This was a wonderful return visit - 10 lovely days. In our opinion this is the best place to stay on Gili Meno and now that Gili Air's reef has all but disappeared (from a combination of heavy seas, coral removal and boat anchoring) we didn't regret our decision to bypass Gili Air this year. Amazing what can happen in a year.
The villas are as lovely as ever and the garden has had some beautiful additions.
We found the most beautiful and almost deserted swimming spots further North and spent much of our time swimming, walking and reading. The only problem with Gili Meno is the paucity of places to eat. Rust's Warung (at the harbour) was pretty shocking this year. We ended up eating almost all our evening meals at Nautilus' own restaurant - great food but a limited choice over 10 days. There are a few more places for lunch up the coast serving pretty good food - eg. Ana's. And Tropical Hideaway up the road alongside Nautilus serves quite good food but no one else seems to eat there.
Nautilus staff are all good but a special mention must go to the wonderful Sena - you won't find a better masseuse anywhere, and she is also one of the main cooks.
We will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Five beautifully appointed self contained villas with views to the ocean and Mt Rinjani directly across the grassed area in front of your villa. Each villa has its own large king-sized bed, full air/con, hot water showers, an extensive lounge seating area, a safe and TV and served by an al la carte restaurant on the beach front. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Villa Nautilus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Nautilus Hotel Gili Meno
- Villa Nautilus Gili Meno, Gili Islands