Wow. There's a reason Shack 58 is rated #1 in Gili Meno. It's beautiful, amazingly well run, private, and located right on the beach. The food, as everyone has mentioned, is delicious. I still miss Nirah's pancakes. The rooms are well decorated, comfortable, and have amazing view. We fell asleep each night to the sound of the ocean just yards from our bed. :)
I echo what everyone has said in their glowing reviews.
Two things to add:
1) The owners have closed Shack 59 which means that you now have the entire place to yourselves.
2) While Shack 58 is private, it is not secluded. There is a walkway between the shack and the beach which is used by people (and cute horse carts) circumventing the island. Additionally, the resort next door has a cabana right on the property line which reduces the feeling of privacy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to 2 simple getaway cottages on NE side of Gili Meno Island. These cottages are deliberately simple in design so one can relax and disengage from the stresses of modern life. This place was built with the idea of relaxing in a simple environment but with a few luxuries. If you are wanting "lights camera action" type holiday this is not for you. We rely on the island generator for power and embrace the simple life - if you going to get upset if the power goes out or water isn't delivered timeously due to bad weather or low tides over reef a remote island with no infrastructure is definitely not your gig. If you need simplicity and a pure island experience you will enjoy visiting us. 58 & Bamboo H are both beachfront properties, Shack59 is on a separate property about 100m from the beach, but it does have its own large daytime gazebo with bed and table and chairs and private bathroom where guests are invited to relax and enjoy the view. All meals are served on the beach gazebos. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Shack 58 And 59
- Shack 58 & 59 Hotel Gili Meno
- Shack 58 & 59 Gili Meno, Gili Islands