and peace to look elsewhere (but be willing to pay quite a bit more).

Room Tip: I'd suggest going for the more expensive suites, they looked significantly nicer and I think the...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DavidC82
Australia
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We stayed in a fan room at the back of the resort. It was perfect. There was no need for air conditioning with two fans in the room - one ceiling and the other free standing. The breakfast was great and the service couldn't be faulted. One point would be that there are no mosquito nets and holes in the fly scene so Mosquitos do get in and you can't have fresh air in the room. But this would not be a problem in the air conditioned rooms.

The staff make this place as they are so friendly and helpful. They went the extra mile to help when I was sick and needed a doctor. Great work!

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the back as the ones at the front get all the noise.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I stayed at the Pesona Resort in July with a group of friends and we had a fantastic time. Sandeesh and Sumeena (the owners) made us feel at home from the moment we checked in and looked after us very well throughout our stay especially on my birthday! The resort is very well run and the attentive staff ensure the facilities are kept clean and tidy. The Indian food served at Pesona is also well worth a try. I recommend booking in advance as the resort is popular. I hope to return to Gili T again soon and shall look no further than Pesona.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends