“Excellent hotel”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Coma Ruga
Solihull, United Kingdom
“Excellent hotel”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Just returned this week from a short stay at this hotel and had no complaints.

Firstly, our travel to Spain from the UK was disrupted by a strike by French AirTraffic Controllers. This resulted in us losing 4 days of our planned 7 day visit to Coma Ruga. However, this is no fault of the hotel and they were understanding and very helpful throughout. Whilst a partial refund was never expected, the hotel manager did upgrade us to full board, instead of half board, to make up for our shortened stay and this was very welcome as we wished to make the most of our remaining 3 days.

We travelled as a family, with our two young children. They very much enjoyed their time here, using the pool, the beach and the mini-club. There was also entertainment laid on for the kids including a mini disco in the evening and even a foam party one afternoon, which amused the kids, aged 2 and 4 very much.

Our room was on the 2nd flor and was very nice. The balcony overlooked the courtyard which contains the pool, plus a garden and a pond with turtles in. We found it very quiet and relaxing with little noise from other rooms or from outside, especialy at night. We could see the sea and beach from the balcony, as can most other rooms.

Our room on the second floor had two large double beds, which accomodated all of us easily. The room was clean and comfortable, with satellite tv and the bathroom was clean. I appreciated that it was mould-free, unlike some so-called 5 star hotels we have stayed in.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, particularly in reception and the restaurant. Food was great, plenty of choice and we had no illness or issues with either food or drink. We are quite picky, but in this hotel we had nothing to complain about or to say that could be improved. I travel a lot and would say this is 4 stars.

We will visit again, next time for a longer stay than 3 nights.

Room Tip: 2nd floor or higher
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Raul C, Director Hotel at Gran Hotel Europe Comarruga, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear guest,

We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Thank you for making some points as we like to hear our guests’ feedback in order to improve ourselves.

We hope you will return to our hotel and hope not to let you down.

Kind regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Polish first
Ely, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a 7 night stay. The hotel is in a great location adjoining a soft sandy beach. Staff were very helpful and facilities good. We only ate breakfast which always offered a wide choice and good quality. Good reception wifi in the hotel and also reception by the sea. Couldn't fault it for the price.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Richard R
David J, Director Hotel at Gran Hotel Europe Comarruga, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear Richard,

Thank you very much for your comments. It is a pleasure to see that you had such a good time with us.

We hope to see you back soon.

Kind regards,
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 8, 2013

The hotel was amaizing, the staff here are very nice and friendly. The food was absolutely delicious. nice and clean every thing prefect ,by the beach i was very happy ,just amaizing
the only think on my opinion was the pool ,it was no pool for the little kids part from than 10 out 10

Room Tip: just excellent
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank marioalb
Jose Miguel T, Gerente at Gran Hotel Europe Comarruga, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Guest, I really appreciate the time taken to write your comments about your recent stay in our hotel and I'm glad we made it as pleasent as it sounds. I'll share your words with the rest of the team. Best regards from Comerruga
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We spent there a long weekend and realised the hotel has lost one star along the way.... Rooms are clean but small, no wifi except at the reception and you have to pay if you want to use the safe in the room... Food quality is OK and hotel is next to the sea.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank nicoladurano
Jose Miguel T, Gerente at Gran Hotel Europe Comarruga, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear guest, I’m sorry if we did not meet your expectations, we keep working every season to improve our services like wi-fi in the guest rooms which I believe we’ll have it next year, We thank you very much for the positive comments about the other areas you experienced. Best regards from Comarruga
nijmegen
Reviewed October 4, 2012

this is a good hotel,we found the staff-bar-rest.resep. very good and friendly,but the people who complain are maybe not friendly themselves? the meals have something for every taste,the salad fruit and pudding selection is fresh and good. the rooms are large and every day cleaned with new towels. we had a all-incluc.arrangement was fantastic. there was free wine and water with meals for all residends. bycycles sunbeds ect. can be hired for next to nothing.
THANKYOU ALL FOR A GOOD HOLIDAY the only minpoint is the swimbath area .

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank rietjehickford
Jose Miguel T, Gerente at Gran Hotel Europe Comarruga, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Dear Guest,
We as a team appreciate the type of comments like yours, it’s been a pleasure to host you in our hotel and we hope to see again in the future. Best regards from Comarruga
Reviewed September 17, 2012

The hotel was amaizing, the staff here are very nice and friendly.
The food was absolutely delicious. The hotel it's self is very clean, quiet and beautifly decorated.
The room I stayed in was fabulous, very clean. The bathroom was very clean and big, however, it was unpleasent, do to the horrible smell.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank daria a
Jose Miguel T, Gerente at Gran Hotel Europe Comarruga, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I nearly didn't book this hotel due to some of the poor reviews but now I am so glad I did. I have just come back after a 4 night stay and think this hotel is great. I travelled with my Husband and 6 year old daughter and they really enjoyed themselves too.

The hotel is clean, well looked after and nicely decorated. The room we had, had to double beds and over looked the side of the hotel with a side sea view and was over the ventalation as the previous reviewer mentioned. To be honest it was not that bad, it didn't affect anyone's sleep at all and as the Bar is on this side also the music till midnight didn't bother us also. With the doors and windows shut it was perfectly fine and we had air con anyway. All the staff I encountered were very friendly apart from one waitress (we just avoided sitting in her section). The housekeeping staff very friendly always leaving plenty of fresh towels. The food is amazing, I'm not a fussy eater but I'm particular about what's in my food, how it's presented etc. There was so much choice I don't see how a anyone could complain, it was often hard to decide what to eat. yes the food wasn't piping hot but was warm enough and they provided a microwave and grill with a chef making 2 different things to order, so you could just eat that! They also did themed dinners, Italian, Spanish too. I would highly recommend going all inclusive it's great value and with children saves a lot of hassle. The pool bar is open after breakfast till dinner, then the cafeteria bar is open till midnight and Bar California is open from 9pm till midnight also. The pool was very big but never felt overcrowded, not many loungers but if you got one before breakfast finished you could easily get one or wait till after lunch (or go to beach!). There was a lot of Spainsh holiday makers but I find this a real bonus, a few Russians/Germans and a handful of English but everyone was friendly. The entertainment was ok, not always my cup of tea but at least is was there, the Bar California in the hotel was always busy but they alwats put on something till 12am each evening. The kids club wasn't open at all from what I could see, but the team did get the children involved in the evening dancing etc and there was a foam party one afternoon also.

The beach is right across from the hotel over the footpath, is the longest stretch of beach, so no need to worry about crowds or anything. Very beautiful and clean and so many attractions along the beach for kids (bouncy castles, mini funfairs etc), some very overpriced though! The town is small loads of resturants, bars and shops. In the evening there is craft market along to beach promenade selling, all sorts and nice for a stroll after dinner.

I feel the bad reviews on here are due to fussy people expecting more than they pay for and not appreciating this hotel for what it actually offers. The staff are Spanish and speak Spanish, so you need to learn a bit of Spanish or speak slowly to be understood and not rant and rave about nonsense! If they didn't understand the staff always tried to understand and always were very helpful. Also they give you an extensive list of exactly what is included in AI when you check in so if you don't bother to read it that's on you cos unless you speak Spanish thats gonna be a long conversation! I would say if just want to go somewhere not costing the earth and you have kids then book this hotel, make sure you really search around for a good price as each website I checked varied a lot in price. I would go back, the only thing is the weather is was pretty poor in this area, rained for 2 days so that may stop me from returning, but that is nothing to do with hotel!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank Chez08
Jose Miguel T, Gerente at Gran Hotel Europe Comarruga, responded to this review, September 2, 2012
Dear Guest,
On behalf of all my team members, I’ll like to thank you very much for your kind, extensive and pleasant comment about our hotel. We have had a very dry summer with very little rain, unfortunately as you mentioned you experienced two days in a row which is unusual at this time of the year. We hope this will not stop you for coming back. Best regards from sunny Comarruga
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coma Ruga
#5 of 7 in Coma Ruga
Ohtels San Salvador
Ohtels San Salvador
#1 of 1 in Sant Salvador

Been to Gran Hotel Europe Comarruga? Share your experiences!